cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Reliability, cool daily driver, 87 octane, and NA engine. Plus I got my 6r80 with 4300 for 20k.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Probably the most reliable engine of the three. I can’t recall reading any posts of a V6 having the tick, piston slap, eco boom, etc.
I don't know why but the whole "Venom kills Demons" quotes jumped into mind from reading that and uh, a cyclone can definitely kill a coyote. Completely random though lol

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't know why but the whole "Venom kills Demons" quotes jumped into mind from reading that and uh, a cyclone can definitely kill a coyote. Completely random though lol
True, a varmint is no match for mother nature. But your post reminds me of the Cheers episode where Diane won the football pool by betting on the team who's namesake was tougher than the other team's. example: football is played on dry land so a Dolphin was no match for a Bear. LoL

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is full of GT owners attitude. Mods shut this down:giggle:

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
You can win a drag race against a GT if you have some smarts and have some skill.

But you can’t be intimidated. Race them and be pleasantly surprised. :rockon:

Ok, I tried to bite my tongue here but couldn’t. You must be talking about racing an inexperienced woman driver, driving a manual, who’s only ever driven an auto, with a rolling start. Ya, I just said that !
I have a tuned Explorer Sport that has smoked V6 S550’s ( in Mexico of course). I won’t even mention my GT. No offense but this comment is laughable at best.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not S550 related but I chose the V6 for my 2011. When the 2011s first came out I test drove a GT and was totally underwhelmed by the stock handling. So I forgot about it. Then well into the model year I read about the V6 Performance Package. So I hit the dealer again and it was a night and day difference in handling. I virtually always special order but since it was too late to order a 2011 and too early to order a 2012 (if Ford didn't kill or neuter it), I managed to find an acceptable color and options and bought it. I suspect a Brembo package GT would have come close to the handling of the V6 PP but dealer didn't have any plus I had already mentally rejected the GT. I even liked that the V6 was slightly more high performance than the V8. The V6 put out more power per cubic inch with the same gas. Just a tiny bit more but still....

Money had nothing to do with it. I paid cash and could just as easily have paid cash for a new Ferrari. I do like value though and the 2011 V6 PP was a better value than a 2011 GT, at least a non-Brembo package GT.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I have a tuned Explorer Sport that has smoked V6 S550’s
Yes, comparing an AWD setup and turbo engine with a tune is completely fair :cwl:. Tuned 3.5 Eco should be putting out around 360-380rwhp, FBO 3.7L will be 300.

Not arguing that Fatguy goes overboard in trying to argue a V6 will beat Coyotes regularly (though we can beat em from a dig, but they'll quickly catch up and reckless driving with traffic is always a drivers race).

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford had offered the goodies with the 3.7 on the S550, I would have bought one years ago. My Mustang club has mostly 5.0 S550, a few V6s, and no Ecoboosts. We also have two Gt350 and one 350R. We accept that the Ecoboost has virtues, but the Cyclone is the more reliable engine for daily drivers.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Ok, I tried to bite my tongue here but couldn’t. You must be talking about racing an inexperienced woman driver, driving a manual, who’s only ever driven an auto, with a rolling start. Ya, I just said that !
I have a tuned Explorer Sport that has smoked V6 S550’s ( in Mexico of course). I won’t even mention my GT. No offense but this comment is laughable at best.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
I would take the V6 over the EB. It's a shame they phased it out and positioned it as the 'base model'
This. Chevy did it right and actually upgraded the V6....Ford is stupid.

And to answer why a V6 over the EB? Sound, full power on 87 octane, cheaper and it actually makes power throughout the whole rev range... Oh and reliability....the 3.7 engines are absolutely bulletproof.

The main reason I sold my V6, is because the automatic transmission was horrible. Had it been a manual, I would still be driving it today.

Sponsored

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
They’ll never make a twin turbo v6 stang. If they did no one would buy the V8’s. This is an old discussion. You’d have to give the V6 TT less than 400hp

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
The cyclone was a great engine. It’s truly a shame that we no longer have that option in the mustang.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
You can win a drag race against a GT if you have some smarts and have some skill.

But you can’t be intimidated. Race them and be pleasantly surprised. :rockon:
You’re being a silly goose.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
I would take the V6 over the EB. It's a shame they phased it out and positioned it as the 'base model'
Same here, definitely the V6 over the little EB.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
The V6 sounds way better than the Ecoboost. The 4 cyl just sounds like crap to me. If I was choosing between both I definitely would have gone with the V6

But then then I drove the V8 and it sounds better than the others.

Honestly, I’d be happy with any of them. Had I bought a V6 I wouldn’t have car payments right now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.