Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
https://www.amazon.com/10498-PAIR-Equipment-10498-Capacity-Stands/dp/B01J5ZB8K6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529502242&sr=8-1&keywords=esco+jack+stands+10498

These are the best jack stands I have ever come across. Definitely a buy once, cry once purchase. They're tall, use a flat rubber pad at the top, have a super stable base, and are good for 6,000 pounds each.
I have these as well and they are awesome. I bought them for a total of $150 from some random tool website a couple years ago. Thought I made a mistake after I ordered because looking around made the deal too good to be true. A week later they showed up.

Found the site...looks like they are $200 for 4 right now.

https://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool-warehouse/ESC-10498.html

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Those are nice... pricey but very nice

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
This is literally all you need to jack off in mere minutes. I didn't even break a sweat jacking off all 4 wheels today while doing pads. I wish I discovered these Clutch & Hammer impact guns years ago. Such brilliant design while only requiring your standard 12v socket.
upload_2019-9-20_5-32-49.png
upload_2019-9-20_5-33-12.png
upload_2019-9-20_5-33-36.png

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Any "How To" threads for jacking the stang up and putting in on jack stands? I understand how to do it, but watching a short video on it being done always seems to help.
My method will vary from others because I don’t have (or want) jacking rails.
1. Using the proper location on the rail, jack one side at the front to the minimum height of your jack stand.
2. Repeat for opposite side but go a little higher.
3. Return to side 1 and repeat repeat repeat, bringing the car up relatively evenly.
This is important because you don’t want to be putting side loads on the pinch welds.
4. Once the front is at the required height, place jack under diff and lift, placing stands at Fords preferred locations.
5. Double triple check everything when done and give the car a nudge or two. I lost a guy I knew after his car fell on him. That shit will (SHOULD) haunt you every time you climb under a car supported on stands.
6. Stay safe!

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Except Ford explicitly says to not lift using the diff...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Except Ford explicitly says to not lift using the diff...
Ford also recommend that you use their motor oil and only OEM parts...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah - but the diff recommendation actually makes sense...
Why? The diff can withstand high rpm launches at the strip....
How do you think you’re going to hurt it by supporting the weight of the rear of the car from underneath it?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Why? The diff can withstand high rpm launches at the strip....
How do you think you’re going to hurt it by supporting the weight of the rear of the car from underneath it?
On a manual car (cast iron diff) I'm with you. I wouldn't personally try it more than once or twice with an aluminum diff.
But that's just me.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How long are you going to keep it?

The thing about hydraulic jacks is how long the seals last. The cheaper jacks seem to spring leaks a lot sooner than the more expensive units. That is the biggest issue I've seen when comparing units. The next issue is how well made the handle is. The cheaper units have flimsy handles that are hard to turn or come apart. My advice is not to scrimp on the jack or the stands. Heavy is often good and lasts a lot longer. I have a 2.5 ton unit I bought in the early 80's I have used it since then on all my cars and trucks. I have never had to add oil to it. It's heavy as hell, steel casters, and the side plates are .25" steel.
I have a blue low-profile Arcan jack I think I bought in the early 90's when I needed a low profile jack to fit under my Fiero GT. Like you said, it's big, dumb, and heavy. I topped off the oil for the first time earlier this year. For me, I don't really want a lightweight aluminum Jack - I want something heavy.

I now have a quickjack, but I'm keeping the Arcan for times when I need to jack up the transmission (etc.)
Sponsored