Sponsored

Build and Negotiations? Answers please...

Alex2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I'm planning to purchase in summer of 2020 a 2020MY Bullitt. I have researched excessively on this vehicle for the last year. I told my friend the plan who is a salesman at the dealership. He has been helpful letting me drive the car, etc. I told I plan to order on 1/31/2020 with Barry who does the ordering. It takes around 4 months I have found out through helpful information from this group. I told him when the car is delivered in early June we can then make the negotiations. I asked him also to let management know of my plans. He said he will let them know and said,

"...but price negotiations are done before you do a build. If you don't agree to the numbers, they won't build it. All that has to be done prior to the ordering."

Folks, can anyone tell me if this is the case? That does not seem right? I have never heard of that?

So basically what is being told to me is at time of build in January you price negotiate maybe slightly below MSRP and make the deal. The dealership gets the build for you. When it comes delivered 4-5 months later. You pay the previously negotiated price and shake hands and you are on your way with your new beautiful vehicle.

BS!

What happens when it is delivered 5 months later and the fair market purchase price drops down lower? The customer paid too much in the negotiation price at build 5 months earlier. Shouldn't you be able to negotiate the price at time of delivery? Isn't this the reason for the deposit? I thought the dealership can't make you negotiate cost at time of build. This seems to be wrong? There is no loss for the dealership if you back out because of the deposit. Sure the dealership has to now sell the car.

So, If anyone can tell me the process of negotiations and how it works. Is this the case for what my dealership friend said?

Thank you...

Brady
Hi,
I ordered my 2020 Mustang GT back on June 18 without any deposit. I sent a filled out order form and my salesman passed on the order to Ford. They told me the price would be negociated at the time of delivery since they didn't even have the 2020 prices yet. I got a confirmation of the order 2 weeks later and the VIN on Sept 3 (that was a long wait...!). My car was built on Sept 5 and I'm getting it next week, I got pictures of her 3 days ago. Price negos were done over the phone with my salesman. Got a good deal and most important, a car that is exactly like I wanted it:
2020 GT
6 speed
Twister orange
PP1
Active exhaust
Spoiler delete

Alex
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There are quite a few Bullitts rotting on showrooms and around here all are 6K under MSRP.

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
I bet there will still be 2019's in showrooms on 1/31/20. Its hasn't been a real popular special edition, especially in black (what were they thinking??).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I bet there will still be 2019's in showrooms on 1/31/20. Its hasn't been a real popular special edition, especially in black (what were they thinking??).
Most likely. On Cars.com right now. 931 cars. 234 black and 697 DHG.

Sponsored

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
+1 On the price negotiations prior to order being placed. You want a custom car you pay the custom car luxury price.
Sponsored