Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I
You need to know what the in service date is , to determine when the car was first sold . That will be registered to Ford . That you will need an oasis report not a car fax . Please read the PM I sent you , I can help you with that .
Sent
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
How do I go about unwinding the deal? Not sure exactly what you mean, and who is the one I need to be taking to, Ford or that dealer.
It's the dealerships baby.... not Ford's

Unwinding the deal is you getting your money back if that's the route you want to take or apply your money to another car.
Use the term "Unwind your deal" .... they should understand what the term means

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I heard of some shady shi* but never heard of a dealer selling a used car and telling the customer it's new! wow!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I heard of some shady shi* but never heard of a dealer selling a used car and telling the customer it's new! wow!
Because It's illegal!
Forget the rebate crap he offered. Car was registered and had a lien on it.
Document your conversations ...
The sales manager should know better as should the f&i mgr who did your docs with you. Talk to him or her as well.
Post your results

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Super shady. I thought the same thing. All the dealers try to talk in a different language that I don’t understand.

My first thought was that since someone else had it before me, it shouldn’t be new. He said it was still new because they returned it, makes no sense to me. I just had the suspicion someone else bought it until he told me, and I pulled the CARFAX that showed it was titled.

I still don’t believe anything they say, but I do believe that since it was purchased before, it should be a lot simpler than me having to go through claims with Ford and BBB.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Because It's illegal!
Forget the rebate crap he offered. Car was registered and had a lien on it.
Document your conversations ...
The sales manager should know better as should the f&i mgr who did your docs with you. Talk to him or her as well.
Post your results
He was saying I got a rebate because Ford still considered it new. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I believe as long as it was never titled it is considered new, it like dealer demos, they put a couple thousand miles on them then sell as new. never titled, they just use dealer plates. not right IMO what they did. . I hope the GM gets you into new car, I'm just hoping it's not to late since your tags are ready. worst case you can probably qualify for buy back fairly easy in the future.

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I believe as long as it was never titled it is considered new, it like dealer demos, they put a couple thousand miles on them then sell as new. never titled, they just use dealer plates. not right IMO what they did. . I hope the GM gets you into new car, I'm just hoping it's not to late since your tags are ready. worst case you can probably qualify for buy back fairly easy in the future.
Tags are ready here, but I haven’t went up there yet. Technically it isn’t tagged yet in my name. It still isn’t showing my registration on the CARFAX.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He was saying I got a rebate because Ford still considered it new. It just doesn’t make sense to me.
Or it was a dealer sponsored "discount"

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From 12/14- 1/22 exceeds the 30 days required in most states to perfect the Lien and title work. Most are done in 20 days due to bankruptcy laws. Any deal done outside the 30 days should be suspect.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
My first thought was that since someone else had it before me, it shouldn’t be new. He said it was still new because they returned it, makes no sense to me. I just had the suspicion someone else bought it until he told me, and I pulled the CARFAX that showed it was titled.
Is there a grace period in your state for "buyer's remorse" returns? Some states allow a week or so for a buyer to return the car. Maybe that's what happened with the original buyer of the car.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I got a good one about dealerships, they’ re the biggest issue with all brands. Time for a good story, my grandparents used to be big time ford people. Now they’re at the age that they’re easily influenced by others. So out of the blue they started buying kias Nevermind the fact that all of their grandkids and most of the family work at a ford plant or have worked for Ford. But anyways they’re now sucking kias dick, and for 4 years all they’ve done is brag about Kia lol. This all ended within the last year . Our local Kia dealer sold my grandfather a brand new sportage that had been in a fender bender on a test drive and didn’t tel him lmfao. Then after they gave him another one after my grandparents baked the GM cookies and sucked his dick. We had the killer polar vortex hit us and my 30 year old ford ranger which i used as a daily finally gave up the ghost. So i borrowed their Kia Sportage to see what was up with the ranger while it was down for the count. The next day it wouldn’t start and i mean it was completely dead the battery wasn’t frozen and it had plenty of charge but even a jump wouldn’t start it. So i called KIA told them to come get this piece of shit out of my drive way, then went down to the only decent ford dealer and bought the last fiesta st as a new daily. Meanwhile back at Kia they told my grandfather that the dome light was on and it had drained the battery which for anyone that know anything about cars will tell you “is total bullshit, that’s the dealer making up an excuse and going we don’t know what happened” so one day a few weeks ago his 2.4 non turbo engine went into limp mode and according to the dealer blew up. And magically they didn’t have any engines in the states and it would take months to sort one. They said it was detonation that caused the engine failure and sited a on going recall even though it’s a 2017 and doesn’t have an effected year. But because the dealer is so honest they got my grandfather into a brand new 2019 and didn’t pay the difference

Dealerships are trash

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You need to know what the in service date is , to determine when the car was first sold . That will be registered to Ford . That you will need an oasis report not a car fax . Please read the PM I sent you , I can help you with that .
OASIS... exactly what I had told the OP he needed in my post (#18 in this thread).

Also, no one should rely on f’n CarFax reports, they are garbage.

Looking at your CarFax report, it’s quite possible the “first” owner is the Dealership, but who the hell knows because CarFax cannot be a trusted source of record. Was the vehicle owner by another Dealership and “traded off” causing the registration events, again who knows. There’s been too many online postings on many sites where CarFax has incomplete, incorrect or totally bogus data recorded on a VIN. Never rely on CarFax reports at all.

Only an OASIS report can confirm when the car was put into service, exactly what service it had and many other pieces of info.

Pony777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
V8 Manual Ruby Red
New to the site. I bought a new 2018 GT Base about 30 days ago, and it is in the shop again for a CEL. First came on about 2500 miles, was cam shaft position sensor. They replaced VCT on bank 2. Left the lot, light came back on within 10 miles. Brought it back, they said cam phasers. I also have a large white cloud that comes out of the exhaust when I idle or sit at a light for too long. Really large cloud that comes out when I give it gas. It evaporate either, it stays in the air.

Come to find out the car was in the shop at the lot before I even bought it, said fuel filled spark plugs, replaced high side injectors on right bank.

Now I find out that my car was sold to someone else, they had an issue, and returned it. The GM called me and said they “accidentally” used my vin on another deal, and I would have a delay in getting my tags. Went out of his way to lie to me, and never told me the car had a work history already.

Car is currently in the shop. I spoke with the new GM at the lot, and he is working to get me a new car, or a way to fix mine.

I am not a car guy really, just loved the new mustangs, and left my F-150 for it. So I could use some pointers on what you guys think I should do.

I guess my main questions would be two things:

1. With the items that are wrong, anyone know what could be causing it, or anything I should be aware of to be semi intelligent and not get run over by the dealership?
2. Anyone know what could be causing this crazy white cloud from my exhaust?
3. What do you think I should do about the vehicle. Since it was previously sold, and fixed before me owning it, do I have any leg to stand on for demanding an actual NEW vehicle? Or is my only option to let them replace the motor, or just continue to fix the issues as they come up? Them purposely lying to me about the VIN and the car being sold and returned, and now the car has been in the shop 3 times before 3000 miles seems to be BS that I shouldn’t have to deal with. Not sure if it’s against the law, or just super shady. The new GM is being really nice, and has mentioned getting me a different vehicle, just would like to know my options in case he does not go that route.

Not really sure my options, and there seem to be really helpful people on here. Hopefully you guys can help me navigate this and not get railroaded by a crooked dealership.
Get it swapped for a new car pronto-you bought a “new” car. It’s really that simple - just my 2 cents from Iz.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
It was an out of state sale, so I just received word yesterday that the tags are ready to be picked up. Since I don’t even have the car, and may end up getting something different, so I haven’t went to pick the tags up yet. Hopefully they do what they say and give me a new car. He said he has located one, now he has to go through the process.
If tags are ready that means it has been titled to you
Sponsored