Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
All the matching color stuff fits with the "demographic" you are talking about, though. People will definitely want the car to look just so when they cruise into C&C.
Well, we are all driving street cars, regardless of their effectiveness on track, so yeah, I think most people want a little style in their vehicle, appreciate it looking nice, regardless of how they use it.

I carefully detailed and polished my Z06 and went to a show one weekend, then tore up Roebling Road the next, I don't think it's mutually exclusive. :D
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Did I miss something or what ? I just read the lengthy article in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords about the GT500 and the stainless steel grill in the new GT500. I don't recall anyone mention anything about a stainless steel grill before. The stainless steel grill is going to make the new GT500 have a bonafide Race Car appearance.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well, we are all driving street cars, regardless of their effectiveness on track, so yeah, I think most people want a little style in their vehicle, appreciate it looking nice, regardless of how they use it.

I carefully detailed and polished my Z06 and went to a show one weekend, then tore up Roebling Road the next, I don't think it's mutually exclusive. :D
It's all about priorities. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with wanting a car for C&C or caring a lot about looks/cleanliness/color coordination - spending a bunch of time and money changing cosmetic things, etc. Not my priorities, but I realize I'm an oddball. I'm more focused on driving and using the car rather than cleaning and polishing it or customizing its appearance.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm more focused on driving and using the car rather than cleaning and polishing it or customizing its appearance.
So you drive around a dirty GT350, with flat, scratched up paint, filthy wheels covered in brake dust, "wash me" written into the back window and the floorboards littered with McDs wrappers? Nice!

:crackup:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So you drive around a dirty GT350, with flat, scratched up paint, filthy wheels covered in brake dust, "wash me" written into the back window and the floorboards littered with McDs wrappers? Nice!

:crackup:
I do keep things picked up on the inside, but yes, the wheels are absolutely filthy as is the car. For example, I didn't clean the wheels last fall when I swapped to snow tires and I haven't cleaned them yet this year. So it's been at least 6 months since I cleaned the wheels by hand. It's been through car washes, but they don't really remove the brake dust.

A contributing factor is my long gravel driveway, which really helps to clarify my thinking about cleaning a car and how important that is to me. This time of year it's mostly mud and water all the way. When things dry out it will dust up the car in one trip. So I wash my car really carefully a couple times of year to apply sealant and then the rest of the year it doesn't get cleaned like that.

Car shows are not my thing. REALLY not my thing. Makes no sense to me that someone would want to look at a new car, especially a Mustang.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Not really any new info, but I thought I would post it up.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I wouldn't be sure about the pricing. The pricing she quoted was for a 19 GT350. Rumor has it, she was fired after the event. I cannot confirm that though

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't be sure about the pricing. The pricing she quoted was for a 19 GT350. Rumor has it, she was fired after the event. I cannot confirm that though
You may be right. I hope not but yes, that is the price for a 19 GT350R

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
The first thing that I thought of when I saw that video was that someone was getting fired. Either for leaking the numbers before an official release or completely making up numbers.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name