Sponsored

What's in your cup holder

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
With a manual, I find the front cupholder easier to shift with when a coffee cup is in it. Back one hits the elbow and that drives me nuts
Try it with a RHD - we get the same LHD console ... lol

WD :like:
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
With a manual, I find the front cupholder easier to shift with when a coffee cup is in it. Back one hits the elbow and that drives me nuts
I have to tuck my elbow in and shift with the tips of my fingers. I've designated the back one the passenger cup holder. I suppose I'm used to it but this is the most awkward center console I've ever owned. My elbow also wants to rest just ahead of all of the padding on the hard part behind the cup holder.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Wow, you're lucky you have somewhere to run your car; funny only Kauai, Maui & Big Island has drag strips and such; we poor guys have nearly a million people and no race track anywhere. That's Honolulu for you!
When I was living there 01-04 there was a drag strip at Barbers Point....closed now I suppose? That sucks. Cant race on H-1

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I won't assume to know your situation, however. We run in a crappy uneven parking lot, don't get me wrong, I love that crappy uneven parking lot. Is there a chance you and your buddies can find a space beg the owner to let ya'll put up cones and go for it? Just asking.
Nah, we don't have any open spaces like that here, real estate is out-of-this-world everywhere but not a lot of open spaces here. I'm sure the Big Island has much more open areas to play in though the south and west side has a lot of lava fields. Last time I was there was a few years ago so don't know how much change there's been (last visited a friend who lived south of Kailua-Kona in a subdivision that had a long, long road going uphill and all the lots there were lava rock/cinders. He had his own water catchment and stuff for his plants though I assume they had utilities there like water, sewer and electricity.)

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
When I was living there 01-04 there was a drag strip at Barbers Point....closed now I suppose? That sucks. Cant race on H-1
Yeah, sometimes we'd have a 808coyotes cruise and we can open it up a bit on H-3 on the way over and back. The national Mustang cruise the other month was cool as we got to see everything from the first generation ('65-66) to current models; someone even had a Cobra (not a Mustang Cobra).

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
This Yeti 30oz tumbler locks into the rear cup holder perfectly. Super snug. It's not doing you any favors in the manual transmission cars, quite a reach. That seems to be the case with must cups in these cars. But definitely great for the A10. Zero spillage.

20220725_180959.jpg

20220725_180858.jpg

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
TentacleKitty.PNG

Meet TentacleKitty (my forum username). TentacleKitty has been the constant riding companion in both my previous 2015 GT, and now my new 2022 GT. I got TentacleKitty years ago from a vendor at a local Comic Con show. They are available online here:

https://www.toynk.com/products/tentacle-kitty-little-ones-4-inch-plush-teal
This guy needs no introduction (maybe if you're younger than fitty). He's been my wingmascot for 25+ years, won him at a carnival in L.A. somewhere. Who Ride? We Ride!
1659127947955.jpeg

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Back in my wilder dumber days if had cup holders would have been tall Bud or Jack n Coke :rockon: today is Water , Gatorade or diet Mt Dew 👨‍🦳

20220730_122826  cup.jpg

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Try it with a RHD - we get the same LHD console ... lol

I've never driven a RHD car, but I think shifting with my left hand would probable be the thing I would find hardest to get used to. I bet I would be all over the place never getting the gates right 🤣

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Are the pedals the same or reversed in RHD cars?

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
To be honest, never even occurred to me that the cup might get in the way of shifting, so I guess it doesn't :) But I never tried the back one.

I always use the front cup holder in any car I am driving (assuming cup holders lined up front to back). I find the rear cup holder harder to drop the cup in while I am driving since my elbow hots the arm rest.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
PXL_20220730_214920726.jpg

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
A nod to its birthplace :

1658619073065.jpeg

2F018F10-817D-44ED-96F5-8A43B28AF313.jpeg

Thanks mate, just got mine today. I like the little touch it adds to the interior.
I did notice that the rear cup holder is a little bit smaller than the front cup holder. I only noticed when I was installing these because usually I have the Mustang ashtray in the rear cup, where I store my coins.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
2F018F10-817D-44ED-96F5-8A43B28AF313.jpeg

Thanks mate, just got mine today. I like the little touch it adds to the interior.
I did notice that the rear cup holder is a little bit smaller than the front cup holder. I only noticed when I was installing these because usually I have the Mustang ashtray in the rear cup, where I store my coins.
Glad you like them :sunglasses:

I recall the slightly different size cup holders. I found that the 'tight' one would hold the inlay snugly one the air had been 'burped' out from under it and I secured the 'loose' one with a circle of 3M VHB placed centrally underneath it :like: