Sponsored

why did you sell your bullitt

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
lol, the kids all think their accomplishing something by driving a stick... Its so cute.
Stating what you find fun and engaging is very different than thinking something is an accomplishment. Driving stick is not hard, lol. It's fun.
Sponsored

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Oh now, I have driven Manuals for over 30 years. I bought an Automatic this go around. If you think the Automatic GT is bring you aint driving it right :) But then again I have a lot and I mean a lot of mountain twisting roads here. The Manuals got tedious more a job then fun. The Automatic is just so much better. But again it is where ya live and your roads. Here its either 2 hours to go 20 miles in traffic or then you have the 59 curves and hairpin turns in a single 3 mile stretch of road. Its fun at first but Driving a manual around here gets old fast. The Automatic has made the drive fun again. Now on open roads and meandering mountain passes yeah I like a good Manual. They both have their place.
This is very true. Different strokes for different folks. If I sat in bumper to bumper traffic constantly on my commutes I'm sure I'd feel very very differently about what kind of trans was in my car.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
This is very true. Different strokes for different folks. If I sat in bumper to bumper traffic constantly on my commutes I'm sure I'd feel very very differently about what kind of trans was in my car.
The manual transmission is super easy in heavy traffic too. Clutch pedal is light and you don't need to hit the gas at all, the car with auto throttle and then roll at 2-3 mph on its own. I usually do that and just cruise in the right lane in traffic with a good 3-4 car lengths in front of me. As a bonus, you get to see people lose their S and race by you to stop behind those cars in front of you. I prefer no stress driving and to let the rats race their race.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The manual transmission is super easy in heavy traffic too. Clutch pedal is light and you don't need to hit the gas at all, the car with auto throttle and then roll at 2-3 mph on its own. I usually do that and just cruise in the right lane in traffic with a good 3-4 car lengths in front of me. As a bonus, you get to see people lose their S and race by you to stop behind those cars in front of you. I prefer no stress driving and to let the rats race their race.
oh yeah. I love when you can do that. Unfortunately here its the go stop go stop go stop. If you try to do the leave a space so you can roll like that someone will just cut you off. You unfortunately spend more time stoped around here then moving :( and strangely weekends are worse with traffic stopped before 9 AM . Yeah im ready to move.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Exactly my story. Needed a new car to go back & forth from central NJ to NE Philly. 75 miles a day. My wife says “get something sporty”. This was 2015 so I tried the “new” Mustang. The EB Premium fit the bill perfectly. Two years later I retired and decided it was time for my 1st toy and most likely last V8. Really wanted a Bullitt but the manual killed that idea. After 51,000 trouble free miles I traded in Ruby and bought Cali. I love the V8, but there are days I really miss Ruby.
8336227A-F9F0-479A-9FB0-BCA5842A9EA6.jpeg
I wish I could find those wheels in 9 or 10 inch width.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
oh yeah. I love when you can do that. Unfortunately here its the go stop go stop go stop. If you try to do the leave a space so you can roll like that someone will just cut you off. You unfortunately spend more time stoped around here then moving :( and strangely weekends are worse with traffic stopped before 9 AM . Yeah im ready to move.
Oh yeah, you definitely feel like you're going backwards when you leave any kind of space in front of you anymore but I try to avoid rock chips and stress. But don't get me wrong, when the road is clear I am in a mustang after all so mach 5 is always attempted. And they just sound too good not to air them out. Where I'm at it's always the army base that slows everything down, even on weekends. Sunday night at 1:30am and still traffic on a 3-4 lane interstate freeway but only around post lol.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Man, after reading this thread, it seems a good many of you are hiding your sponsors, or Your entire mustang purchase revolves around ROI for race entry fee's, etc. Because: Faster!

Manuals are more enjoyable and rewarding to drive. Manuals are simply funner..!

Subsequently, I am not worried about what is fastest (I don't win trophies on the streets), and am not worried in how fast my car shifts gears, unless I choose exactly what gear that is. Why own a performance car, if you don't want to be integral cog in the machine, weaving the gears and clutch and whipping the horse around.

Automatics are a compromise. We all know this...

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Man, after reading this thread, it seems a good many of you are hiding your sponsors, or Your entire mustang purchase revolves around ROI for race entry fee's, etc. Because: Faster!

Manuals are more enjoyable and rewarding to drive. Manuals are simply funner..!

Subsequently, I am not worried about what is fastest (I don't win trophies on the streets), and am not worried in how fast my car shifts gears, unless I choose exactly what gear that is. Why own a performance car, if you don't want to be integral cog in the machine, weaving the gears and clutch and whipping the horse around.

Automatics are a compromise. We all know this...
I am on both sides of the argument. IM right with ya on Nothing beats a manual. But in todays world. Everything is so congested that manuals other then racing are becoming a chore. Every person I know who owned and drove manuals and sung their praises now drives an automatic. LOL. Myself included. No matter how we feel about manuals the truth is they are now down to only 2.8 percent of all automobile sales and keep falling each year and electrics have no transmission. so unfortunately manuals days are numbered. NO matter how much we few love them.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
With rev-match on the 2018+'s it certainly makes it a bit easier to drive around town or for the new manual driver. Obviously in city traffic it is going to suck.

I embrace all my poor starts from red lights and being passed by minivans on the 1-2 shift from most red lights.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am on both sides of the argument. IM right with ya on Nothing beats a manual. But in todays world. Everything is so congested that manuals other then racing are becoming a chore. Every person I know who owned and drove manuals and sung their praises now drives an automatic. LOL. Myself included. No matter how we feel about manuals the truth is they are now down to only 2.8 percent of all automobile sales and keep falling each year and electrics have no transmission. so unfortunately manuals days are numbered. NO matter how much we few love them.
Seeing people getting excited about having a stick shift reminds me of my first beer.

On a side note... I don't like beer anymore. I like bourbon.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Seeing people getting excited about having a stick shift reminds me of my first beer.

I a side note... I don't like beer anymore. I like bourbon.
So you're saying when Ford finally kills off the manual in the Mustang people won't miss it? We both know the manual and the V8 are on borrowed time.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Scotch man myself, but I do appreciate a good bourbon.
yeah Scotch is great but I like Cocktails like Old Fashions (actually Rye) done right so I've kind of gotten away from scotch lately.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I could only afford it. :frown:
upload_2019-9-4_17-10-57.png
I got 4 bottles of real 15 year Pappy Van Winkle back before the Pappy craze took hold for $60. They were covered in dust at some local liquor store. I drank 3 and gave one to my boss. He kept his. Sells now for $2000.
Sponsored