Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update:

Just got the buyback approved through Ford today, now we start the process with RAV department.

The customer service rep kept telling me they were still diagnosing it last week, then I got pissed off. I told her I haven’t had my car since 2/28, so I could care less what the diagnosis is or what’s wrong with it, I already qualify for the buyback. She said she couldn’t tell me if I did or not, but she could resubmit for approval. 7 days later, it’s approved. I guess she was going to keep trying to tell me they will fix it until I got mad.

In all fairness, I “technically” didn’t qualify for the buyback at first because I hadn’t met the number of repair attempts or had it in the shop over 30 days. The minute I told her that I qualify now, she immediately changed her line of conversation and sent it over for approval.

Hopefully this will help someone, but if you don’t qualify at first, it seems like they won’t resubmit it on their own when you do reach that threshold of qualifying. You will need to understand when you do qualify on your own, they will not tell you when you meet the criteria. Once you know, make sure to press the issue and make them send over for approval when you know you qualify.

I will update everyone when I compete the buyback and post the VIN after it’s all complete.

Thanks for everyone’s help, and all the private messages, really helped me out going through this process. If you all didn’t give me this advice, no telling where I would have gotten ran over in the process. Thanks again!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got my new car a few weeks ago, finally done with it. New car has no issues yet, we’ll see how it goes.

This is the VIN to the old car they bought back.

1FA6P8CF2J5178961

They never really found what was wrong with it. Fuel filled spark plugs first, cam positioning sensor CEL next, multiple cam phasers sticking, fuel rail replaced and the never ending giant white cloud from the exhaust.

Dealership said Ford flew some guy in, and they decided to just send it back to them to look at when they buyback was done.

Thanks everyone. Only took 4 months without my brand new car, but it ended the best it could I guess.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
If you bought it as a new vehicle and it was used, I would definitely say they should get you into a BRAND new car. Once a vehicle is sold, even if returned, it should be classified as a used vehicle. I believe it would be a legal type issue if thats the case.
It doesn't have to be classified as used unless it was titled in most states. If the dealer still had the mso, it was "new"
Sponsored