GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Companies and corporations don't care about correct or ethical just about profit everything else is secondary or expectable risk
A company is not an entity and it shouldn't be personified. The people that run companies absolutely do have ethics - some good some poor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I do not know if this is true or not I was at a car show Sunday and talked to a guy that is the service manager at a Chevy dealer and has owned a bunch of vettes. Somehow he said got to drive a C8 at a corporate thing for Chevy people. He currently has a C7 Z06 and he said the C8 felt easily as fast. What interested me is that I did not buy a C7 because my knees hit the dash, he is 6' 4" and told me he fit with no problem. He could be totally full of crap but he did give me his card and he was a service manager and he did have a Z06 at the show. Not sure if he drove the C8 or was a passenger.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Youtuber LethalCamaro is a big dude 6'5" or something - got to sit in the C8 at his dealer. Said he also had the dash issue with the C7, but plenty of room in the C8. There's a vid up on his channel.

Lot more freedom with the dash / footwells when you don't have to accommodate a V8 stuffed between the front wheels and passenger compartment.

Davefzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I do not know if this is true or not I was at a car show Sunday and talked to a guy that is the service manager at a Chevy dealer and has owned a bunch of vettes. Somehow he said got to drive a C8 at a corporate thing for Chevy people. He currently has a C7 Z06 and he said the C8 felt easily as fast. What interested me is that I did not buy a C7 because my knees hit the dash, he is 6' 4" and told me he fit with no problem. He could be totally full of crap but he did give me his card and he was a service manager and he did have a Z06 at the show. Not sure if he drove the C8 or was a passenger.
I can confirm this is true. This event happened within the last two weeks which allowed current owners a chance to ride in the C8. A friend of mine at work purchased a ss1le and had them install an lt4 engine in it.

Being from Southern California they took a ride up the 2 (Angeles Crest) for about a 30 minute ride. He was only a passenger in the car but indicated that the performance was stellar and the car handled amazingly well. The car was equipped with the z51 package and magnaride.

LMS5400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Mustang owner!
I have kids, I want the extra 2 seats. 0-60 in 4.0s is fast enough for me.

Sponsored

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
I have a feeling the high end GT's are going to be in trouble with this car. It may have a base model with only 490HP, but the car is extremely lightweight compared to a Coyote Mustang of any flavor (I heard sub 3,500lbs), and has a 0-60 that will make the GT350 look like a freight train. Also, you can bet the new C8 base will probably give the GT500 a real hard time on the track, simply because of it's obvious increase in handling. Mid engined cars are no joke. Just look at how the Cayman does against cars that have 200HP more. Those C8 test vids at Nurburgring were just a taste. That's where it will shine. Most C7's like the Z06 can probably give a GT500 a run for its money on a track. For the money, the C8 will make a joke out of it.

Take a base C8, and strap on a blower. Nothing Ford has will touch it, unless you go full on GT for $400g's.

Until you pop those tight GM rings...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Until you pop those tight GM rings...
LOL.

I'm sure the new "LT2" has some of those issues fixed. (cough...b&llsh!t....cough)
Interesting comments considering the whole BBQ tick, bore scoring and Voodoo oil consumption issues. None of those has been fixed. The C8 is gonna be a great car. So is GT500. Sitting back hoping for one to fail won’t make the other any better.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting comments considering the whole BBQ tick, bore scoring and Voodoo oil consumption issues. None of those has been fixed. The C8 is gonna be a great car. So is GT500. Sitting back hoping for one to fail won’t make the other any better.
I hope they both succeed we are in the last days of the true sports cars soon EV's will take over. Sure EVs can accelerate fast and can things better than ICE cars but it won't be the same. Nothing compares to the rumble of the gas engine and the feel of brute strength as you push the gas peddle down and lightem as you pull away.

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
You mean the completely normal tick that all the internet trolls hyped up ? Bore scoring ? On what? 2 first year motors out thousands of perfect ones ? That were covered under Fords warranty ? Oil consumption issues on a 8500rpm hand built performance engine ? Really tho ? Our comments are out of line ? Give me a break

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Agreed^^ Youtube clickbait douchebags blow that wayyy out of whack.

Gee what about OMGMT82fails or OMGyoullblowyourOPGs!!!

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I’m not hating on GM. They can make a fine car. It is true, though, that the LT1 in the current c7 and gen 6 camaros do not like boost. I’ll leave that here ...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
You mean the completely normal tick that all the internet trolls hyped up ? Bore scoring ? On what? 2 first year motors out thousands of perfect ones ? That were covered under Fords warranty ? Oil consumption issues on a 8500rpm hand built performance engine ? Really tho ? Our comments are out of line ? Give me a break
I guess these guys got caught up in the internet troll hype, then...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-mustang-gt-“typewriter-tick-rattle-”.126669/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sad-day-indeed.110571/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/afraid-of-the-2018-gt-buy-now-or-no.107996/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rried-about-all-these-engine-failures.106111/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2017-gt350-engine-toast-buy-back-process.128214/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-engine-being-replaced-under-warranty.127573/

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I recently bought an 02 Z06. The garage I keep it in is a prefab with wooden floors and walls so basically a large speaker box. The first time I started the car in the garage cold I panicked when I heard this horrible ticking coming from under the hood. I felt sick and started calling all around the country to the C5 gurus. I now know that the LS6 has piston slap and it is normal it does go away after about 5 minutes and I am told it does not hurt anything. I believe it is also what the 350's are supposed to have not sure. In my talking to the C5 guys there really is not an issue with oil consumption or engine failure. There is another issue with bad valve springs that are fairly easy to replace. I will do that this winter to be sure, but a simple search will show that there have been a fair number of engine failures in the 350's and from what I can see Ford has taken care of them but to deny the issue seems silly. I guess I can live a 17 year old car with piston slap but it is ironic to tout the greatness of a high revving hand built performance engine. I would think these would be the very engines with the best performance and reliability. I believe the terminator engines were built similarly and I don't remember any issues with them in fact they are sought after today and still bring a premium. The mass produced coyote does not suffer the same issues as the hand built voo doo. I started this thread and it is amazing how when some one does not agree with a post it very quickly deteriorates to name calling and personal attacks. In contrast now that I have a vette again I have asked a few questions on the vette forums and read through threads never really see this there. I am and will always be a Mustang first guy but the vette world is definitely much more cohesive " all for one,one for all" kind of group. Even down to the Corvette wave that I was doing back in the 70's and continues today. The Mustang crowd seems way more divided and everyone trying to out do the other. Maybe it has to do with the age of the vette owners. Well now I am ready to be called a "retard" and a "dick bag". It's OK it makes me feel like I'm back in junior high again.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I recently bought an 02 Z06. The garage I keep it in is a prefab with wooden floors and walls so basically a large speaker box. The first time I started the car in the garage cold I panicked when I heard this horrible ticking coming from under the hood. I felt sick and started calling all around the country to the C5 gurus. I now know that the LS6 has piston slap and it is normal it does go away after about 5 minutes and I am told it does not hurt anything. I believe it is also what the 350's are supposed to have not sure. In my talking to the C5 guys there really is not an issue with oil consumption or engine failure. There is another issue with bad valve springs that are fairly easy to replace. I will do that this winter to be sure, but a simple search will show that there have been a fair number of engine failures in the 350's and from what I can see Ford has taken care of them but to deny the issue seems silly. I guess I can live a 17 year old car with piston slap but it is ironic to tout the greatness of a high revving hand built performance engine. I would think these would be the very engines with the best performance and reliability. I believe the terminator engines were built similarly and I don't remember any issues with them in fact they are sought after today and still bring a premium. The mass produced coyote does not suffer the same issues as the hand built voo doo. I started this thread and it is amazing how when some one does not agree with a post it very quickly deteriorates to name calling and personal attacks. In contrast now that I have a vette again I have asked a few questions on the vette forums and read through threads never really see this there. I am and will always be a Mustang first guy but the vette world is definitely much more cohesive " all for one,one for all" kind of group. Even down to the Corvette wave that I was doing back in the 70's and continues today. The Mustang crowd seems way more divided and everyone trying to out do the other. Maybe it has to do with the age of the vette owners. Well now I am ready to be called a "retard" and a "dick bag". It's OK it makes me feel like I'm back in junior high again.
Troll, lol!! Joking of course.

That was a very reasonable response. What gets me is that this thread is about the GT350 against the C8. So it is not trolling to say you think the C8 will beat the GT350 or the GT500. Because the thread asks the question (figuratively). It would be trolling if someone went onto a GT350 or GT500 thread that had nothing to do with the C8 and started talking about how great the C8 is. So I don't think there has been any real trolling going on. I just think that some people have the mindset that if you are not 100% Ford then you are a troll. Anyway carry on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.