Sponsored

Build and Negotiations? Answers please...

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
August 2019 ....Per Ford dot com There are 20 new 2019 bullitts black & green available in my market place. Some with build dates as far back as of 2018
Limited edition yes...high retail demand is uncertain
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Point #3. So, Ford has to get allocations in order for me to order? Please explain?
Each dealer is "allocated" a certain number of cars of specific types by Ford, based upon the dealership's sales history. A dealer can only sell as many of a model as he is allocated. Even if he has buyers for 3 Bullitts, if he only has one Bullitt allocation, he can only guarantee the sale to one person, although he can try to get more.

Case in point was my GT. One dealer I spoke to had no more Mustang allocations, and waved off even trying to take my order. Another had an allocation, but wouldn't budge on price. The dealer I went with didn't have an allocation, thought he could get one in a week, and negotiated a price. He then got the allocation and was able to order the car.

After you pre-negotiate the price, you can still renegotiate when delivered?
You can try, but you are unlikely to be successful at that point.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Honestly I doubt dealers are going to be taking orders on 2020 Bullitt’s. Why should they? As mentioned before there only a handful of option combinations. I just looked at cars.com and there are over 742 DHG Bullitt’s listed. Didn’t bother looking at black. I went to my dealer today to have my dual horns installed and they still have 2 Bullitt’s on the floor. One of them is the car I test drove back in December 2018. My guess is there will be plenty of availability when you are ready to buy.

Last edited:

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Generally no secondary negotiation at delivery UNLESS like me something goes off the rails at delivery, then you can leverage the situation to try and get more money or other incentives. I am not sure putting your self through the order process is really worth it for a Bullet. Odds are you can find one somewhere on someone's lot and your always going to get a better deal on something thats sitting vs a special order.

Sponsored

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
I have always wanted a Bullitt. 2020 is the last year and possibly the last year for the Bullitt run ever? I'm also saving paying cash and no loan or debt. I will be at the $50,000.00 mark in May.
why wait. il sell you my 19 with 900 miles for 45000.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I'm planning to purchase in summer of 2020 a 2020MY Bullitt. I have researched excessively on this vehicle for the last year. I told my friend the plan who is a salesman at the dealership. He has been helpful letting me drive the car, etc. I told I plan to order on 1/31/2020 with Barry who does the ordering. It takes around 4 months I have found out through helpful information from this group. I told him when the car is delivered in early June we can then make the negotiations. I asked him also to let management know of my plans. He said he will let them know and said,

"...but price negotiations are done before you do a build. If you don't agree to the numbers, they won't build it. All that has to be done prior to the ordering."

Folks, can anyone tell me if this is the case? That does not seem right? I have never heard of that?

So basically what is being told to me is at time of build in January you price negotiate maybe slightly below MSRP and make the deal. The dealership gets the build for you. When it comes delivered 4-5 months later. You pay the previously negotiated price and shake hands and you are on your way with your new beautiful vehicle.

BS!

What happens when it is delivered 5 months later and the fair market purchase price drops down lower? The customer paid too much in the negotiation price at build 5 months earlier. Shouldn't you be able to negotiate the price at time of delivery? Isn't this the reason for the deposit? I thought the dealership can't make you negotiate cost at time of build. This seems to be wrong? There is no loss for the dealership if you back out because of the deposit. Sure the dealership has to now sell the car.

So, If anyone can tell me the process of negotiations and how it works. Is this the case for what my dealership friend said?

Thank you...

Brady
I take it you have never ordered a car before? If you want them to build the car the way YOU want it. YOU have to negotiate the price when you order the car. Otherwise if you back out of the deal the dealer is left with a car that was built for YOU and not someone else. If you want to negotiate the price after it is built you will have to find one on the showroom or lot.

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
I take it you have never ordered a car before? If you want them to build the car the way YOU want it. YOU have to negotiate the price when you order the car. Otherwise if you back out of the deal the dealer is left with a car that was built for YOU and not someone else. If you want to negotiate the price after it is built you will have to find one on the showroom or lot.
I think there is only 4 option an a bullitt . I have 3

Sponsored

diverkr46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 2500, 2017 Subaru WRX
Apples to oranges. I ordered my 2016 RAM. Dealer gave me a price of $500 below invoice (which was $5000 less than MSRP) at time of order with $500 deposit only. Deal ended up being $5000 off the sticker when I ordered plus $4000 in rebates at time of delivery.

The negotiation was “we will order whatever you want and sell it to you at $500 below invoice plus any incentives at time of delivery”. Easiest vehicle I ever bought!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm not really understanding why anyone would want to order without a negotiated price. That puts you in a worse bargaining position when the car arrives. Buying off a lot, a dealer knows you don't have any time invested and maybe very little thought. The dealer has to convince you you need that car and need it now. They have to guess about your actual needs or wants. If you order a car, they know you want that exact car and know its not on some lot because you would have bought it if it was. They also know you have an emotional investment for the weeks it took to build and deliver the car to the dealer. The only way you could come out ahead negotiating at time of delivery is if the dealer is selling other cars at a loss due to market conditions when the car arrives. Only an idiot dealer would order a car knowing he could potentially lose money on it.
Sponsored