Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If it's as slow as any other new Ford revelation (*cough Bronco, cough GT500*), it'll be a while....

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Somewhere the FoMoCo Twitter account person is laughing their ass off.

And Ford's crack team of accountants are screwing up something the engineers designed.

Sponsored

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
Some of the replies from Tesla fans makes me want to punch babies. Tesla is definitely forward thinking but when a company needs 18 pieces of plastic compared to Ford using one for an inner fender liner because they have idiots for engineers, I would have to disagree Tesla is ahead of Ford in any way.

I live in Tesla heaven where every other car is one of those piles of shit. I have never seen such bad QC. There is a reason every major car rag makes fun of the fit and finish on those things. Our next door neighbor just bought one and I was blown away how terrible that thing is put together.

Last edited:

austexstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Race Red and 1965 Coupe 289
Love it... according to the/Drive, there was a 16 min delay from Tesla during their live-feed of the reveal.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Some of the replies from Tesla fans makes me want to punch babies. Tesla is definitely forward thinking but when a company needs 18 pieces of plastic compared to Ford using one for an inner fender liner because they have idiots for engineers, I would have to disagree Tesla is ahead of Ford in any way.

I live in Tesla heaven where every other car is one of those piles of shit. I have never seen such bad QC. There is a reason every major car rag makes fun of the fit and finish on those things. Our next door neighbor just bought one and I was blown away how terrible that thing is put together.
I’ll just leave this here

upload_2019-3-15_17-33-53.jpeg

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
New Tesla tag line: Tesla; Zero Emissions, Zero Quality.
I don’t know when this turned into Tesla bashing but as I spend a significant amount of time reading about their quality issues so I present this.

upload_2019-3-15_17-43-6.jpeg

They offered two different styles of black. Gave this guy mismatched panels.

Last edited:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Ford posted this to their Twitter at the same time as the Tesla model Y unveiling.

View attachment 347943

I went gaga about this last year when they showed the electric pony and everyone turned on me like a pack of wolves - because I was enthusiastic about a high torque Mustang EV.

Let’s hope it is not the bastard Mach 1. And no this may not be a joke because the Model Y was a crossover.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I went gaga about this last year when they showed the electric pony and everyone turned on me like a pack of wolves - because I was enthusiastic about a high torque Mustang EV.

Let’s hope it is not the bastard Mach 1. And no this may not be a joke because the Model Y was a crossover.
It's almost certainly the "Mach E" they're teasing. It's definitely coming before a full EV Mustang does, and being a crossover, it'll be a direct competitor to the Model Y, hence the "hold your horses" to those wanting to pre-order. Why they plan to put the Mustang pony on it, I don't know. It'll be interesting to see how the early 2020s pan out.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
OP
OP
nrc

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If it's as slow as any other new Ford revelation (*cough Bronco, cough GT500*), it'll be a while....
That's what I would have tweeted back at them if I hadn't been blocked from Twitter for telling some blogger pretending to be a journalist to "learn to code."

That and to say that if they sully the Mustang name with anything like an CUV I'm done with them. Well, except maybe for one more Mustang before they're gone.
Sponsored