Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
What you fail to realize is this is a multiple capable car.
Drag, track, street, handling, cornering, braking car.
All you talk about is drag racing. You’re to dense to realize that all people are trying to tell your dumbass is that if you want a 1/4 mile car a GT with a blower or turbos would be faster, lighter, cheaper and without the adm and bullshit not needed on a street / drag car.
But I want the GT500. how is that hard for you to understand? I dont like the body or transmissions, or enegine offered in a GT.. Keep crying

So instead you want to take a $100k car I have a deal at 5k over -wont be 100k lol (including the adm) remove the 20” wheels, big brakes, weight reduction, modify the drivetrain / engine, put smaller brakes on that are needed for 18” or smaller wheels for drag tires. How do you know what the drivetrain can handle? Engine modified yes, they sell drag radials larger than 18, but ill go as small as brakes allowed.. is that ok dad?
It’s your car. Do as you wish. Thanks Dad Tune and build the shit out of it. It’s just a mustang like you said. Only difference is, it’s not like any mustang you ever had or worked on. Tell me me more about myself, and what you know about the GT500
Your a cobble mechanic that turns wrenches under the back yard tree with all the answers. or the #1 tuner in the coyote game, or my mechanic that has several nasty coyotes and builds race cars for a living with a well known name/reputation.. but please keep cryin on the internet

I’m just gonna stand by and ( cry that i cant drive a GT500) laugh my ass off when it goes wrong and your crooked ass try’s to file a warranty claim and get busted depends what fails remember.. you seem to forget that, just because i know how warranties work, doesnt mean i abuse the system. You constantly spew how much more you know than everyone else in certain areas due to experience -and seem to think you have all the answers never said that and admit/ed when wrong. So stop talking and just do it! Thanks dad

Be the first to tune, modify, and build your nice shiny GT500 and go set the fastest 1/4 mile times. Please. Impress me! Thats the plan :)
You’re entertaining.
bold :x

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
1) If ford follows release dates as specified 3000 will likely be maximum. They will not produce track pack models for four months over the winter. This leaves a small window in 2019 to actually get a track pack.
This.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No insider knowledge here, but I would also expect Ford to build a small number of GT500s this year - both due to a later release and especially with the GT350 still being built in parallel. It will give them more time to sort out any little bugs before they pump out a lot of cars. But, AFAIK Ford could build a lot more than 3,000 in the few months they will have available this year (assuming they have the parts and actually WANT to build that many). They typically build ~10,000 Mustangs in a month, after all.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
No insider knowledge here, but I would also expect Ford to build a small number of GT500s this year - both due to a later release and especially with the GT350 still being built in parallel. It will give them more time to sort out any little bugs before they pump out a lot of cars. But, AFAIK Ford could build a lot more than 3,000 in the few months they will have available this year (assuming they have the parts and actually WANT to build that many). They typically build ~10,000 Mustangs in a month, after all.
I think the limiting issue will be how many engines they can build in a month. They are not built on a high volume assembly line. They are hand built in the same low volume facility where Voodoo is built. More than likely by the same technicians. So for as long as GT350 is in production, GT500 will have a capacity constraint.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the limiting issue will be how many engines they can build in a month. They are not built on a high volume assembly line. They are hand built in the same low volume facility where Voodoo is built. More than likely by the same technicians. So for as long as GT350 is in production, GT500 will have a capacity constraint.
Definitely could be true. I would wonder what those hand-assembly people do in the winter months, though. I would assume that engines can be built up ahead of time. Who knows how many are already available?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the Recaro seats are the same as those in the GT350, in physical size anyway. Interesting as I thought they would have been roomier to match the demographic.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So the Recaro seats are the same as those in the GT350, in physical size anyway. Interesting as I thought they would have been roomier to match the demographic.
I'll keep saying it...they built it to be a road course monster first, impressive straight line/anything else second. The shoe fits.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Does anyone know if a GT500 will be in or near Illinois at any show any time soon??
I would sure like to see one in person.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
If they are, offer the GT350R red highlighted seats. Actually, if-I-were-Ford, I would've put black calipers and interior on the Base or Base + Handling Pack, and used the GT350R red bolstered seats, red calipers on the CFTP (making the latter more R-like, even though it's not a discrete model).

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree wholeheartedly.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
All the matching color stuff fits with the "demographic" you are talking about, though. People will definitely want the car to look just so when they cruise into C&C.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The S197 GT500 Recaro seats allowed someone with a larger frame to be comfortable. The S550 GT350 Recaro seats were a bit tighter. Makes sense. Hence why I thought the 2020 GT500 Recaro may be a little roomier than that of the GT350.
Sponsored