Blown charge pipe?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Literally all he has is coolant and oil and fuel. No other product is on the car liquid

I guess brake fluid and ac stuff. But those aren’t in this discussiondue to proximity

edit
Also windshield wiper fluid.
I bet they’ll find the leak under cover
Ease off on the throttle there hoss, there is a lot you haven't taken into consideration. He just came here for help and there's no need to go all playground on him.

• It's not coming from the intake tubing, that much is for sure.
  • I doubt it's coolant as these run the ethylene glycol orange coolant. Also, when it's coolant that shit goes everywhere.
  • I also doubt it's coming from under the engine cover as that would cover the front engine cover, pulleys, etc and leave residual where you could see it from above.
  • It is that Arizona tan color and it is located right underneath the hood vent on a 2018+ car. OP, did it happen to rain a lot in the recent past? The pattern seems to wrap around on both hoses that you can see it on and drip off the bottom indicating it came from above and wasn't blown around by fans or belts. And being in AZ I could see a lot of dust buildup in the vent getting washed down by one of your famous sudden rain storms.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ease off on the throttle there hoss, there is a lot you haven't taken into consideration. He just came here for help and there's no need to go all playground on him.

• It's not coming from the intake tubing, that much is for sure.
  • I doubt it's coolant as these run the ethylene glycol orange coolant. Also, when it's coolant that shit goes everywhere.
  • I also doubt it's coming from under the engine cover as that would cover the front engine cover, pulleys, etc and leave residual where you could see it from above.
  • It is that Arizona tan color and it is located right underneath the hood vent on a 2018+ car. OP, did it happen to rain a lot in the recent past? The pattern seems to wrap around on both hoses that you can see it on and drip off the bottom indicating it came from above and wasn't blown around by fans or belts. And being in AZ I could see a lot of dust buildup in the vent getting washed down by one of your famous sudden rain storms.
I took into consideration the orange stuff, however the new stuff is green/yellow looks like Mountain Dew. I don't know if its 18, or 19 they switched over. but you can't even buy the orange coolant anymore from ford.

I did not realize the 18's actually had hood scoops, I thought they had the same hood as 17's as stamped flat. didn't really look at them to much.

Can sand and water turn into green residue?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I took into consideration the orange stuff, however the new stuff is green/yellow looks like Mountain Dew. I don't know if its 18, or 19 they switched over. but you can't even buy the orange coolant anymore from ford.

I did not realize the 18's actually had hood scoops, I thought they had the same hood as 17's as stamped flat. didn't really look at them to much.

Can sand and water turn into green residue?
Nobody uses the green stuff anymore. There are many yellow variations, some are aftermarket "one size fits all" solutions that really don't and the other is the Motorcraft gold stuff which isn't very common on newer cars and is not compatible with the orange. The orange is commonly available ( VC-3DIL-B ) and is used in most new Fords, yours and OPs included. Don't mix any other type in there as this stuff is the pickiest stuff when it comes to mixing, mix it with anything that isn't compatible and it coagulates into this thick mud-like substance that fouls your entire cooling system.

All 2018s and up have the heat extractors on the hood, it's one of the things I least like about the redesign. No offense OP, just my personal opinion on the looks.

Deserts aren't sand like you're thinking, it's a fine, talcum like dust that coats everything in this light tan and it gets everywhere. Looks like coyote tan which is kind of what I see in the picture more so than green. Where I live everything gets wet for like 8 months and mixes with pollen and moss so water drainage will form a brown/green sludge and if left long enough will eventually grow moss of it's own.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
great info, its weird.. I just put a new radiator in, ford had zero orange, handed me brand new green stuff, said it mixes with orange, no need to flush.

so I dropped the green stuff into my radiator and been driving since. now its a orangey green, as there was some orange residue from tank/residual in the engine.

told me the green is the new mix and mixes with orange/no flushing needed.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
great info, its weird.. I just put a new radiator in, ford had zero orange, handed me brand new green stuff, said it mixes with orange, no need to flush.

so I dropped the green stuff into my radiator and been driving since. now its a orangey green, as there was some orange residue from tank/residual in the engine.

told me the green is the new mix and mixes with orange/no flushing needed.
They told you very wrong. If you flush the entire system you could run the green all you wanted but you'll have to stick to the old 30K replacement schedule since it breaks down much sooner. If you have a mix in there now I'd flush completely and replace with the correct stuff. I've seen so many fouled up Chevys from the early DexCool it would make you shiver. The Ford orange is after all a derivative of DexCool. It got a bad name early for many reasons, one of the most not-Chevrolets-fault ones being owners mixing common at the time green into it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Looks like cat piss.
😆 it does and I have strays in my neighborhood but there are no leaks anywhere as confirmed by the tech but just a plain spill that the tech didn’t clean when the car was serviced. Now I wait for their answer why the random misfire.