bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You can win a drag race against a GT if you have some smarts and have some skill.

But you can’t be intimidated. Race them and be pleasantly surprised. :rockon:
Dont be silly.
Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
So, what is your reasoning?
2016 GT 435 hp/400 tq
2018 GT 460 hp/420 tq

Why would you buy a 2016 GT when you could have bought a 2018 GT? What is your reasoning?

Last edited:

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
2016 GT 435 hp/400 tq
2018GT 460 hp/420 tq

Why would you buy a 2016 GT when you could have bought a 2018 GT? What is your reasoning?
The Ford GT makes 647 hp and 550 lb⋅ft of torque, why would you buy a MUSTANG GT when you can get the real GT? I hope this is where the thread is going...

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Dont be silly.

You need to buy “Fatguy’s Secrets of Street Racing: Volume IV”.

Here is one quote from the helpful tips chapter:

“When racing against cars with more power, always stay on the left side. Parked cars and slower traffic along with buses and such may be in his lane but far enough ahead to not be a perceived threat in their mind. So now all you have to do is stay somewhere at their side so they can’t get in front of you as they run out of road. When that happens try to make eye contact and smile as they are forced to hit the brakes and move into your lane literally kissing your car’s ass!

The first time that is successful you are obligated to utter the phrase: “I did it for Fatguy - Hell Yah Brother!” Then make sure he does not follow you to your destination as he may try to kick, gouge, or scratch your car after being humiliated...”

Copyright 2019 - Fatguy

Fatguy Publications
Toronto | London.

————————-

Disclaimer: only use techniques of Fatguy’s Secrets of Street Racing on approved close course simulations. Safety first!

Last edited:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The Ford GT makes 647 hp and 550 lb⋅ft of torque, why would you buy a MUSTANG GT when you can get the real GT? I hope this is where the thread is going...

Too expensive and already sold out...

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I drove multiple versions of all three engines, and in order of overall fun to drive (handling, power, sound) I ranked them:

GT PP
GT
V6 M/T w/051a and 3.55 gears
EB M/T PP
V6 w/ 3.15 gears
EB base

The V6 with the most options it could have in 2015 was better to me than an EB PP, despite lacking a bit of handling sharpness. It sounds way better, has a nice smooth powerband, and loves to rev, which is really nicely accentuated by the 3.55 axle. I liked it enough that I actually had ordered one. I realized I was being too much of a cheapass and decided to go with the GT instead, but I still like that cyclone. Had Ford not tried to steer the market and let the V6 have the same packages/options, it would've sold very well.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I looked a new base V6 manual a couple years ago. It was marked down to $19,995. That’s why I was interested. Great price. Ended up not buying it but could understand why someone else would.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
First off, don’t street race people. It’s just irresponsible. And could get your license taken away. Second, I could see why someone would take the v6 over the EB. NA power to me feels better than turbo power. If there’s one thing the EB has is turbo lag. Doesn’t really kick in until about 3000 rpms. Don’t get me wrong, I love my EB it’s a blast. And I do love turbo G force. I think all the mustang engine platforms have their advantages. I think ford should bring the v6 back.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I don't mean to nag anyone about their purchase but it's something that literally makes no sense to me. The V6 S550 has the least power and least torque and 2nd best fuel mileage out of all of the new S550s...

Let's go off pre-2018 since I own a 2016.

GT = 435hp/400tq - I average about 14-18 mpgs
EB = 310hp/350tq - Can easily see 28-30 mpgs
V6 - 300hp/280tq - But why?

The EB is probably the easiest to make power with because turbo duh!
The V8 is obviously the most fun and sounds the best, until your EB has 550tq? Idk

So, what is your reasoning?
Because - believe it or not - it's not always just about engine power and straight line acceleration.

You also don't appear to have a very good grasp of turbocharging and what you generally give up to get those big-power bragging numbers. I'm now on my second turbo car, mainly chosen in both cases for transmission availability with decent power. Neither purchase was about "having turbo power" for the sake of having turbo power. At all. I do notice having to "drive around" a couple of turbo idiosyncracies every time they show up.

I think you should look through this R&T article, paying particular attention to the turbo lag torture test (hint: big turbo power sometimes isn't all it's cracked up to be).

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/reviews/a6306/2015-subaru-wrx-vs-sti/

The best cure I've heard of for turbo lag is extremely abusive on the turbocharger(s) themselves, as the turbo Camaro team found out during last year's SCCA Solo campaign.

In both cases I'd have preferred the 3.6-ish liter NA sixxer over the smaller-displacement turbo motors.

Norm

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
What I’m excited to see for the future of turbo cars is car company’s using electric motors to boost low end instant power until the turbskie kicks in. How neat would that be.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
what we need is a V6 ecoboost. "3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 that produces 450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque." With a manual transmission.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You say in your post that the 2016 Ecoboost came as 310/350 when it actually came with 310/320, the boost didn't come until 2018 and with that I probably would have gotten an Ecoboost instead but back to back driving them both at the dealership, I preferred the feel of the V6 over it. Felt all around better whether it was pulling off from the light or accelerating once already going. Plus it came out a bit cheaper and the power is rating for 87 instead of 93 like the Eco. Once you start doing light mods, the Eco has the easier potential, but if you go all out, the V6 is the better base to begin with. Turbo kit will easily throw you up to the 500s to the wheel on pump gas, reliably. I don't know if I'll ever take mine that far or just ride it out as is now (FBO minus the driveshaft) for another 3-4 years and upgrade from there.

I'll never know for sure if the Eco I test drove was on 87 or 93 though, that's one of the things I wonder but all I can tell you is that back to back, the Eco felt worse.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
First off, don’t street race people. It’s just irresponsible. And could get your license taken away.

You are correct sir.

So I’ve added the caveat to only use my secrets of street racing on closed course simulations.

Now you may ask: But Fatguy how to I get the Mustang GT dude in the right lane if he is in the left? Well in the chapter titled “Tracking Characteristics of the Mustang GT Driver” you will see that all you have to do is quickly come up on the GT on his right and the zoom in behind him on the left. The GT driver will become full of confidence and deliberately go into the right lane to initiate a race or intimidation. As he does this without evaluating the street you will probably get lucky and he is f**ked with a capital “F”.

When the GT floors it and sees trouble ahead he will lift. So even if he is supercharged he won’t chance hitting other vehicles and such at full acceleration! He will have to slow and take it up the ass that he lost to a V6. A little humility is good for the soul.

You can win at his game!

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Probably the most reliable engine of the three. I can’t recall reading any posts of a V6 having the tick, piston slap, eco boom, etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.