Sponsored

Ford Performance Supercharger

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
OK, let's say my goal was to run low 10's with a trap speed of 135 minimum. Trap speed would mean more to me than actual time because I tend to get into alot of roll races.

What supercharger would get me there reliably the cheapest?
A centri or the whipple would get you there easy.
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Centris are great too but I like the way the power comes on with the whipple

Be prepared to do the OPG, upgraded fuel system too

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
i think i accidentally started it. i think my original statement was that an 18+ A10 NA E85 car would give a stock 18+ roush car a hard time or any stock roush car. then someone didnt believe it. then various amounts of variables got thrown into the mix about when one was better than the other. It was mentioned numerous times that if you want ease of warranty a roush setup is a great choice. but if you are going to want to do some racing and increase power it might not be the most efficient option. you gotta pay to play and the gen 3 coyote is not a vetted platform yet.
Not sure if you've seen RBS550 thread in the drag forum buts that's a NA car that recently went 10.2xx or something silly. And that's not even an A10. Think that would more than give the Roush a run for his money :)

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2 w/ Roush Supercharger
Vehicle Showcase
I have this supercharger on my '18 GT. Just got the latest tune installed today, major improvement compared to the first revision. Haven't had it dyno'd so I can't comment on exact power figures but it definitely pulls hard. Warranty is interesting, it void's the Ford powertrain warranty and you get one covered by ROUSH instead. This was still worth it for me since Whipple charges extra for a warranty and Edelbrock's TVS 2560 kit (which includes a powertrain warranty) wasn't available when I got mine installed last year.
You mentioned a new tune. Did you buy your supercharger kit when they first came out? How did you become aware of a new tune being available? Was there a charge to update the tune in your car?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You mentioned a new tune. Did you buy your supercharger kit when they first came out? How did you become aware of a new tune being available? Was there a charge to update the tune in your car?
Contact Roush and then have the dealer reflash if u have the old tune

Sponsored

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I
Contact Roush and then have the dealer reflash if u have the old tune
Is there any way for me to tell if I have the latest flash or not? Or can that only be determined by the dealer?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I think roush knows by your vin. Haven't read about a way to to figure it out on your own

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Not sure if you've seen RBS550 thread in the drag forum buts that's a NA car that recently went 10.2xx or something silly. And that's not even an A10. Think that would more than give the Roush a run for his money :)
I know the steeda 18 is in 10.2 but try to keep comparisons to a more typical level, the cars with like Intake, full exhaust, E85. maybe a little weight reduction

Does anyone know why the FP SC is "not for BULLITT" ?
should work, i believe the main difference is the Bullitt has a GT350 manifold. .might be wrong.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I know the steeda 18 is in 10.2 but try to keep comparisons to a more typical level, the cars with like Intake, full exhaust, E85. maybe a little weight reduction

Does anyone know why the FP SC is "not for BULLITT" ?
should work, i believe the main difference is the Bullitt has a GT350 manifold. .might be wrong.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

That's what I expected as well.

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think roush knows by your vin. Haven't read about a way to to figure it out on your own
Two questions- Is there any information about what’s new in the latest tune? How did you become aware of the new tune, did Roush notify you? Because they definitely didn’t reach out to me, although they say there is an update for me.

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Two questions- Is there any information about what’s new in the latest tune? How did you become aware of the new tune, did Roush notify you? Because they definitely didn’t reach out to me, although they say there is an update for me.
From my own observations, the new tune fixes some of the shifting issues on cars equipped with the 10R80 automatic transmission. Power comes on a little better, but again ROUSH didn't officially announce their changelog for each tune revision. In terms of getting notified about tune updates, this forum is probably your best bet. I was informed about this new tune from a post in the Forced Induction section. ROUSH/Ford won't notify you, and you can call ROUSH and tell them your VIN and they will let you know if there is a new tune available for your car.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Gotta admit, my head hurts after reading this thread. So I have a question..... if the Roush supercharger with the Roush tune is worth 700 HP, and a stock 460 HP with an e85 tune is going to give the Roush all it can handle, an e85 tune is worth 240 HP ?
Cuz if that’s the case why the fuck would anybody buy a supercharger ? Dollar for dollar that would be a no brainer. Now I’m no tuner or supercharger expert but I think that’s a huge load of crap !
Your absolutely right. My 18 with a 10 speed, resonator delete/Steeda HPipe,Roush Enclosed Air Intake on an E85 tune made 470 to the ground at PBD. That's a long ways off from what the Ford Performance Supercharger is doing.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
biggest issue with the 2018+ roush is heat soak. they have show that these can make decent power for 1 pull. then lose a ton after that as the IATs shoot over 150+ and take a long time to come back down. which is compounded even more if you been driving all day to the race. then you want to compare an A10 to a manual...forget about it. the standing is that for 8K+ there are more efficient methods. But a low 11 sec NA car is pretty cheap in the A10
Sponsored