Sponsored

With all the recent talk of unplugging the "nanny plug", I wouldn't recomend it.

OP
OP
ChromaticGrey

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Interesting.
Other than missing the G force red dot, ( in track apps) mine remains unplugged at all times.....
Interesting. Ever seen the steering fault message?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChromaticGrey

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Lol...

Life on a mustang forum. Repeating the same shit over and over.
Fair. But i haven't seen a discussion about unplugging the harness, and then having the power steering go out. Then back on when plugged in again.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
I would not unplug the connector and drive the car on the streets, you are asking for trouble if you do that! At the track or on a dyno it is a different story, but on the streets you are risking loosing control.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
When I took my car to the track and disabled the traction control, the system would kick on and the car would bog down, killing my times. When I disabled advancetrak by holding the button down for 6 seconds IIRC, the nannies may not have been completely off, but it was like a different car. my first run with the advancetrak disabled, I blew through the tires in the first 3 gears. I had to figure out how to launch the car without spinning too much. While the system may not be completely off, it felt almost non-existent. At least, that was my experience. Try it both ways to see what is best for you. I was not running a drag tire, I was on the factory tires, so not sure if houstonkid is running a drag tire.
I am guessing you have a tune on the car? Forced induction most likely if you spin third gear?

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The plug is unplugged on the dyno, because if runs are done in 7th gear (1:1) with a 3.15 gear ratio, the car will stop at 186mph which won’t be full rpm. Especially for the guys running up to 8000 rpm. Unplugging it disables the 186mph limiter as well.

OP
OP
ChromaticGrey

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Nice opening WildHorse. What vast amount of knowledge do you draw from to make the conclusion unplugging the harness does nothing and results in a placebo effect?

Slips prove nothing other than one run was faster than another. Could be a result of many reasons. You will never be satisfied with slips. It would next be I need a video of the run now. Then a video of the dash board showing traction control kicking on. Oh and one of the tires so I can see the tire spin causing it to kick on.

In stead of resorting to name calling how about answer my question from my post and back up your claim.

Have you ever run the car down a prepped drag strip with it plugged in then with it unplugged?

You don't need to answer because if you had, you would know the nannies don't work with it unplugged and they do with it plugged in.

So no, no you have not and are making a WAG based on the internet and not real world applications. I suggest you go run your car down the drag strip and then check back in here.

Have a great Sunday.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Exactly. THen they think, if it works on the track, then it'll be doubly good for the street. Then boom! Instant cars & coffee youtube superstar for that .05 second gain in the 1/4 mile.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Guys, its not that big a deal, what did we all do before all the traction stuff? 60's 70's 80's i learned to drive on dirt roads, and wet alfalfa fields, and snow covered township roads, then autox, and distant county roads, (asphalt) First thing i do in all my stuff is shut off any and all stability, dynamic, whatever they call it, have never had a issue, or problem, if i didn't have confidence in my driving prowess, ( not that it matters, i drive class A combination vehicles, with double, triple, and tanker, and motorcycle endorsments) i would go get a stay at home job. btw, i am fairly certain my cars anti-lock brake system still works with >it< unplugged. also, if weather permits i am going to Brainerd Intl, Raceway wed, evening, to run my car after some suspension mods, i will do my best to see if there is ANY diff. in running car >plugged< in or not.....

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Unplugging an active safety system on a daily driver that disables

1.Abs
2. Traction control
3. Advanced trak witch included stability management, slide control, auto brake control for slides.
4. All car roll management gyros

Is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. I am sure the system also ties into the airbag system to some degree.
Thank you for the service announcement grandpa.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
From keeping it unplugged I take it?
I actually know him and no it wasn’t from that. Sideswiped on the highway.

And I was also at the track the night he was making his runs. I may even have video of it still.

No need to be a dick.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
Guys, its not that big a deal, what did we all do before all the traction stuff? 60's 70's 80's i learned to drive on dirt roads, and wet alfalfa fields, and snow covered township roads, then autox, and distant county roads, (asphalt) First thing i do in all my stuff is shut off any and all stability, dynamic, whatever they call it, have never had a issue, or problem, if i didn't have confidence in my driving prowess, ( not that it matters, i drive class A combination vehicles, with double, triple, and tanker, and motorcycle endorsments) i would go get a stay at home job. btw, i am fairly certain my cars anti-lock brake system still works with >it< unplugged. also, if weather permits i am going to Brainerd Intl, Raceway wed, evening, to run my car after some suspension mods, i will do my best to see if there is ANY diff. in running car >plugged< in or not.....
and no air bags and seat belt laws and u could have a cold beer in the car too ...but your forgetting one huge point.....225 hp was max in us then...0-60 in seven second,,,0-100 in an afternoon..these days your 4 seconds of floorboard away from reckless driving on any road
Sponsored