canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I have some gauges posted W/ GT350 trim hit me up
plenty of others have left it uncapped without any apparent issue. for the few minutes it took I just felt more comfortable considering how excessive heat can cause issues with electronics. The cap will always pop off easy enough if I wanted to return to stock.
Should have another dash set up soon like June
Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
plenty of others have left it uncapped without any apparent issue. for the few minutes it took I just felt more comfortable considering how excessive heat can cause issues with electronics. The cap will always pop off easy enough if I wanted to return to stock.
Believe it or not, it's a good idea to cap it. The reason why, is even though the cabin air is filtered, some particles do get through, and they will over a long period of time build up inside the gauge housing, which could "potentially" cause a problem. Just find a cheap piece of plastic, cut it into a circle, and plug the hole, holding it in place with some clear silicon sealant/adhesive. That way you can pop it out later if you ever need to.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Ditto on the heat. I live in S. Florida, so heat is never on, and I doubt A/C would do anything . . . but my OCD would demand it was capped after all the effort involved!

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Apparently, purchasing the gauges is easy, they're everywhere .The hard part seems to be getting the supporting trim. I'm guessing ordering it from Ford is pretty expensive?

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Apparently, purchasing the gauges is easy, they're everywhere .The hard part seems to be getting the supporting trim. I'm guessing ordering it from Ford is pretty expensive?
Like I said I have at GT gauge kit W/ GT 350 trim for the whole dash.

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
over $1k....lol, try parts farm in GA and wades motorsports in SC, they both specialize in parting out wrecked S550's.

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
over $1k....lol, try parts farm in GA and wades motorsports in SC, they both specialize in parting out wrecked S550's.
Over 1K! That's a lot of money for some plastic trim!

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey! Big thanks! I was able to order the trim and gauges from The Parts Farm. :like::clap:

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ok- next question. I have the right "4-hole" dash trim panel on it's way to me, and new PP gauges, but not the four screws that hold the gauges to the panels.

Anyone know the specs? size/length/thread pitch? Any info is appreciated!

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok- next question. I have the right "4-hole" dash trim panel on it's way to me, and new PP gauges, but not the four screws that hold the gauges to the panels.

Anyone know the specs? size/length/thread pitch? Any info is appreciated!
Just a guess, but probably the same 7mm black ones they use to hold the radio and other trim pieces in place.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Good guess - thanks. When I start the project, I’ll test a donor.

I do know from watching a bunch of stereo and gauge install videos, the stereo the is 7mm head, the gauge screws t25 head, so they are at least different in that regard.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Yeah - I figured. I just don't like going to dealers for tiny parts. It's always $2.00 for a $0.02 part. But . . . I just found the panel I bought has the screws re-attached (I bought a panel w/o gauges), But thank you!

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Yeah - I figured. I just don't like going to dealers for tiny parts. It's always $2.00 for a $0.02 part. But . . . I just found the panel I bought has the screws re-attached (I bought a panel w/o gauges), But thank you!
I did the same thing
Sponsored