Sponsored

“0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds...”

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I've never seen a company drag it's feet for so long when releasing new products, from no specs from the GT, to no numbers on the 7.3 till after they went into production, to the perpetual Bronco nonsense, to this car. Annoying
Outside all the ugliness that has arisen, he does have a point here. There was indeed a time when leading up to a car's release manufacturers actually had an advertising push for said vehicle. That seems to be hit or miss nowadays. I know Ford knew that this car would move units automatically, but is there something wrong with people desiring to know just a little more on the performance specs before release? And especially when the release is only around 1 month away. Even as recent as the 2013 GT500, Ford did this. There was way more marketing around that car, and in all actuality it was a much less interesting car than the upcoming GT500 is. Maybe it's just a symptom of the sports car being an endangered species.
Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Outside all the ugliness that has arisen, he does have a point here. There was indeed a time when leading up to a car's release manufacturers actually had an advertising push for said vehicle. That seems to be hit or miss nowadays. I know Ford knew that this car would move units automatically, but is there something wrong with people desiring to know just a little more on the performance specs before release? And especially when the release is only around 1 month away. Even as recent as the 2013 GT500, Ford did this. There was way more marketing around that car, and in all actuality it was a much less interesting car than the upcoming GT500 is. Maybe it's just a symptom of the sports car being an endangered species.
MD you have seemed like a troll in some threads on this forum before but this message is actually relevant. Manufacturers seemed to do a lot more commercials etc in years past for specialty cars. Granted dodge still does. I don't watch a lot of cable TV anymore but I don't see chevy advertising camaros or corvettes on TV when I do watch. Dodge seems to be the only one really pushing their performance cars. Seems now days that performance cars are a niche market that they can just post on social media pages where the true enthusiasts are and sell the amount of vehicles they need to, to make a profit. Would it be cool to see the horse power wars on tv? of course. But does it make financial sense when the people that are going to buy these cars already know about them and are on the forums or on the social media pages that are promoting them?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Do you really need to advertise now a days? Every wanna be youtube super star. Will pitch a car for you. I don’t read automotive magazines anymore. If I want info. Most is readily available on YT or Facebook.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Do you really need to advertise now a days? Every wanna be youtube super star. Will pitch a car for you. I don’t read automotive magazines anymore. If I want info. Most is readily available on YT or Facebook.
There isn't necessarily a need. Just missing the old days a little. Ford has it's most powerful Mustang ever on the horizon. But there aren't any 0-60 numbers, no track times, no comparisons, no configurator, and no commercials. Just kinda miss the old days from the advertising aspect.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
MD you have seemed like a troll in some threads on this forum before but this message is actually relevant. Manufacturers seemed to do a lot more commercials etc in years past for specialty cars. Granted dodge still does. I don't watch a lot of cable TV anymore but I don't see chevy advertising camaros or corvettes on TV when I do watch. Dodge seems to be the only one really pushing their performance cars. Seems now days that performance cars are a niche market that they can just post on social media pages where the true enthusiasts are and sell the amount of vehicles they need to, to make a profit. Would it be cool to see the horse power wars on tv? of course. But does it make financial sense when the people that are going to buy these cars already know about them and are on the forums or on the social media pages that are promoting them?
Man, this trolling label gets thrown around mighty loosely nowadays. But I digress. It's all about the bottom line now. While I wish these guys would have a little more fun, I'll just be good if the big 3 can continue to make the cars we all know, love, and even debate about.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
The name of this game is patience. Everything from the HP release to dealership allocations and build dates now to tangible track performance numbers.
These cars will be in drivers hands shortly with real world data that we can all argue to pick apart.
Lets just try and get through 1 more month without too much hate and innee fighting.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The name of this game is patience. Everything from the HP release to dealership allocations and build dates now to tangible track performance numbers.
These cars will be in drivers hands shortly with real world data that we can all argue to pick apart.
Lets just try and get through 1 more month without too much hate and innee fighting.
As you so correctly mentioned the name of the game is patience with real world data of all sorts becoming available over the next couple of months.

The Ford Motor Company always has employed a totally different philosophy than GM or the Mopar gang when it comes to releasing performance numbers, track times and overall general information for their high performance launch models.

I would suggest that Ford's passion and excitement for all of their high performance cars starts directly with the Ford Family as they continue to be closely involved with all aspects of approving, launching and driving their newest HP vehicles with Mustang being right at the top of the list.

What other automotive manufacturer in the world still has their founding family involved in day to day decision making when it comes to the launching of their halo/high performance vehicles? None that I am aware of.

Dearborn always has and always will release information if and when they want to with respect to their halo/HP vehicles which is certainly a contrast to their competitors who can't provide information to the general public quick enough in order to hype the new model and future sales.

With respect to marketing the launch of the 2020 GT500 it doesn't take much understanding to realize that the new 4 seat and 2 seat 2020 GT500's don't require a great deal of marketing as pretty much any Ford dealership that has an allocation already has a list of individuals waiting in line to secure the most powerful and quickest Mustang of all time.

:)

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The bad thing about the information situation, is there are buyers who already have there scheduled dates and are basing there purchase on unverified information.
Ford can't even proofread there eSourceBook or Order Guide. Can someone tell me exactly what is in the CFTP or Handling Package? There is contradicting information about both options, supposedly the CFTP also includes a air/oil separator (catch can) and the Handling Package is said to have Adjustable Strut Top Mounts, neither are mentioned in the eSourceBook or Order Guide. And what about the almost total lack of information and pictures of the base car. How many Oxford White (non-photoshopped) or Magnetic cars have you seen? What size tires are on the base GT500? Ford should have had their build and price tool up and running when the Sales Bank opened so the buyers could get a look at what they were buying.
I am not even going to get into the Golden Ticket fiasco.

Last edited:

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Speculation of course but I think most are forgetting there are two 0-60 numbers in the works. 0-60 on the base will likely be 3.4 or 3.5 sec because Ford has tipped their hand in that direction, while its fair to assume that a $18k option (CFTP) would improve on that time, and 2.9 sec seems to fit nicely. Grattan Raceway video on Youtube isn't a base model, and claims the GT500 setting records besting ACR Vipers!

I don't care what the 0-60 time is, car is coming regardless, and this will still be the fastest thing I have ever owned period.

My 25 year wait is for my first mustang is near!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'm excited for ALL of us, Andy but especially for someone getting their first GT-500. My first and only Mustang was a huge deal in 2014 and now, the excitement is off scale so I feel you BIGTIME! :-)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
I got my 2018 for 37k out the door. I drive it everyday and on Steeda Q50 suspension runs bottom 10s in the 1/4 on 20" wheels with only 8.5lbs of boost. I have about 25k in upgrades, Baer brakes, Shelby wheels, Steeda suspension, Vortech V3JT, axles, exhaust. Engine and transmission are still factory. Car makes 770 rwhp on low timing to keep it safe. Why is it hard to believe it couldnt run these times?

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Speculation of course but I think most are forgetting there are two 0-60 numbers in the works. 0-60 on the base will likely be 3.4 or 3.5 sec because Ford has tipped their hand in that direction, while its fair to assume that a $18k option (CFTP) would improve on that time, and 2.9 sec seems to fit nicely. Grattan Raceway video on Youtube isn't a base model, and claims the GT500 setting records besting ACR Vipers!

I don't care what the 0-60 time is, car is coming regardless, and this will still be the fastest thing I have ever owned period.

Andy, been quite a while since I have been up to Watson Lake and Whitehorse in the Yukon and wondering if you are over around the Yellowknife area and which dealership up North helped you order your GT500?

Of course both Edmonton and Calgary have SVT and now called FP Ford dealerships in Alberta with the largest volume SVT dealership in Canada being Sherwood Ford in Sherwood Park.

Congrats on your upcoming GT500 and hopefully you can provide us with some details of your car such as color, stripes, options, etc.?

Good chance that you may have the fastest mass production vehicle in town once it arrives!!!

:clap::clap:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The bad thing about the information situation, is there are buyers who already have there scheduled dates and are basing there purchase on unverified information.
Ford can't even proofread there eSourceBook or Order Guide. Can someone tell me exactly what is in the CFTP or Handling Package? There is contradicting information about both options, supposedly the CFTP also includes a air/oil separator (catch can) and the Handling Package is said to have Adjustable Strut Top Mounts, neither are mentioned in the eSourceBook or Order Guide. And what about the almost total lack of information and pictures of the base car. How many Oxford White (non-photoshopped) or Magnetic cars have you seen? What size tires are on the base GT500? Ford should have had their build and price tool up and running when the Sales Bank opened so the buyers could get a look at what they were buying.
I am not even going to get into the Golden Ticket fiasco.
I have to agree that there is always room for improvement with the initial launch information for these HP cars but also have to say that when it comes to the CFTP option the eSource Book clearly indicates that the CFTP option comes with the Adjustable Strut Top Mounts and a PCV oil catch-can.

Having said that and after ordering Mustangs over many years I have learned to expect updates and revisions to Order Guides and eSourceBooks going forward and have found changes continually being made during the launch year.

From my standpoint and in addition to the above mentioned options the eSourceBook clearly states that the CFTP option also includes 20" exposed staggered CF wheels, wheel locking kit, exposed CF instrument panel, rear seat delete, Recaro seats, CF GT4 Track Wing, Cup 2 tires (305 and 315/30ZR20") and front splitter wickers.

After reading the CFTP option listed in the eSourceBook it all looked pretty exact and comprehensive to me.

When I looked up the Handling Package in the eSourceBook it was also quite clear to me that this package only includes the Front Splitter Wickers and Rear Wing Gurney Flap and nothing more and in fact when I came to the Adjustable Strut Tops Mounts section it clearly indicated that the ASTM were included as part of the CFTP and had nothing to do with the Handling Package.

If you are privy to some information whereby the ASTM is to be part of the Handling Package then hopefully you can share your source of information for this change or revision?

With respect to the tire sizes on Base GT500 the eSourceBook clearly indicates that the Sport 4S tires are 295/30ZR20 (F) and 305/30ZR 20 (R) with the CFTP cars coming with Sport Cup 2 tires with the sizes being 305/30ZR20 (F) and 315/30ZR20 (R) but did someone from Ford not come on here and confirmed that the Base GT500 tires will be the same size as the CFTP tires except in a Sport 4S configuration?

When you ordered your car did you not bring up some of your questions and/or concerns with your dealership and what was their response?

Personally if I had any concerns about colors, options or not having a clear understanding of what comes and does not come with a $75,000 to $107,000 Mustang I surely would be asking some questions and getting some answers before I went forward.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
When you ordered your car did you not bring up some of your questions and/or concerns with your dealership and what was their response?

Personally if I had any concerns about colors, options or not having a clear understanding of what comes and does not come with a $75,000 to $107,000 Mustang I surely would be asking some questions and getting some answers before I went forward.

As far as the CFTP car is concerned, Ford has gone out of their way to push this car and there is no shortage of pictures and articles on it.

The dealer did not have any information on the 2020 GT500 when I initially contacted them and they only knew what was in the Order Guide after it was released and nothing more, they were pretty much worthless. The reason I did not get the Handling Package was the conflicting information.

I knew what tire sizes were coming on my car because they were clearly stated on the Vehicle Order Confirmation and the only tires mentioned for the base were PS4s.

Checkout some of these articles, they only make it more confusing. The amount of misinformation is astonishing.
Look for Handling Package in any of these articles.

2020 Shelby GT500

2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 In Race Red: Photo Gallery

"Next, if you want to make a slight improvement in handling, the GT500 Handling Package costs $1,500, including removable front splitter end plates, adjustable strut mounts and a Gurney flap on the standard rear spoiler."

16 Little-Known Facts About The Astounding 2020 Shelby GT500

2020 GT500 | Discover the 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Performance Specs & Info - Lethal Performance
Sponsored