I seriously need help

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I would’ve understood if it was 1 or 2 quarts short but 5? The previous motor needed 8 so how could they have shorted me 5? The car was literally in service the day before so I had no reason to check my oil. I maintained my car regularly it only had 17k miles on it. I understand your viewpoint but considering the circumstances there is no way this is on me.
I wouldn't doubt B, happened to 18+ owners a lot at the start because it has a higher oil capacity/requirement (10qts) versus before.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would’ve understood if it was 1 or 2 quarts short but 5? The previous motor needed 8 so how could they have shorted me 5? The car was literally in service the day before so I had no reason to check my oil.
When something goes wrong, it can distract us or keep us from learning. What happened to you is proof there was a reason for you to check, you just didn't know it at the time. There is a huge difference between shouldn't have to and shouldn't. So when this issue is all water under the bridge, remember there is a reason you SHOULD check the oil in those circumstances. That keeps it from happening again.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I would’ve understood if it was 1 or 2 quarts short but 5? The previous motor needed 8 so how could they have shorted me 5? The car was literally in service the day before so I had no reason to check my oil. I maintained my car regularly it only had 17k miles on it. I understand your viewpoint but considering the circumstances there is no way this is on me.
Sounds like you were burning oil and it was never checked. If the oil was changed ever 5k, and assuming they DID change it as 10-12K thats almost 1qt per 1k miles. Thats a lot, and they should have noticed it at the first change that it was multiple qts low.

Deleted member 35786

I am sure Honda/Toyota will be happy to accept you as a customer should you chose them.
Hope it works our in your favor.. Good luck on your decision.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
When something goes wrong, it can distract us or keep us from learning. What happened to you is proof there was a reason for you to check, you just didn't know it at the time. There is a huge difference between shouldn't have to and shouldn't. So when this issue is all water under the bridge, remember there is a reason you SHOULD check the oil in those circumstances. That keeps it from happening again.
Which is true but again being that I had the car at the dealership for a week and then finding nothing I think we can all agree that the first thing we wouldn’t do if our car just got out of service is check the oil

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I am sure Honda/Toyota will be happy to accept you as a customer should you chose them.
Hope it works our in your favor.. Good luck on your decision.
I make enough to buy a car that I like and I chose this platform I loved the car but the service is lacking. Honda and Toyota are great brands nothing wrong with them type r will drive circles around a GT PP on the track but I liked the sound of the coyote. As for where I’ll take my business next I will be getting a AMG Mercedes.
Sponsored