2019 Invoice Price????

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Hello all I have found the car listed below and managed to get the dealer to sell me the car at invoice my question is dose any one know what invoice is on this thing sticker is 72,900
2019 GT350R
Technology Package
Vinyl Over-The-Top Racing Stripe
Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel
Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I imagine what ever price he sold it to you.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You can find it here with all the options
https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2019/Ford/Mustang
Curious to see if that "invoice price" matches what the dealer said their "invoice" price was. One way to verify if the dealer is being honest with you if you believe NADA has the correct pricing. Personally I would believe the dealer because I try to be a glass half full kind of person any more even though I've been lied to before. Our new local KIA dealer closed because of their stellar BBB rating of F which apparently doesn't stand for fantastic. You should read some of the customer complaints. You can't make up stuff like that.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Hello all I have found the car listed below and managed to get the dealer to sell me the car at invoice my question is dose any one know what invoice is on this thing sticker is 72,900
2019 GT350R
Technology Package
Vinyl Over-The-Top Racing Stripe
Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel
Is it Ruby Red?

The only way I could get the MSRP to $72,900 was make it a Ruby Red with stripes, Tech, and CF dash.

If that's accurate, the invoice was $69,260 on it.

They'll still make $2187 in hold back on it so don't feel too bad for them.

Great job finding an R at invoice! :clap:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Is it Ruby Red?

The only way I could get the MSRP to $72,900 was make it a Ruby Red with stripes, Tech, and CF dash.

If that's accurate, the invoice was $69,260 on it.

They'll still make $2187 in hold back on it so don't feel too bad for them.

Great job finding an R at invoice! :clap:
No its kona blue with white stripes

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Here's a trick. If you go to the Ford site (or any car for that matter), and then go to where you build your own, it will typically ask you for your zip code. Enter any zip code for Virginia. When you build and price your car, it will give you invoice instead of MSRP. I have no idea why.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Here's a trick. If you go to the Ford site (or any car for that matter), and then go to where you build your own, it will typically ask you for your zip code. Enter any zip code for Virginia. When you build and price your car, it will give you invoice instead of MSRP. I have no idea why.
Actually that is not true. When you look at the sticker which is the MSRP it will be the same as the "net" price on your build sheet.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You would get even better help if the actual VIN can be provided... because someone with access to the Ford A-X plans could see “invoice”...

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
We still don't know if he got what we think is invoice based on Rjay's post. I thought the whole purpose of this was to verify what his dealer told him about invoice sale.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Actually that is not true. When you look at the sticker which is the MSRP it will be the same as the "net" price on your build sheet.
Well, any time I’ve ever “built” a car in VA, it’s come out around $5K cheaper than if I build it using my real zip code, so...explain what I’m looking at then.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, any time I’ve ever “built” a car in VA, it’s come out around $5K cheaper than if I build it using my real zip code, so...explain what I’m looking at then.
While it may be coming out cheaper - I don’t think there is a trick or glitch showing Ford’s “invoice” values. What it may be is the difference for geographic location - that is merely a guess. It’s more of a question of why else would ANY Zip Code matter or be a requirement for build pricing if there wasn’t price fluctuations based on geographic location of the buyers?

Can you do an example of the same build using (2) different zips and post the results (screen shots)?

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I just built an Escape S no options for $26080 MSRP in zip code 22301 in VA and the build price and the sticker price are the exact same. It's that way any zip code, doesn't matter. You may be building a car and then searching a dealer for the car and they don't have an exact match and you are clicking on it thinking you're looking at the same car when the car you are looking at has more options convincing you that your build price is the invoice price when it's not. Hell of a sentence but the facts are there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Curious to see if that "invoice price" matches what the dealer said their "invoice" price was.
the official-looking "invoice price" has little relationship to the amount the dealership "bought" the car for from the manufacturer since it doesn't account for holdback and all kinds of rebates between Ford and the dealer. "invoice" price is typically around 7% off of MSRP, hold back another 3-4%. For example Ford F150s (because a sh*t-ton of them are sold every year) are being advertised for 35-40% off MSRP. Either the dealer is losing their ass on every unit they're trying to move since late October, or there's a few thousand dollars they are getting back from purported "invoice" to at least break even. Or maybe they really are booking the loss (in part?) to take a big bite out of their profits and thus tax liability at the end of the fiscal year.

vehicle buyers have very imperfect information. But you can consult sites like this and figure accordingly.
https://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/ford-mustang-prices.html
Sponsored