Sponsored

Original Bullitt at MOM

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
If it does go to auction, which it looks like it might, then i would think someone like Jay Leno would buy it. :)

According to Leno in the video he did, he was the first person outside of the family memebers to be allowed to drive it when it surfaced.

I should think owning it is a huge responsibility now, security etc.

Leno would be perfect, loan it to the Petersen Auto museum who have McQueen's Jaguar, so folks can go look at it.
Sponsored

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Yes, and it nothing had to do with money. It has gotten to the point where the car was/is more of a burden than a gift. Sean's wife is having a baby next month and he needs to focus on that and not a car. I had a chance to talk in length with Sean & Sam before the event. Two very normal and down to earth country people. Sean never expected any of this. I told the folks from Mecum that they had to sell the car to someone in the USA and that person could not hide it away in some private collection. They laughed!
Unfortunately, i have a feeling that this car may go overseas and will never be seen again. When Mecum had the Hero Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor Car that sold for like 1 million, it went to Germany i believe.

Also lets not forgot, Sean still has a Bullitt. He picked up a 2019 Bullitt (unless he sold it by now). I saw him and his car at the Carlisle Ford Nationals this past summer

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Unfortunately, i have a feeling that this car may go overseas and will never be seen again. When Mecum had the Hero Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor Car that sold for like 1 million, it went to Germany i believe.

Also lets not forgot, Sean still has a Bullitt. He picked up a 2019 Bullitt (unless he sold it by now). I saw him and his car at the Carlisle Ford Nationals this past summer
Many of the Fast and Furious Hero cars went over seas too. We are quite terrible at keeping our Hero cars in the US.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If it does go to auction, which it looks like it might, then i would think someone like Jay Leno would buy it. :)

According to Leno in the video he did, he was the first person outside of the family memebers to be allowed to drive it when it surfaced.

I should think owning it is a huge responsibility now, security etc.

Leno would be perfect, loan it to the Petersen Auto museum who have McQueen's Jaguar, so folks can go look at it.
Alan, it is definitely going to auction, but I hope you're right. Someone like Leno would be perfect. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Many of the Fast and Furious Hero cars went over seas too. We are quite terrible at keeping our Hero cars in the US.
Funny isn't it, that folks with big buck overseas value some of our things more than we do. I think its because we tend to take things for granted.
Sponsored