Sponsored

Ford ProCal tune and Ford ESP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Anyone who has both. What has been your dealership experience for warranty work?

I can't find an answer anywhere

I have premium care ESP but want to know before I buy powerpack 2 for my 2016 GT.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anyone who has both. What has been your dealership experience for warranty work?

I can't find an answer anywhere

I have premium care ESP but want to know before I buy powerpack 2 for my 2016 GT.

Thanks!
I’m not sure what your question really is - but the below may help you out. It’s all direct facts from Ford. I had posted it in another sub-forum on here relating to questions about how the Ford Performance Tune Warranty coincides with the factory 3/36 New Car Warranty:

——
The Ford Performance Pack Warranty starts from the point of the Authorized Ford Install date and picks up FROM the original New Car Warranty in Service Date.

Meaning, if you’re already 10k into your 3/36, the Tune is only warrantied for 26k miles.

Quote taken from 1st paragraph of Ford Performance Tune Warranry disclaimer:
This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Taken from the Ford Performance website:
Ford Performance and mountune® Power Packs, Handling Packs and select components for Mustangs, Fiesta, Focus, and F-150
Ford Performance and mountune Performance Packs and Components are warrantied for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Click Here for Performance Pack Limited Warranty details.
The complete and full Warranty Disclosure regarding Ford Performance Tunes is found on Page 1 of the below link (read all the fine print):
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
He's asking about the EXTENDED warranty not the OEM. Just to clarify...
OP, I had the same question and no one at Ford warranty could answer it.
Couldn't get a straight answer from them and didn't buy the warranty.
No one knows the answer.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
He's asking about the EXTENDED warranty not the OEM. Just to clarify...
OP, I had the same question and no one at Ford warranty could answer it.
Couldn't get a straight answer from them and didn't buy the warranty.
No one knows the answer.

Spot on! That’s the loophole. I called ford to get an answer but even they didn’t know how to respond. The internet doesn’t have an answer either. I want to get the power pack 2 and install on my own but if it voids the extended warranty, it’ll be worthless.

Looks like ford didn’t think of it when drafting the contract

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Maybe this will help some more.

Based on the wording of the Ford Performance docs, the Ford Performance Packs (regardless of platform) are only warranted from the Ford New Car 3/36 Warranty, period.

Any extended warranty doesn’t kick in until the 3/36 has expired.

The fact is if you buy an ESP that is 5/100, then really you’re buying: 2 years/64k, which ever comes first.

The ESP (or any other extended warranty plan) does not run in conjunction with the Ford New Car 3/36 bumper to bumper. If there is warranty work needed, the 3/36 gets applied first, regardless of what warranty extension was purchased.

That’s why it’s best when shopping the ESP or Extended Warranty plans to get the ones that have the most mileage offering (ie: 100, 120 or 150k).

The Ford New Car Powertrain Warranty is 5/60 - which covers a lot for those that don’t read the fine print. None of the Ford Performance Packs are based on the 5/60, they are solely based on the 3/36 (at least form all docs published).

I think you would be fine with getting an ESP and having the Ford Tune.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it isn't in writing it doesn't exist.
Ford dropped the ball with this example of poor communications.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Maybe this will help some more.

Based on the wording of the Ford Performance docs, the Ford Performance Packs (regardless of platform) are only warranted from the Ford New Car 3/36 Warranty, period.

Any extended warranty doesn’t kick in until the 3/36 has expired.

The fact is if you buy an ESP that is 5/100, then really you’re buying: 2 years/64k, which ever comes first.

The ESP (or any other extended warranty plan) does not run in conjunction with the Ford New Car 3/36 bumper to bumper. If there is warranty work needed, the 3/36 gets applied first, regardless of what warranty extension was purchased.

That’s why it’s best when shopping the ESP or Extended Warranty plans to get the ones that have the most mileage offering (ie: 100, 120 or 150k).

The Ford New Car Powertrain Warranty is 5/60 - which covers a lot for those that don’t read the fine print. None of the Ford Performance Packs are based on the 5/60, they are solely based on the 3/36 (at least form all docs published).

I think you would be fine with getting an ESP and having the Ford Tune.
Thanks!

My 2016 is a weekend driver. Annual miles about 5-6k. I got 8 years 60k warranty premium through my company’s tie up with Ford. I didn’t pay for it.

If I get the power pack 2, I will install on my own. My only concern is this grey area where it doesn’t specify what happens to premium care plan should you opt to install on your own. Do they honor the warranty then?

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
If it isn't in writing it doesn't exist.
Ford dropped the ball with this example of poor communications.
Exactly! They didn’t think it through when drafting the agreement. I read through my whole contract just to find a clause relating to power packs.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The argument could be that they are manufacturer parts, just not "as built".
These FP parts we have are factory floor parts, just tested and repackaged by FP.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
The argument could be that they are manufacturer parts, just not "as built".
These FP parts we have are factory floor parts, just tested and repackaged by FP.

Yeah I see that side as well. But still want to know the legality of it

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I see that side as well. But still want to know the legality of it
Although I couldn't answer your question, I share your frustration.
But, I'll tell you this, you'll love the Pack 2.
Just be aware you may hear the throttle body close in a quiet garage after you shut the car off.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Although I couldn't answer your question, I share your frustration.
But, I'll tell you this, you'll love the Pack 2.
Just be aware you may hear the throttle body close in a quiet garage after you shut the car off.

Got it! Is the filter dry or oil?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't tell you. Weekend car. It doesn't go out in the rain. It's getting paid off waiting for my retirement.
Sponsored