Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
There’s a video on here of a 2018 A10 with Roush kit going 10.88 on a non-prepped track with their latest tune. Other guys with the same setup are reporting the same. MT82 no you won’t get high 10’s on any base setup with canned tune. And you can have R rated tires to handle the power without voiding the warranty
Good to know. My car is an A10. Roush has provided some updates to their kit so maybe that is a good safe and powerful way to go.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Good to know. My car is an A10. Roush has provided some updates to their kit so maybe that is a good safe and powerful way to go.
My only other question on the Roush kit is the heat exchanger/intercooler. I heard it was undersized and would heat soak quickly. Is that still an issue?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My only other question on the Roush kit is the heat exchanger/intercooler. I heard it was undersized and would heat soak quickly. Is that still an issue?
The claim their newest tune and LTR address high IAT2 temps and the resulting heat soak. Not sure how that could be with the design of the intercooler (unless they changed that also on newer models without saying) but I'm happy they are making changes. Threads like this I'm sure help push companies like Edlebrock or Roush to address their issues.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Perhaps we have a different definition of stickies. lol I used to run ET Streets on my 94.
If it has a DOT rating like Mickey Thompson Street ET SS like I've used that's my definition of a street tire. Yours?

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it has a DOT rating like Mickey Thompson Street ET SS like I've used that's my definition of a street tire. Yours?
My definition of a street tire? Something I can leave on the car 100% of the time. Drive it 300+ miles and not have bald tires from the heat alone. Also something I wouldn't be scared to drive in the rain.

Sponsored

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Paul your car has the potential. She's upset for some reason. You will find the culprit and she will move out like a shop lifter on black Friday.
Sure hope so. I know the 93 tune feels a lot better.

Question for you guys: When I make the dyno video, I'm going to try to keep the video as short as possible. However, do you think it's worth doing a final pull loaded back on the 91 tune to see what it was putting down on it's first trip to the track? I'm kinda curious myself what the HP and curve difference is between the two tunes they provide. Wasn't sure if you all are curious as well, or if it's a waste of time.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sure hope so. I know the 93 tune feels a lot better.

Question for you guys: When I make the dyno video, I'm going to try to keep the video as short as possible. However, do you think it's worth doing a final pull loaded back on the 91 tune to see what it was putting down on it's first trip to the track? I'm kinda curious myself what the HP and curve difference is between the two tunes they provide. Wasn't sure if you all are curious as well, or if it's a waste of time.
yeah that would be a good test for sure. Also, I'm curious what your weight is now. Have you had it weighed? Mine weight 3994 after I had my kit installed.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
yeah that would be a good test for sure. Also, I'm curious what your weight is now. Have you had it weighed? Mine weight 3994 after I had my kit installed.
I have not. I'll see if the dyno shop has a scale I can use.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I would consider any street legal tire to be acceptable from a warranty perspective. I plan to run Nitto NT05R in the summer and my original equipment tires/wheels in the colder weather. If the Nittos won't hold it, I also have some Mickey ET street R's. All are street legal.

I like the idea of the Roush kit due to it being associated with Ford. If the revisions have improved performance and resolved heat issues, it should be as good as any stage 1 kit. I saw the video of a Roush car running 10s but I think it was done by actual Roush people and not just a Joe Schmo like me. That made me slightly suspicious.

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
interested in the 91 tune #'s foir sure...thats all we get in cA

Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Out of curiosity what all is different between the stage 1 and 2?

Boost difference?

injectors, BAP,TB and intake?

Will the stage 2 fuel set up handle E-85. I don't think it will so I would have to go with a different set up down the line.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There's a few guys who have gone 10.80 to 10.90 on a dr with the Roush kit

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Out of curiosity what all is different between the stage 1 and 2?

Boost difference?

injectors, BAP,TB and intake?

Will the stage 2 fuel set up handle E-85. I don't think it will so I would have to go with a different set up down the line.
The things you mentioned plus the throttle body and 8 rib upgrade. I'm 90% sure the Edelbrock rep also stated the tune for the autos has a more aggressive shift strategy. (Too lazy to dig in and check)

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The things you mentioned plus the throttle body and 8 rib upgrade. I'm 90% sure the Edelbrock rep also stated the tune for the autos has a more aggressive shift strategy. (Too lazy to dig in and check)

I don’t believe the Edelbrock Stage II will handle E85 in kit form, it will need a fuel system and E85 tune

Whipple is working in a Gen 6 Stage 3 kit, that will be 50 state legal and have a fuel system and a tune to work in E85.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I don’t believe the Edelbrock Stage II will handle E85 in kit form, it will need a fuel system and E85 tune

Whipple is working in a Gen 6 Stage 3 kit, that will be 50 state legal and have a fuel system and a tune to work in E85.
It definitely will not handle E85. A fuel system will be required for E85.
Whipple has been saying that since the Gen 5s first released. I'm not saying it won't happen but it stinks for the people who got the Gen 5 expecting it "coming soon" only to be skipped for the Gen 6. I was almost one of those people and I would have been pissed.
Sponsored