Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
sure, if you take ot there and want to. thats what you seem to not grasp, its not your call. any car can be anything the owner wants it to be

yup, i dont know anything. silly me :) how dare Ford build a car that can do everything exceptionally well, allowing its owner to buy it for 1 of those tasks as they see fot, and then still have a very comfortable and well mannered car for the rest of the days.. dumb dumb ford. dumb dumb drag racers.. so dumb

i know it wont weight more than a demon

watching full grown men, throw temper tantrums online and try to say a mustang isnt a good drag car, has been the highlight of my week, and im sure many others here :)
No where did I say it’s not drag capable. I said it’s not drag focused. A drag car is designed to be light weight. Not 6 piston calipers, 16.5” rotors, 20” wheels, a million coolers, a 7 speed transmission, etc.

What you fail to realize is this is a multiple capable car.
Drag, track, street, handling, cornering, braking car.
All you talk about is drag racing. You’re to dense to realize that all people are trying to tell your dumbass is that if you want a 1/4 mile car a GT with a blower or turbos would be faster, lighter, cheaper and without the adm and bullshit not needed on a street / drag car.
So instead you want to take a $100k car (including the adm) remove the 20” wheels, big brakes, weight reduction, modify the drivetrain / engine, put smaller brakes on that are needed for 18” or smaller wheels for drag tires.
It’s your car. Do as you wish. Tune and build the shit out of it. It’s just a mustang like you said. Only difference is, it’s not like any mustang you ever had or worked on.
Your a cobble mechanic that turns wrenches under the back yard tree with all the answers.

I’m just gonna stand by and laugh my ass off when it goes wrong and your crooked ass try’s to file a warranty claim and get busted. You constantly spew how much more you know than everyone else and seem to think you have all the answers. So stop talking and just do it!

Be the first to tune, modify, and build your nice shiny GT500 and go set the fastest 1/4 mile times. Please. Impress me!
You’re entertaining.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Of note, his regional rep stated that dealers will only get one allocation in the first production year. That could mean only around 3,000 cars for 2020. Buckle down as if this is indeed the case, ADM's are going to be through the roof.
Holy shit, one per dealer will be a buyer bloodbath :D

A buddy of mine on the Gulf Coast has a "verbal agreement" with his dealer for $1000 over (I guess there was some kind of "has to include ADM" situation, so he said, OK I'll give you a grand over. He has an HVAC company and buys a decent number of Ford work vehicles. It'll be interesting to see how quickly sales drones backpedal where there's no written agreement.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Of note, his regional rep stated that dealers will only get one allocation in the first production year. That could mean only around 3,000 cars for 2020. Buckle down as if this is indeed the case, ADM's are going to be through the roof.
I can't wait to see how much ADM is going to fly on to GT500 window stickers ... should be real entertaining.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I can't wait to see how much ADM is going to fly on to GT500 window stickers ... should be real entertaining.
A very large and high volume local dealer to me has got a 19 R available and is still asking $20k adm. I can only imagine what the 500 is going to be. My guess, $30-35k

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
A very large and high volume local dealer to me has got a 19 R available and is still asking $20k adm. I can only imagine what the 500 is going to be. My guess, $30-35k
Theres going to be a lot more 500s available. Sure we will see some crazy ADMs at first, but I think a lot of people will get these at sticker

Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Theres going to be a lot more 500s available. Sure we will see some crazy ADMs at first, but I think a lot of people will get these at sticker
Really? Who says they’ll make a lot more 500’s?
You realize how many 350’s there are?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
My Ford dealer who I own a business and have purchased a lot of vehicles will not answer my question. He and I have a good relationship and I have asked him just recently about the GT500....? He said he would like to see a local person get one...but people are calling me every week....blah blah blah. He claims people are offering 50k plus over retail if they can have one. Pretty ridiculous and I will sit it out and enjoy my GT.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The dealer I'm working with contacted me yesterday. The GT500 program should be announced at the end of the month. He says performance numbers (HP, etc) and allocation information will be provided.

So your information is partially correct. Dealers are scheduled to receive their GT500 allocation info by the end of April. Dealers that participate in the GT500 program will get at least one. Then based on a variety of sales factors a dealer might receive additional allocation. There will be way more than 3000 GT500 built in 2020.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
So your information is partially correct. Dealers are scheduled to receive their GT500 allocation info by the end of April. Dealers that participate in the GT500 program will get at least one. Then based on a variety of sales factors a dealer might receive additional allocation. There will be way more than 3000 GT500 built in 2020.
Where do you people get your news info?
Who said “way more than 3000? How do you know?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Normally that would be the case regarding additional allocations. That isn't what I'm hearing at this time. Out of curiosity, did you hear what you stated, specifically, or are you basing it on prior years of the allocation methodology from Ford?

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Where do you people get your news info?
Who said “way more than 3000? How do you know?
Normally that would be the case regarding additional allocations. That isn't what I'm hearing at this time. Out of curiosity, did you hear what you stated, specifically, or are you basing it on prior years of the allocation methodology from Ford?
I can’t get into specifics at this time to protect my source as I don’t want anything traced back to them. Just know many dealers will get more than one and there will be far more than 3,000 built in the first model year. I’m sorry I can’t share more at this time. Good thing is everyone will know in a few weeks!

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I can’t get into specifics at this time to protect my source as I don’t want anything traced back to them. Just know many dealers will get more than one and there will be far more than 3,000 built in the first model year. I’m sorry I can’t share more at this time. Good thing is everyone will know in a few weeks!
Yeah some dealers might get more than one because there are only about 3000 ford dealers in the us. Many don’t sell SVT / ford performance vehicles so other dealers may get 2. But I don’t believe more than 3000 will be built this year. That’s a long stretch imo

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Two things come to mind:

1) If ford follows release dates as specified 3000 will likely be maximum. They will not produce track pack models for four months over the winter. This leaves a small window in 2019 to actually get a track pack.

2) ford will just pound out base and handling packages. 5000-6000 produced, and arriving on lots sept.

I’m guessing the second.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Two things come to mind:

1) If ford follows release dates as specified 3000 will likely be maximum. They will not produce track pack models for four months over the winter. This leaves a small window in 2019 to actually get a track pack.

2) ford will just pound out base and handling packages. 5000-6000 produced, and arriving on lots sept.

I’m guessing the second.
Don’t forget they’ll make 300 convertibles and 1000 manual transmission GT500’s.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red