Sponsored

I seriously need help

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello fellow members I am dumbfounded as to what to do in my situation. Before I get into it here is a little back story. I first had a Ecoboost mustang in 2015 and heavily modified it unfortunately I took it to far and the motor took a shit on me so I repaired it and traded it in for a 2016 Mustang GT. I soon realized that even my GT was having issues and soon enough my motor blew on it at around 12k miles completely stock... I kept up with maintenance and didn’t abuse the car but it still failed. I promptly contacted ford as this would mean me being out of my car for many weeks as their engine department at almost every ford dealer is “backed up”. They eventually replaced the engine and soon after I was having drive line vibrations that they could not fix. Ford decided to buyback the vehicle but Jesus that process is terrible it took 4-5 months to get out of my old vehicle. I was given my money back minus mileage deduction and was able to get any other car. I really like the mustang and when the 2018 Mustang GT came out with the new cluster and revised front end I was seriously interested. So I bit the bullet and got another 2018 GT performance pack with 10 speed. The car was great for the first couple of months than towards the end of the year I started having issues where the car would stall randomly on me and sometimes it would be dangerous so I took it in and they couldn’t find anything I went to multiple dealers and no one could help me. I even called ford customer service to help me get this resolved and they were no help. I am now in a predicament where I turned my car on after about a week of it being in service to try and find the stalling issues and came to find out that my car was knocking! I immediately had it towed and taken to the dealership where they found no I’ll inside the car. My bet is that they for got to put oil back in the car and now I’m left to deal with the inconvenience. They will probably try and replace the motor but being that this is my buyback replacement I am not going through being without a car for a month again for something that I didn’t do. I would just like my money back to get away from this company. What do you guys suggest that I do?

PS they wanted me to pay to put oil back in the car and diagnose it. The customer service is insanely bad.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
3 bad experiences with Ford, time to switch manufacturers. I have had 4 mustangs all of the good no matter what i did to them...that's why i still have one ...start the buy back proceedings....what you've been thru is just unacceptable...

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
3 bad experiences with Ford, time to switch manufacturers. I have had 4 mustangs all of the good no matter what i did to them...that's why i still have one ...start the buy back proceedings....what you've been thru is just unacceptable...
The told me every case is different but that shows that they don’t care I have been a loyal customer and I no longer want to be held hostage by this car

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Update: Talked to service advisor who informed me that I will be needing another motor and it will take an additional 2-3 weeks to start working on it.

Will be contacting Ford directly again tomorrow

MKMotorsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Convertible
3 bad experiences with Ford, time to switch manufacturers.
^^This. There would be no reason to go back for more, just bail. If I ever got burned that many times by the same company I'd never buy one of their products as long as I live. There are plenty of choices, just move on.

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Dang.....and you bought the dreaded gen 3, which so far has a much larger failure rate than the gen 2.

I would have switched to a Camaro after the second time...

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You have paid your dues...

Nobody, except the most die-hard fan boys would criticize you for leaving and going somewhere else. What you went through is insane!

Now this is going to sound funny but is often true. Sometimes the almighty powers that be from above just have it in for you and fighting that kind of Karma is futile. Here is my example which is the same but in a reverse way than yours:

No longer into cars my current ride breaks down and without checking other cars I buy a V6 Mustang from fleet sales. I was a big fan of V8s back in the day and berated I4 and V6 guys mercilessly back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Anyway I come back here and get the itch again and figure I’ll trade in and get a 2017 GT before it’s too late. Long story short the car I wanted was sold the day before I found it. 2018 GT guys told me to stay away and they were right. I even thought about swapping in the new 7.3 V8 and people spent over 90 pages telling me it’s futile. So I’m stuck driving the V6 as my DD every day. It has had zero issues and we are coming up on 2 years. And I mean ZERO issues. I would love to be in your position to start shopping for a new car. Even if I buy another car this one works so well as a DD I have to keep it and keep driving it all the time. There is no escape! This friggin car will last forever! Karma from the gods above for my earlier transgressions!

So now when guys here rib me for driving a V6, I just roll my eyes and except my fate...

Bottom line - you can’t fight fate - you and the Mustang have a curse going on there and the only way out is in all the way out! Have fun with your new non-Mustang ride...

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I'd be leaving and wouldn't be looking back. I didn't buy a Ford car for 28 years because of the pieces of sh*t that I had previously owned, but I liked the new S550's too much not try try a Ford car again. Luckily for me my '16 GT has been absolutely flawless, so far.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Update

I just got word that the motor was short 5 Quarts of oil and I had just got my oil changed last month March on the 13th. I was charged for an oil change and never received one. There were no leaks or smoke coming out of the car so the oil did not just leak out. I am livid as the dealership basically sabotaged my car.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Update

I just got word that the motor was short 5 Quarts of oil and I had just got my oil changed last month March on the 13th. I was charged for an oil change and never received one. There were no leaks or smoke coming out of the car so the oil did not just leak out. I am livid as the dealership basically sabotaged my car.
that's strike 4...time to leave the ballpark ....get a lawyer make them buy this one back....

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Update

There is no excuse for being charged for a change and not getting one. But I'm not understanding how that could be why it was 5 quarts low. Was it full when you last checked it? If not, how much did you add? If it lost 5 quarts in a month or less, I don't think not changing the oil had anything to do with that.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
It’s the clearest example of a curse I’ve ever seen.

Take the money and run.

Don’t look back.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
There is no excuse for being charged for a change and not getting one. But I'm not understanding how that could be why it was 5 quarts low. Was it full when you last checked it? If not, how much did you add? If it lost 5 quarts in a month or less, I don't think not changing the oil had anything to do with that.
I have a maintenance plan from for oil changes for the first year. They refused to change my oil unless I had 5000+ miles from the last oil change. I've literally had an advisor go into my car and just reset the light and I warned him that I would be back if anything happened to my car's engine when you refused to put oil in it.

I do not understand either but this obviously proves that they, A did not do the oil change or, B did do an oil change but with the wrong amount added. And I highly doubt it is B.

If it was short from the get go an oil change would have easily caught this problem and I wouldn't be on the forums right now.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
A did not do the oil change or, B did do an oil change but with the wrong amount added. And I highly doubt it is B.
I wouldn't doubt B, happened to 18+ owners a lot at the start because it has a higher oil capacity/requirement (10qts) versus before.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have a maintenance plan from for oil changes for the first year. They refused to change my oil unless I had 5000+ miles from the last oil change. I've literally had an advisor go into my car and just reset the light and I warned him that I would be back if anything happened to my car's engine when you refused to put oil in it.

I do not understand either but this obviously proves that they, A did not do the oil change or, B did do an oil change but with the wrong amount added. And I highly doubt it is B.

If it was short from the get go an oil change would have easily caught this problem and I wouldn't be on the forums right now.
Since you did not do it, I don't know if you are aware that the owners manual calls for the oil level to be checked regularly. That is good advice for any car.

Regardless of the outcome, you should start doing that. It would probably have prevented the car being driven 5 qts low.

Even if someone else picks up the tab for damages, its never fun to put up with all the hassle. Its like with health insurance. Your policy might cover lung or heart transplants, but its still a good idea to take care of the originals.

Checking the oil is like part of taking care of the originals.
Sponsored