Sponsored

What’s your plan when your warranty expires?

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
My ford warranty “kind of “ went out of the window with the flex tune and definitely did once the whipple went on .

Billet OPG/ CS are hopefully a “sort of “ warranty but if that fails , I have this .
ECE5354F-F573-4BC0-8E2F-362AAAE0D48B.jpeg
36128CF8-A928-4C70-8712-DF570DD37466.jpeg
61660D18-2DE1-4A5F-A029-E0429FD9C2B5.jpeg

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I don't even have my '19 yet but plan to extend w/ a ford esp prior to 36 months being up, just need to get a feel of how many miles i will put on it each year before deciding which plan to buy. Not as sure I would buy the extended if I wasn't planning on tracking it regularly, but since I am, seems like good insurance!!!
not sure but...don't think extended warranty will help with off-road track event issue. of course it comes down to who, what, where? one reason "track pack" was replaced with "performance package" title was the implication that track driving was under warranty. it wasn't.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
not sure but...don't think extended warranty will help with off-road track event issue. of course it comes down to who, what, where? one reason "track pack" was replaced with "performance package" title was the implication that track driving was under warranty. it wasn't.
everything i've read/heard is that as long as it's not "competition" it's covered. The manual specifies track corner speeds at which the gurney flap is most effective lol, I don't think they can avoid the built for track driving aspect.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Im not even sure what point you are trying to make. An extended warranty can make perfect sense depending on your situation and can make more sense than not having one.

You could argue a price point that makes sense.
An extended warranty is an insurance policy with 33% of your premium going to general company expenses. The remaining 67% goes to claims.

Not all claims are covered when you read the insurance policy. I read them (most buyers don't read the contract), and they are written by lawyers for lawyers. You will have an obligation to surrender your car to them so they can inspect it.

Under the terms of the policy, they don't cover your driving mistakes. Yes, they will cover for broken parts caused in the normal operation of the vehicle. If a Ford part failed, you are good to go.

If you drop a valve during a normal HPDE experience, they will pay to pull the head to fix the valve. $1000? Will they replace the piston which may have certainly got damage as well as maybe the crank? No. If it runs OK, you will be on the road again with a possible weak piston and damage to the flat-plan crank (or crank bearings or both).

The warranty company will report the fix to the CarFax database where a new owner will wonder about any other damage.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
An extended warranty is an insurance policy with 33% of your premium going to general company expenses. The remaining 67% goes to claims.

Not all claims are covered when you read the insurance policy. I read them (most buyers don't read the contract), and they are written by lawyers for lawyers. You will have an obligation to surrender your car to them so they can inspect it.

Under the terms of the policy, they don't cover your driving mistakes. Yes, they will cover for broken parts caused in the normal operation of the vehicle. If a Ford part failed, you are good to go.

If you drop a valve during a normal HPDE experience, they will pay to pull the head to fix the valve. $1000? Will they replace the piston which may have certainly got damage as well as maybe the crank? No. If it runs OK, you will be on the road again with a possible weak piston and damage to the flat-plan crank (or crank bearings or both).

The warranty company will report the fix to the CarFax database where a new owner will wonder about any other damage.

1) Ford to date replaces engines it doesnt fix them this may change at some point
2) Ford does not report repairs to carfax
3) Id only expect Fords warranty to cover ford parts not the parts on my chevy truck.
4) I know how insurances works I am guessing you made up those % but im not sure why that is relevant.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've also read or heard that with these extended/afterthought warranties, you are extremely limited on maintenance, oil changes, and things like that? To the point that they sometimes or often require you to pay, or have it performed at certain shops or authorized dealers? The manufacturer can't make you do that obviously, but if you knowingly enter into a contract agreement with one of these aftermarket warranties, it seems like that might hold up. Not sure, just asking.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I've also read or heard that with these extended/afterthought warranties, you are extremely limited on maintenance, oil changes, and things like that? To the point that they sometimes or often require you to pay, or have it performed at certain shops or authorized dealers? The manufacturer can't make you do that obviously, but if you knowingly enter into a contract agreement with one of these aftermarket warranties, it seems like that might hold up. Not sure, just asking.
It varies if you get a "FORD" warranty you can pick what is covered and what is not. If you want you can extend full coverage on the vehicle. It really depends I find with older cars there is often guess work about what is exactly wrong so if Im not doing the work my self id rather have the car under a warranty. It really depends on the cost.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The prices aren't too bad if you don't use the car much. That's my biggest issue. If you actually drive the car the warranty prices are sky high.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My ford warranty “kind of “ went out of the window with the flex tune and definitely did once the whipple went on .

Billet OPG/ CS are hopefully a “sort of “ warranty but if that fails , I have this .
ECE5354F-F573-4BC0-8E2F-362AAAE0D48B.jpeg
36128CF8-A928-4C70-8712-DF570DD37466.jpeg
61660D18-2DE1-4A5F-A029-E0429FD9C2B5.jpeg
How much did that set you back? I want one too.

Sponsored

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
what is the point of this?

I notice you love coming here (gt350 forum) to express your frustration and hate. Whats wrong with you? Are you frustrated you don't have the money to afford 60k car? or you just sad with your life and use this forum to compensate?

you just bought a 30k base GT, just be happy and enjoy your car. If you are not happy, clearly you are not, use this energy to work harder, make more money and buy whatever you feel you really want.

Just stop being an as$, NomaDick.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is this Ford Protect you guys are talking about? I literally just got a brochure in the mail today.

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was wondering what people plan to do when their warranty expires since several people should be coming up on theirs soon. With the cost of these motors being high and the rate people have had them replaced under warranty I am wondering if a lot of people plan to sell, seek out a third party warranty, just send it?

If you plan to extend your warranty who are you planning on using?
Keep floggin’ a couple more years then trade up to next great mustang ... hoping for ecobooster twin turbo 5.0 w/DI bone stock GT making 600 hp and getting 25 mpg

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Maybe full length headers, tune.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Keep floggin’ a couple more years then trade up to next great mustang ... hoping for ecobooster twin turbo 5.0 w/DI bone stock GT making 600 hp and getting 25 mpg
I would hope that a TT 5.0 would make a heck of a lot more than 600 hp. If 600 hp were the goal, it would probably be more like a 4 liter or even smaller.
Sponsored