American Muscle screw up

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Hey just wondering if my experience is unusual or not with these guys. Ordered rear window louvres for my Mustang, got the package later than they quoted, and when it arrived I was surprised to find I was sent a cloth top for a Jaguar convertible instead.

Now I have to take this to a UPS store and they won't send out my window Louvre until they get a notification back from UPS. They did offer me $15 in store credit for the hassle (good only until September). Just curious if this is common with them from your all's experience.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sounds like a simple human error that no one seems to have patience for any longer. We all must be perfect 100% of the time.
No pressure though....... Nice of them to offer the $50 credit.

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
I have had issues with them before on 2 occasions. The first was a kooks downpipe they had listed on the site. It was listed as a downpipe and mid pipe. I contacted their support and asked them to check and make sure it had a downpipe included (I was skeptical because the price was cheap). They assured me that it did indeed have a downpipe. I ordered it and of course, no downpipe. I contacted them and they had me go and ship it back to them. I got no offer for credit or anything, just a refund.

On the second occasion I ordered a mishimoto downpipe (I should have stopped ordering downpipes from them). This time it was a week past the expected delivery date and they told me the pipe was lost in the mail. They sent me another one. Well they both showed up at my door and they were going to charge me for 2 if I did not return it. I again had to waste my time going to the UPS store to ship it back to them. I like their site and chat function, but their shipping department seems horrendous.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Sounds like a simple human error that no one seems to have patience for any longer. We all must be perfect 100% of the time.
No pressure though....... Nice of them to offer the $50 credit.
Sorry I apparently misheard, it's $15 store credit.

We actually have a warehouse here at my job and when we make errors we send out the correct product right away - we don't inconvenience our customers for our screw ups.

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Someone did you a favor by misplacing those louvers. :)

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Someone did you a favor by misplacing those louvers. :)
Maybe, but I really like them and have wanted them on the car since before I ordered said car. Luckily they aren't permanent/going to do damage being on so I can change my mind later.
Sponsored