SpeedPhenom's Shadow Black Delivery

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Has anyone provided any proof this kid was singled out by Ford to make sure he got one?

From what I've read, he simply worked hard to find one of the first, and likely paid a high ADM for it so that he can then get the early impression videos and reviews out there which are getting tons of views.

Honestly sounds like a bunch of jealous people hating on someone because they feel entitled and that they should have gotten their vehicle first. News flash, many people have bought many Fords and many people have been Ford fans their whole lives.
I heard someone say yesterday that he bragged (on video) that Ford did just that. I haven't watched the videos to confirm it. I just don't like watching rich kid's who act flaky do anything on YT...especially when they just buy their way into everything without ever getting their hands dirty. Sorry, I respect actual working people not flakes throwing money around...
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Car is FAST!!!!
No drag wheels/drag tires. AWESOME!!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I heard someone say yesterday that he bragged (on video) that Ford did just that. I haven't watched the videos to confirm it. I just don't like watching rich kid's who act flaky do anything on YT...especially when they just buy their way into everything without ever getting their hands dirty. Sorry, I respect actual working people not flakes throwing money around...
I heard that it was Ford III promoting this to be a new Ford movie. See...IT DOES MATTER WHAT YOU HEARD !!!!!! Its all just...well...dumb. The guy has his car. He is posting about it. Wow. What a shame. We get to hear and see the new GT500 in a real owners hand. But wait is he really a owner ? Is he really real ? Because you know turning your wrenches on a 75k+ car when there is no tech books on it yet really put the hairs on your chest. Seriously people give it a rest. If you do not like the kid because of a YT channel, you need to take a hard look at your current standing.

Bloody hell... rant done.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
well, i was wrong, he did pilot it to 10.6 himself. bad side i was wrong, good side, Camaro6 folks boiling a newb went faster than the "ringer" evans, and waay faster than their ZLE and C8 godlike chariots lolololoolololol
When and Where?

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Car is FAST!!!!
No drag wheels/drag tires. AWESOME!!
On his fastest run..10.66 he launched at 3200rpm. The maximum you can set it.
1.7 60 foot.
If you can’t set the launch control any higher I am wondering how much drag radials will help?
I am sure it will do better but how much?
Also I wonder how just foot braking it will work with the DCT.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
A 9 second run won’t take much. In a few weeks to few months we’ll know what hero runs will be. I’m betting someone will hit 9’s without tuning. Slicks and driving and maybe ditching extra weight from seats, carpet, trunk junk. Wheel fitment might be an issue.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Honestly this kid may have just made a great investment. He's seeing quite a pop from GT500 content, double/triple average views and getting 1k+ subs/day. I can already hear the groaning "YouTube isn't a investment, he should park his money in __________". Well, here's a breakdown (caveat, Adam LZ is much more popular)

To save a click:
  • Purchased GT350 for $53k
  • About $4k in mods/insurance
  • Can get $40k from CarMax
  • Made $48k from GT350 content
  • ~$20k profit if he were to sell today, accounting for taxes
Not to mention all the free pub. Ford gets in a demo they don't traditionally target. Kid may not move a single 500 but he may make Ecos more attractive to his peers.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
On his fastest run..10.66 he launched at 3200rpm. The maximum you can set it.
1.7 60 foot.
If you can’t set the launch control any higher I am wondering how much drag radials will help?
I am sure it will do better but how much?
Also I wonder how just foot braking it will work with the DCT.
Lighter wheels, better tires,............I'm sure it should help? No?
Maybe high 9's can be achieved as well???? Call me crazy!!! :crazy: :crazy: :cwl: LOL

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Honestly this kid may have just made a great investment. He's seeing quite a pop from GT500 content, double/triple average views and getting 1k+ subs/day. I can already hear the groaning "YouTube isn't a investment, he should park his money in __________". Well, here's a breakdown (caveat, Adam LZ is much more popular)

[

To save a click:
  • Purchased GT350 for $53k
  • About $4k in mods/insurance
  • Can get $40k from CarMax
  • Made $48k from GT350 content
  • ~$20k profit if he were to sell today, accounting for taxes
Not to mention all the free pub. Ford gets in a demo they don't traditionally target. Kid may not move a single 500 but he may make Ecos more attractive to his peers.
Adam LZ is in a whole different league. He's a Youtube partner, has sponors, sells tons of merchandise, and has over 2.5M subsribers. I am guessing SP makes a fraction what LZ makes. LZ also lives in Florida where there is no State income tax vs California where it is probably highest in the country.

Nothing against the kid and it will definitely help his channel grow but Youtube is not paying for multiple $80K+ cars.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Lighter wheels, better tires,............I'm sure it should help? No?
Maybe high 9's can be achieved as well???? Call me crazy!!! :crazy: :crazy: :cwl: LOL
I think 9s are possible with the following modifications and very good air/da.

Drag radials.
Front skinnies.
Smaller front brakes.
Seats removed.
Less then 1/2 tank of fuel.
150 pound driver.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I know the 10.60ET are great times on great track conditions, but a member can buy a almost new used 2017 mustang with a Whipple Supercharger for a third of the cost of a 2020 ShelbyGT500 and run those times.I know it will not be a Shelby.LOL

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I know the 10.60ET are great times on great track conditions, but a member can buy a almost new used 2017 mustang with a Whipple Supercharger for a third of the cost of a 2020 ShelbyGT500 and run those times.I know it will not be a Shelby.LOL
$40,000 is a third of $75,000.
Seems legit.