Sponsored

2021 Mustang GT Refresh Rendering (based on first spyshots)

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They both look great in that colour - it does suit the 18. That photo angle is not bad on the 18, it's when you look at the 18 directly head on that problems arise. I also prefer the more prominent creases in the hood on the 15, don't like the vents in the 18.
Agreed all the way around with you, the vent/hood design is one of my main gripes with the 18. Part of the reason it looks so much more "modern/sleek" is because of the light design. The new light design is great and makes the 15-17 look older.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good job on the rendering, but I really don't think the triangles will be changed at all. If you look closely at the car from different angles, you can see through the cover... the curveature of the cover gives the illusion that the bumper will have a curved look that's completely different, but when you look closer, you see inside a black area that's the same as the triangle that the 18-19 cars have. Here, I outlined the outside corners in red
TRIANGLE.PNG

My guess is that it's a parts bin car that didn't have the turn signals installed already, and they just kinda slapped on some indicators so that they could legally drive it. It's probably more of a powertrain test bed than a cosmetic one

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
And that's the thing - they both have pluses and minuses for different people. I do like the vents over the creases. I'm not a fan of the lower grille of the '18, but I thought the '15s hood was too high and flat. Of the two, the lower grille is the easier fix with aftermarket parts.
Agreed. I fixed my lower grille by just doing a custom job. To me, it just makes the car look 10x better!
custom grille.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good job on the rendering, but I really don't think the triangles will be changed at all. If you look closely at the car from different angles, you can see through the cover... the curveature of the cover gives the illusion that the bumper will have a curved look that's completely different, but when you look closer, you see inside a black area that's the same as the triangle that the 18-19 cars have. Here, I outlined the outside corners in red
TRIANGLE.PNG

My guess is that it's a parts bin car that didn't have the turn signals installed already, and they just kinda slapped on some indicators so that they could legally drive it. It's probably more of a powertrain test bed than a cosmetic one
The triangles still appear to be there (unless thats some cunning cladding under there) but the DO appear to be slightly different.

Here's the Ace's render, plus the original

2021mustang_facelift_by_ace-jpg.jpg

2018-Mustang-563x353.jpg

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The triangles still appear to be there (unless thats some cunning cladding under there) but the DO appear to be slightly different.

Here's the Ace's render, plus the original

2021mustang_facelift_by_ace-jpg.jpg

2018-Mustang-563x353.jpg
See, what I'm seeing through the cladding appears to be the same shape as the current triangle vents. Ace's render seems to follow the lines of the illusion caused by the wrinkle in the cladding. But like I said, if you look through the cladding, you can see a black outline of what looks like the same triangle vents as the 2018 model, of course without the LED lights integrated

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Agreed. I fixed my lower grille by just doing a custom job. To me, it just makes the car look 10x better!
custom grille.jpg
That looks great! I really like that. Something to think about...

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice, comp orange is a great color. What did you land on?

I do believe the gen 1-3 all have a mixture of direct and port injection.
After seeing Comp Orange in person, I had to have that color. I'm sure you've noticed it's peculiarities - it is very hard to capture the true color in photos, sometimes it looks red. But I like that about it. The 1st and second gen coyotes only have port fuel injection, but that's fine. There are pluses and minuses with DI and I commend Ford for going with a duel system even if it costs more. Lexus had been doing it for almost a decade now with their 3.5L engine and I'm not aware of anyone complaining about soot on the exhaust, or intake vales so clogged they need to be walnut shell blasted. I'm an engine geek - sometimes I buy an engine, and then get the car it's built around for free :)

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Am I the only one that likes the 15-17 better?
Not at all. I think out of 10 people I asked 10 said 15-17 looks much more like a classic mustang should be And nicer then 18 and up.

Let this speak for itself...

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Not at all. I think out of 10 people I asked 10 said 15-17 looks much more like a classic mustang should be And nicer then 18 and up.
Not entirely true....I got back into a mustang after 15 years. My last Mustang was an '03 Cobra. The '18 was the first Mustang in a long while I thought looked right. No false or tacked on scoops or goofy add ons. The 15-17 is okay, looks more Fusion like. The '18 IMO looks so much better.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
hmmm.. here I am in general liking all of the S550 faces. I mean It's because of the 2018 face that I've committed to buying finally. This new render looks good in my book! But all the S550's are slick in my book.

-That said- I really love the SN95 Cobra's face. It's probably always going to be my favorite of them all.
I’ve never considered buying a mustang until the 18 came out.. I get most prefer the 15-17 but the 18 is what got me to purchase my first mustang. I love the looks

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
To be honest the look is so similar not many people notice the diff anyways lol.I just personally dont like the plain jube jube headlamps on the 18 and up. I like the lights of the 15-17 more as they look sort of like a snakes fangs from the side profile.To me it has that perfect look. The new one looks too much like a BMW.
The 15-17 as strange as this sounds reminds me of a p-51 Mustang when it has those teeth decals at the side.

en-stock-avion-1-72-p-51-d-mustang-italeri10492328_3_2010327_17_18_50.jpg