Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
MUSTANG. Homogenized.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Can’t sustain itself ?? Why on earth do you think the most iconic , well known car on the face of the planet, couldn’t sustain itself ? I’m dumbfounded. Lower production numbers if they feel they won’t sell them all. And for gods sake don’t ruin the poor things image by building this travesty
I’m dumbfounded.
Don't be, Henry's right. Mustang was 3.31% of total sales in 2018. This is a pimple on an elephants butt. If they stopped making our Mustangs tomorrow is would not mean a darn thing to Ford as a corporation.

Attachments

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I hear you but I was referring not just to the cars but to our heritage. If anyone looks at the Mach-E and then doubts our credibility and/or image that's on them. I always taught my kids "What other people think about me is none of my business". Holds true for my Mustang as well.
LOL if only humans were built that way. If everyone was living in solitude you would be right, however most people do care and want to know what someone else is thinking especially if that person is thinking about you. The real trick is what you do with it. Just watch the news then come back and let me know that people don't care about what others think or do. it might make the world simpler if you were right, but a lot more dull I think.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The choices on this poll aren't the best. I chose "Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang Coupe" because it sounds the most negative. I don't want this if you call it a Mustang. If it was called something else and I thought an electric SUV was the right purchase then yeah, no problem, I'd consider it.
Yeah, I was trying to get a sense of how this is going to impact sales of the S550 version. Unfortunately the poll feature limits the length of the question so it was hard to word it to make that clear. I tried to clarify it in the wording of the options but I can see where it may not be clear. I included a balanced set of options to be fair but I can't say that I understand why naming an SUV "Mustang" makes anyone more likely to buy an S550.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately our current govt does not believe or want clean cars.
I don't know about that. The rest of us 150 million tax payers were robbed at gun point (IRS) to the tune of 9 billion. As a result there are 1.2M EV cars on the roads as opposed to ??? if there were no outright subsidy. 1.2M/(17M * 8.5yrs) units sold pencils out to 0.8% of all cars sold in the USA since 2010 are of the EV persuasion. EV is going to save the planet? HA! The numbers are a freaking joke!

source: https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/federal-ev-tax-credit-phase-out-tracker-by-automaker/

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I voted "slightly less likely" but I don't mean because I'd buy an E, I mean because I'd be less likely to buy Ford at all.

Between this and them killing their cars Ford has gone from my favorite brand and one I'd buy with no question, to one that I don't feel I'll be buying again when it's time for a new vehicle.
My thoughts exactly.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
There will be some people that will finally buy a "Mustang" now that it is electric. So many tree huggers that hate gas guzzlers and think that the GG tax ought to be higher because we are ruining their planet. Plus the GT-E is actually faster than the GT350 with zero emissions and no engines blowing up.

Sad, but that is what people that don't know about cars will see and applaud.
The sad thing is that EV's are not zero emission and you really think none of the electric motors will go bad? Yet to be seen if they are more fun than a GT350. My money is on no it is not. No doubt the EV crowd will like it as they have very few models to choose from. I will laugh in the face of anyone I see that owns one especially if they think ICE cars are the bane of the environment. If they were serious about the environment, they would get all of civilization to go back the way it was about 700-800 years ago, but that crowd needs their Starbucks, so the planet is doomed.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I bought more shares today because I’m expecting a rally next week - the opinions here represent very little of the typical target market for that car.
Sorry to hear that.

I sold all my Ford shares years ago for $14/each.

Good luck hitting that again. A fugly Mustang-esque SUV is not going to get it there.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I don't know about that. The rest of us 150 million tax payers were robbed at gun point (IRS) to the tune of 9 billion. As a result there are 1.2M EV cars on the roads as opposed to ??? if there were no outright subsidy. 1.2M/(17M * 8.5yrs) units sold pencils out to 0.8% of all cars sold in the USA since 2010 are of the EV persuasion. EV is going to save the planet? HA! The numbers are a freaking joke!

source: https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/federal-ev-tax-credit-phase-out-tracker-by-automaker/
So true.....but wait it may actually come true about 2090. Too bad none of us will be around when it is proclaimed that our planet is safe and all due to EV's. Not!

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Funny how many folks are saying ford can do what they want, stop whining and suck it up.
Well you are correct, Ford can do what they want. But might be a mistake to piss off millions of loyal followers.
But I don't have to suck it up, I have spent a life time of passion over the Mustangs, I have the right to pissed off.

I can vote with my wallet also. I not only buy and support Mustangs, I am on many forums doing what.
Supporting Mustangs, hmmmm. I also buy Ford trucks for my work as I am a Ford guy.

What idiot decided to go all in ( not world series of poker here) on the brand Mustang?
Bill Ford, well if true, he could pay when share holders are pissed, because they destroyed the Mustang legacy, heritage
and history. It will take a couple years to see where this truly goes and what it means.

I think most of us know EV are coming, whether us old gear heads want them or not.
Ok, I get it and let them come, but for all that is still right in the car world, don't call that crap
a Mustang. I am so stubborn, that if the day comes I have but little choice to buy one, It will not be
a Mustang, hmmmm did Ford lose a potential Mustang owner to another brand because of a stupid
decision, my suggestion is yes and I suspect I won't be alone.

Today I even considered selling my Ford stock ( relax I don't enough to pay the coffee bill at most dealers LOL)

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Signed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The mod suppliers are going to have to be creative. No more X pipe or H pipe or cat backs. How about black dual tip rear speakers that can have custom sounds!. Imagine a track day for just Mach E cars. It would sound like a mime track meet.:facepalm: Even better, a Mach E drag race! What would it sound like? :question:
Sponsored