American Muscle

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Edit American Muscle took care of the issue quickly after working with Alex on the forum. The issue was due to a miscommunication. I would recommend them to other potential buyers. I got a great price on the halfshafts and they quickly took care of issues related to issues with my DSS parts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
I bought my DSS 1400hp handshakes from American muscle a couple of months ago and after 500 miles all the bolts were loose and about to fall out of the handshakes.

I tried to explain this to multiple techs at AM and they wanted me to have as mechanic look at the car and send them, report.

I would like to send the axle back and have it checked out but AM said, just tighten the bolts and drive it. Please beware when buying from AM if you need tech support.
Hey - I apologize about the delay (Just received and replied to your PM) But I'm more than happy to either have these sent back to us for a replacement or refund.

My customer service team and myself needs to typically ask this when establishing that there's a problem with a kit or parts so that once we have them returned to the vendor, they know exactly why.

I'll have everything emailed over to you shortly and we'll get these "handshakes" back to us.

Rest assured I'm here to help.

Alex

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my DSS 1400hp handshakes from American muscle a couple of months ago and after 500 miles all the bolts were loose and about to fall out of the handshakes. I tried to explain this to multiple techs at AM and they wanted me to have as mechanic look at the car and send them, report. I would like to send the axle back and have it checked out but AM said, just tighten the bolts and drive it. Please beware when buying from AM if you need tech support.
You didnt check them prior to installation?

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Hey - I apologize about the delay (Just received and replied to your PM) But I'm more than happy to either have these sent back to us for a replacement or refund.

My customer service team and myself needs to typically ask this when establishing that there's a problem with a kit or parts so that once we have them returned to the vendor, they know exactly why.

I'll have everything emailed over to you shortly and we'll get these "handshakes" back to us.

Rest assured I'm here to help.

Alex
Thanks for the quick reaction. Dealing with you here has been great. I shipped the passenger axle back today using your return label. I did not ship the drivers axle because it appears to be fine. Thanks for the quick action.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
You didnt check them prior to installation?
I did not and don't feel like it should be needed since they were assembled and sealed at the factory. Would you check the torque on the head bolts when you order a crate motor?

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I did not and don't feel like it should be needed since they were assembled and sealed at the factory. Would you check the torque on the head bolts when you order a crate motor?
I'd check every bolt on a crate engine and cant imagine anyone installing it without doing so.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
American Muscle is making the situation right. I would not hesitate to order from them again. Alex has been very responsive great to deal with.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
American Muscle is making the situation right. I would not hesitate to order from them again. Alex has been very responsive great to deal with.
I love how you jump to bash the vendor on the forums instead of handling this personally, especially with how AM has handled this now. There is a such thing as being a respectful customer.

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wait so is American Muscle manufacturing and assembling DSS half shafts now? Learn something new everyday... /sarcasm

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Wait so is American Muscle manufacturing and assembling DSS half shafts now? Learn something new everyday... /sarcasm
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I was not satisfied with the way AM initially responded when I called their tech support. They wanted me to take the car in to a shop to get a shop report on the issue and had a difficult time understand e standing the issue. In the end they have stepped up and taken care of the issue.
Sponsored