Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
SO who has my other Rear Rim????

I went in for a Winter tire install on the OEM rims and discovered that I have 3 front tire rims (19"x10.5") and 1 Rear tire rim(19" x11")

You can see how the different offset has the tire sticking out about 1" outside the wheel well.
IMG_6897.JPG
IMG_6898.JPG

For those that did not get or see the addendum to the Owner's manual, You can tell the fron rim vs the back by the valve stem placement. The Front has the valve stem between the 'V' while the rear has it outside the 'V'

Front:
Front Rim.JPG

Rear:
Rear Rim.JPG

For my troubles (bad splitter install- 3rd times the charm, not enough oil [8 instead of 10 and had to go back after 34 miles] and now an improper rim [ 3 Fr, 1Rr]) they are giving me a free all weather trunk liner.
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My Bullitt has the same gap.

I'd be interested in adding the little lip there though. Looks like a more subtle option to keep rocks from the rear fender.
Interesting to point this out, I'll add in what I know about this:
For the North American Market:
This cut is to account for the little "lip" or tire spat, for aero reasons, that the PP2 cars should have installed from factory.
Euro Market:
Some Euro models 18+ (non-PP2) also have this part installed. Not sure on what rhyme/reason for what models get what, but you will see it in various Euro model photos.

On some cars (like the current new Corollas, some Hyundais, various BMWs) you'll notice what looks like a lip in this same area, but they've molded as part of the bumper itself, and not a separate piece. This is all for Aero.

The carpeted stuff is cut to account for this, and to cut costs/complexity, all trim since at least MY2018 have the cut in it, even if your car is not a PP2, but this is the first model year of the PP2, and MY18 refresh.
Ford is silly however, or maybe its a supply issue, but some PP2s (like mine) have shipped without these tire spats, and one PP2 on the lot had one on the Driver side, but nothing on the passenger side.
Again, typical FORD QC; or, the supplier can't make enough, and Ford will not stop the assembly lines just because of this obviously, so off the cars go.

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Just swapped out the pilot sport cup 2s after a thousand miles to Michelin pilot super sport 305/35/19. I'm liking the extra .5 inch of ground clearance and a less jarring ride. The Cup 2s definitely respond better in turns.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just swapped out the pilot sport cup 2s after a thousand miles to Michelin pilot super sport 305/35/19. I'm liking the extra .5 inch of ground clearance and a less jarring ride. The Cup 2s definitely respond better in turns.
wore out or what was the reason for the change?

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
wore out or what was the reason for the change?
Nah brother, tires are still pretty much brand new haha. The car is a daily so i wanted a little more ground clearance and supple ride. The 305/35/19 super sports have accomplished both!

Sponsored

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Do the 35s fit up front without issue when you go full lock on turns?

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Do the 35s fit up front without issue when you go full lock on turns?
This was my concern, too. I did a little research on 6G and found some guys that have swapped with no issues. I haven't experienced any rubbing in the front so far. There's a member that has a lowered pp2 with 305/35/19 so i think we're good.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I watched this and sorta had to agree with some of the criticisms, especially the "gutless after third gear".

So I had to drive mine today to ease my mind. I feel much better now. I think he's full of excrement.

Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I watched this and sorta had to agree with some of the criticisms, especially the "gutless after third gear".

So I had to drive mine today to ease my mind. I feel much better now. I think he's full of excrement.
Okay, after watching this video, I feel necessary to expand on a few things the host mentioned. To be honest with everyone, I work for a Ford dealership and come from a Porsche race / track background since 1996. When I first discovered this car and researched the car I made a decision to order one and lease it through Ford. That is one advantage over having a Shelby, you can finance and lease at subvented rates and then buy it out at the end if you wish.
After the car arrived I got a Full Tilt Boogie rear end cooling system installed, a track alignment and after breaking it in I replaced all fluids with Motul. I also got PP1 wheels from Ford Performance and put Michelin AS 3 Plus tires on them for my daily driving and use the Cup 2's for the track. These tires are really good in the rain. I also went back to Ford Performance for two Borla sport mufflers to replace the stock mufflers.
I have been on the track with Porsche, BMW , Mercede, Mclaren, Shelby GT 350, Camaro L1E and lots of others. The PP2 goes up against most performance cars very well and is only eclipsed by race cars and track prepared GT3's and some cars running slicks. It is more of a track oriented car than a street car and really shines on tight tracks with it's torque but opens up very well on a 5 KM per lap track like Area 27. This host has not spent much time in the PP2 and does not know it's strengths and I personally feel his car knowledge is suspect.
For a street car, this is a very capable track car, and unless you want to tow a race car with a truck, save the Porsche money and get one of these PP2's, you will have incredible fun on both the street and track.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Okay, after watching this video, I feel necessary to expand on a few things the host mentioned. To be honest with everyone, I work for a Ford dealership and come from a Porsche race / track background since 1996. When I first discovered this car and researched the car I made a decision to order one and lease it through Ford. That is one advantage over having a Shelby, you can finance and lease at subvented rates and then buy it out at the end if you wish.
After the car arrived I got a Full Tilt Boogie rear end cooling system installed, a track alignment and after breaking it in I replaced all fluids with Motul. I also got PP1 wheels from Ford Performance and put Michelin AS 3 Plus tires on them for my daily driving and use the Cup 2's for the track. These tires are really good in the rain. I also went back to Ford Performance for two Borla sport mufflers to replace the stock mufflers.
I have been on the track with Porsche, BMW , Mercede, Mclaren, Shelby GT 350, Camaro L1E and lots of others. The PP2 goes up against most performance cars very well and is only eclipsed by race cars and track prepared GT3's and some cars running slicks. It is more of a track oriented car than a street car and really shines on tight tracks with it's torque but opens up very well on a 5 KM per lap track like Area 27. This host has not spent much time in the PP2 and does not know it's strengths and I personally feel his car knowledge is suspect.
For a street car, this is a very capable track car, and unless you want to tow a race car with a truck, save the Porsche money and get one of these PP2's, you will have incredible fun on both the street and track.
Good info...thank you. Regarding the diff cooler: what brand diff cooler does for use on the Shelby? Possible toinstall on our PPL2 cars?

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Good info...thank you. Regarding the diff cooler: what brand diff cooler does for use on the Shelby? Possible toinstall on our PPL2 cars?
I looked into the Shelby diff cooler and I couldn't buy it as whole unit, only part by part, and with all the parts added up, it cost more than the Full Tilt Boogie cooler. I don't think it is as good as the Full Tilt Boogie and does not have a radiator with an electric cooling fan.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I looked into the Shelby diff cooler and I couldn't buy it as whole unit, only part by part, and with all the parts added up, it cost more than the Full Tilt Boogie cooler. I don't think it is as good as the Full Tilt Boogie and does not have a radiator with an electric cooling fan.
how would you rate the difficulty level to install the full tilt boogie unit do-it-yourselfer or shop only?

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and another thing, when on track, put the car in Track Only mode. The remapping of the engine and the stiffness of the Magnaride transforms this car into a totally different animal and becomes very stable and fast. The host of this video mentioned the small rear spoiler without mentioning that an engineer from NASA designed the aerodynamics of this car and I actually find the faster you go, the more stable it is. My shop here at the dealer had to replace the PCM and when Dave pulled the programming out of the faulty PCM to reload in the new one, he found a deep embedded performance program that he could not see prior to downloading it. You guys do not have a normal Mustang, it is something very special that Ford doesn't even talk about, presumably to keep from offending Shelby owners.
Sponsored