Sponsored

Jack Stands

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Installing Steeda Jacking Rails...Jack stands on the actual rails or elsewhere?
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Installing Steeda Jacking Rails...Jack stands on the actual rails or elsewhere?
Sorry, I'm not sure I know what you are asking. To install the jacking rails or after you install the jacking rails?

You can install the rails while the car is on the ground. If you need a little room, use wheel ramps.

After installing jacking rails, use the floor jack towards the middle of the jacking rail and put jack stands at the very front and very back of the rails depending on what you are working on.

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
That's what I meant was where to put the stands...on the actual rails or on the pinch welds or elsewhere?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The whole purpose of jacking rails is to not have to jack the car, or put the stands on the pinch welds. It's in the product description.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
That's what I meant was where to put the stands...on the actual rails or on the pinch welds or elsewhere?
Oh, gotcha. Yes, you would use the floor jack and jack stands solely on the jacking rails. In order to keep them looking good, use a hockey puck or cardboard or something between the jacking rails and the floor jack/jackstands.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I jack the car up using the rails then place the car gently on stands at the designated spots on the pinch welds. No issues doing it this way.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
This isn't hard.

From Steeda's product web page.

"These allow you to jack up your Mustang with confidence anywhere along the jacking rail, preventing damage to your factory pinch welds. They provide a great point for jack stands and 2 post lifts."

From BMR's product web page.

"BMR’s Chassis Jacking Rails are designed to give you a rock-solid jacking or jack stand point for your 2015-newer Mustang. This ensures the pinch welds and floor of the car don’t get damaged from lifting the car....Once installed, the jacking rail adds reinforced locations for jacking the car, jack stands, or racking the car on a two-post lift."

If you have jacking rails for God's sake don't use the pinch welds. Also, don't waste your time with hockey pucks, cardboard or anything else to keep the rails looking good. The first time you scrap them on a tall speed bump will completely negate your efforts.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Also, don't waste your time with hockey pucks, cardboard or anything else to keep the rails looking good. The first time you scrap them on a tall speed bump will completely negate your efforts.
Good tip. That way I won't need to stop and put cardboard over tall speed bumps.
Sponsored