Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Personally, I’m not a fan of TBolt clamps. They're popular and considered top quality more because they look cool than because of actual performance. But worm gear constant tension clamps actually perform better, assuming they are high quality. Manufacturers use the style that the community perceives as ‘better’ because they want to sell what their customers want to buy. That’s an effective business practice, but I think an even better one, though more difficult (and more expensive, for both the manufacturer and the customer), is to educate. I’m a bit of a geek, and really enjoy over analyzing stuff, so I found the article below back when I did homework on clamps. I then sent something to the tune of $160 buying all the clamps. To be fair, that includes some low pressure clamps for the intake tube, crank case breather, etc.

This article influenced my options a bit...

https://www.amsperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Worm_Gear_Clamp.pdf
I'm actually with you there, but the customers dictate what they want - that's the market! We actually had constant-tension clamps in our initial kits before getting some pretty heavy user feedback asking for t-bolts.
Sponsored

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
I'm actually with you there, but the customers dictate what they want - that's the market! We actually had constant-tension clamps in our initial kits before getting some pretty heavy user feedback asking for t-bolts.
I must have gotten mine before the switch, as I have the worm gear style and have had the worst luck with them. Does CVF offer the newer clamps by chance by themselves? Or at least could you provide the sizes needed for proper fit?
In following someone's advice from here to crank them down super tight, I actually started digging into the throttle body coupler piece, and have damn near torn a hole in it :(

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
I must have gotten mine before the switch, as I have the worm gear style and have had the worst luck with them. Does CVF offer the newer clamps by chance by themselves? Or at least could you provide the sizes needed for proper fit?
In following someone's advice from here to crank them down super tight, I actually started digging into the throttle body coupler piece, and have damn near torn a hole in it :(
Of course! Will get in contact via PM so we can get you taken care of.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, that’s basically how I see it too. It’s interesting to me how ’looks best’ gets conflated with ‘best’. That said, among the worm gear clamps, I think those Murray turbo seal clamps are top of the heap, and much better than the average worm gear clamp with all the holes that let it eventually dig into and potentially damage the coupler. Of course the cost is premium too, around $10 each. That’s $80 just in clamps, and makes a huge impact on the cost of a full kit.

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
Of course! Will get in contact via PM so we can get you taken care of.
Thanks Jason, I got your message! As usual, you and CVF have great responsiveness, and timeliness to customer concerns that continues to amaze me :beer::party:

Sponsored

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
There seems to be two different size clamps in the Tuned Plus picture ? Do you know what are the correct sizes supposed to be ?
When I was researching, this is the list I came up with. I wanted all the clamps to match, so I got all of them. Adams kit only has 6 clamps for the charge pipes since the factory cold side only has 2 clamps. Not sure what size they are or if they'll fit aftermarket charge pipes. Some aftermarket pipes may have some variation in size, so no guarantee these will fit any particular pipes aside from the ones I called out.

CVF Charge Pipes
1x 1 9/16" - 2 1/2" (40 - 64mm)
4x 2 1/16" - 3" (52 - 76mm)
3x 2 5/16" - 3 1/4" (59 - 83mm)

Airaid Intake Tube
1x 2 1/16" - 3" (52 - 76mm)
1x 3 1/16" - 4" (78 - 102mm)
1x 3 5/16" - 4 1/4" (84 - 108mm)
1x 3 - 5" (76 - 127mm)

BPV 1.45" (36.7mm)
2x 1 3/8" - 1 7/8" (35 - 48mm)

UPR Oil Cap Breather 1.9" (48.5mm)
1x 1 5/8" - 2 3/8" (41 - 60mm)

OP
OP
jbostian

jbostian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
When I was researching, this is the list I came up with. I wanted all the clamps to match, so I got all of them. Adams kit only has 6 clamps for the charge pipes since the factory cold side only has 2 clamps. Not sure what size they are or if they'll fit aftermarket charge pipes. Some aftermarket pipes may have some variation in size, so no guarantee these will fit any particular pipes aside from the ones I called out.

CVF Charge Pipes
1x 1 9/16" - 2 1/2" (40 - 64mm)
4x 2 1/16" - 3" (52 - 76mm)
3x 2 5/16" - 3 1/4" (59 - 83mm)

Airaid Intake Tube
1x 2 1/16" - 3" (52 - 76mm)
1x 3 1/16" - 4" (78 - 102mm)
1x 3 5/16" - 4 1/4" (84 - 108mm)
1x 3 - 5" (76 - 127mm)

BPV 1.45" (36.7mm)
2x 1 3/8" - 1 7/8" (35 - 48mm)

UPR Oil Cap Breather 1.9" (48.5mm)
1x 1 5/8" - 2 3/8" (41 - 60mm)
This is great info, thanks!

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
Wait a second, are the stock intercoolers pipe diameters different on the hot and cold side ? I though the intercooler was 2.75" on both sides and only aftermarket ones had different hot and cold sizes ?
Sponsored