Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
what we need is a V6 ecoboost. "3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 that produces 450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque." With a manual transmission.
Then we might as well have a GT EcoBoost option too. :like:
Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list of people who would have bought the V6 if I didn't get the GT. I don’t trust the long term reliability of these turbo engines and I’d bet that in a lot of situations the V6 actually matches or beats the fuel economy of the EB.
Same reason why I went with the V6 over the EB. I average 24mpg overall city and highway. I think that’s great for a 300hp coupe daily driver.

Etienne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 magnetic mt 3.55
I bought it because i wanted for the winter and slippy situations a V6 RWD that come stock with a lsd and except the hyaundai genesis there was no other options in the price range. I tried the brz but it lack power and im too tall. There is the 370z but it 2015 it was 10k more than the mustang and it came with a vlsd.

I rather have a v6 that i can drive all year long and beat it in major snowstorm and rain than a gt that see only perfect weather.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it because i wanted for the winter and slippy situations a V6 RWD that come stock with a lsd and except the hyaundai genesis there was no other options in the price range. I tried the brz but it lack power and im too tall. There is the 370z but it 2015 it was 10k more than the mustang and it came with a vlsd.

I rather have a v6 that i can drive all year long and beat it in major snowstorm and rain than a gt that see only perfect weather.
GT does just fine in winter with some blizzaks.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why would you choose the 5.0 when there's a 5.2? Not meaning to nag but like, my GT350 is like, so much more like, engaging and like superior. Like why would you choose the weakest like V8? Like seriously?

Bro...

Wanna know why V6 over Ecoboost?

upload_2019-3-23_13-36-18.png

That's why....

Close this stupid ass thread please.

@Moderator

Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wut? I drive a supercharged GT during the winter and live in the middle of nowhere.... zero problems.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Screw that. That’s what jeeps are for.:like:

Etienne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 magnetic mt 3.55
Wut? I drive a supercharged GT during the winter and live in the middle of nowhere.... zero problems.
in winter i see few v6/ ecoobost but i rarely see a gt. In the summer there is a lot of gt so i came to the conclusion that a lot of gt owner keep them inside during bad weather.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
in winter i see few v6/ ecoobost but i rarely see a gt. In the summer there is a lot of gt so i came to the conclusion that a lot of gt owner keep them inside during bad weather.
Ah, I see what you were saying. To me, your original post read as they can't drive in the snow. Lol. I've seen a number of GT's out during winter near Kitchener and closer to Toronto.. but not many near me.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Because 300 hp is plenty of power for a daily driver and the individual likes non boring cars like a Mustang.
PS. I also have a V6 challenger and It is by no means slow, and anyone who thinks it is has never seen an original muscle car run.

Last edited:

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Because 300 hp is plenty of power for a daily driver and and the individual likes non boring cars like a Mustang.
PS. I also have a V6 challenger and It is by no means slow, and anyone who thinks it is has never seen an original muscle car run.
Yeah, 15 second 1/4 miles...

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yeah, 15 second 1/4 miles...

Closer to 14.

By the way Mikethehun - they will laugh at the GT performance figures in the future. I had 2 fox body 5.0s and did the same stuff you are doing now. The S550 V6 is a bit faster than those old cars and a whopping 15 miles faster in top speed, but they were some of the fastest on the street back then.

Just saying.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.