Upgraded Charge Pipe Clamps

jbostian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I recently installed a CV Fab intercooler and kept the stock charge pipes and clamps. Charge temps are down and the car feels good. But according to my tuner, I have a small boost leak. He noticed I am losing around 3psi when doing a WOT log. I have adjusted to factory clamps and everything seems tight, but I can't seem to get rid of the leak. So I am wanting to upgrade the clamps. Does anyone have a source for some good clamps?

Thanks,
Jamie
Sponsored

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
I recently installed a CV Fab intercooler and kept the stock charge pipes and clamps. Charge temps are down and the car feels good. But according to my tuner, I have a small boost leak. He noticed I am losing around 3psi when doing a WOT log. I have adjusted to factory clamps and everything seems tight, but I can't seem to get rid of the leak. So I am wanting to upgrade the clamps. Does anyone have a source for some good clamps?

Thanks,
Jamie

Take a look at Race Part Solutions, they may have what you need: https://www.racepartsolutions.com/

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jbostian

jbostian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang

BlackEB2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy the T-Bar Hose Clamps like the ones that come in the CVF Charge Pipe kit at Princess Auto here in Canada. I imagine you can get them at any farm or industrial parts store.

OP
OP
jbostian

jbostian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
You can buy the T-Bar Hose Clamps like the ones that come in the CVF Charge Pipe kit at Princess Auto here in Canada. I imagine you can get them at any farm or industrial parts store.
I checked one of the local places and they didn't have them, but I suppose I could check some of the other local places.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Scott just wanted to say that by that avatar pic your car is looking MEAN, my man. Congrats!
thanks! Always take my dad out for dinner the Saturday before Fatherā€™s Day. This day, the lot was full and I parked at the bank next door. As we were leaving, the sun caught it just right, and I had t snap a few pics. Iā€™d say you just caught it on a good hair day. :p

ive updated again since then...

(Upgrades to Brembo, the red ones from the Bullitt. )
545129C5-A083-4AFC-887E-37FF261F4EA9.jpeg

and her is that avatar pic full res...

37EE45D4-6A81-4391-AC73-45A4B6E972E7.jpeg
View attachment 388661

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, Iā€™m not a fan of TBolt clamps. They're popular and considered top quality more because they look cool than because of actual performance. But worm gear constant tension clamps actually perform better, assuming they are high quality. Manufacturers use the style that the community perceives as ā€˜betterā€™ because they want to sell what their customers want to buy. Thatā€™s an effective business practice, but I think an even better one, though more difficult (and more expensive, for both the manufacturer and the customer), is to educate. Iā€™m a bit of a geek, and really enjoy over analyzing stuff, so I found the article below back when I did homework on clamps. I then sent something to the tune of $160 buying all the clamps. To be fair, that includes some low pressure clamps for the intake tube, crank case breather, etc.

This article influenced my options a bit...

https://www.amsperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Worm_Gear_Clamp.pdf

OP
OP
jbostian

jbostian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
Personally, Iā€™m not a fan of TBolt clamps. They're popular and considered top quality more because they look cool than because of actual performance. But worm gear constant tension clamps actually perform better, assuming they are high quality. Manufacturers use the style that the community perceives as ā€˜betterā€™ because they want to sell what their customers want to buy. Thatā€™s an effective business practice, but I think an even better one, though more difficult (and more expensive, for both the manufacturer and the customer), is to educate. Iā€™m a bit of a geek, and really enjoy over analyzing stuff, so I found the article below back when I did homework on clamps. I then sent something to the tune of $160 buying all the clamps. To be fair, that includes some low pressure clamps for the intake tube, crank case breather, etc.

This article influenced my options a bit...

https://www.amsperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Worm_Gear_Clamp.pdf
Good article, thanks for the link. I am leaning towards going with the constant tension clamps.
Sponsored