Suspension cocktail preview

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So after a year of ownership and only dampers and shock mounts (trying to hold out a little longer for BMR) to purchase, I am ready for my suspension makeover. Unfortunately, I cannot afford nor have the space to constantly try multiple set ups so I decided on parts based on several conversations with members and reviews posted on certain products. This is my first performance car and other than a 2006 SRT charger, the only one Ive driven. None of my friends or people that I know personally own a performance vehicle so it's not like I have anything to compare to. So after everything is completed Im sure my review will be a little bit different from a more experienced driver.

After receiving a quote from a local shop the other day, I decided that I am more than capable of doing a lot of this stuff with myself and my coworker who is heavily experienced on the NSX platform. Because he is currently rebuilding his second NSX from bottom up, I dont want to take up his weekends so I broke up the installments in 3 "waves" or install days. I tried to separate it so I dont have to uninstall then reinstall parts and also cause the car to be undriveable between installs. Ive read posts about only dropping the subframe only once so certain parts are better to install together.

Please provide any feedback. Im open for any constructive criticism.

Looking to start beginning of March :please:

Wave 1:

BMR CB005(w/alignment dowels)
BMR CB006
BMR CB762
FRPP Toe knuckle Bearing
Vertical Links

Wave 2:

GT350R Sway Bars (Front& Rear)
Steeda Tension Link Bearings (Bearings preinstalled)

Wave 3 + Alignment:
BMR SP083
FRPP dampers
MM CC plates
Steeda RLCA Bearing (Most likely will do at a shop)
BMR/Steeda (Shock Mounts)
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I would do the springs and dampers before the sway bars and see what you want to do after that.

For dropping the subframe only once, you'd want to do the the (rear) springs at the same time as CB005/762.

I think the total of the waves includes everything @BmacIL / @Bluemustang have/are planning for their cars. Bluemustang would be able to give some good input on all of the changes he's done as well.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So after a year of ownership and only dampers and shock mounts (trying to hold out a little longer for BMR) to purchase, I am ready for my suspension makeover. Unfortunately, I cannot afford nor have the space to constantly try multiple set ups so I decided on parts based on several conversations with members and reviews posted on certain products. This is my first performance car and other than a 2006 SRT charger, the only one Ive driven. None of my friends or people that I know personally own a performance vehicle so it's not like I have anything to compare to. So after everything is completed Im sure my review will be a little bit different from a more experienced driver.

After receiving a quote from a local shop the other day, I decided that I am more than capable of doing a lot of this stuff with myself and my coworker who is heavily experienced on the NSX platform. Because he is currently rebuilding his second NSX from bottom up, I dont want to take up his weekends so I broke up the installments in 3 "waves" or install days. I tried to separate it so I dont have to uninstall then reinstall parts and also cause the car to be undriveable between installs. Ive read posts about only dropping the subframe only once so certain parts are better to install together.

Please provide any feedback. Im open for any constructive criticism.

Looking to start beginning of March :please:

Wave 1:

BMR CB005(w/alignment dowels)
BMR CB006
BMR CB762
FRPP Toe knuckle Bearing
Vertical Links

Wave 2:

GT350R Sway Bars (Front& Rear)
Steeda Tension Link Bearings (Bearings preinstalled)

Wave 3 + Alignment:
BMR SP083
FRPP dampers
MM CC plates
Steeda RLCA Bearing
(Most likely will do at a shop)
BMR/Steeda (Shock Mounts)
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Everything in bold are things you should do together. I'd also do them first, along with the shock mounts (because better ride).

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I would do the springs and dampers before the sway bars and see what you want to do after that.

For dropping the subframe only once, you'd want to do the the (rear) springs at the same time as CB005/762.

I think the total of the waves includes everything @BmacIL / @Bluemustang have/are planning for their cars. Bluemustang would be able to give some good input on all of the changes he's done as well.
Okay that makes sense. Will definitely revise my plan. Yea, I had a few chats with them and also took input from their builds. Thanks man!

Everything in bold are things you should do together. I'd also do them first, along with the shock mounts (because better ride).
Okay I see. Will just wait until I get the dampers and go with the steeda mounts to start the process. Thanks as always

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
@BmacIL So if I do that, will I have to get another alignment after anything else?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Okay that makes sense. Will definitely revise my plan. Yea, I had a few chats with them and also took input from their builds. Thanks man!

Okay I see. Will just wait until I get the dampers and go with the steeda mounts to start the process. Thanks as always
The rest of your list you don't need to take the cradle back down again to do nor get an alignment after. So like I said, the bold items all together and then you can piecemeal from there. I have done almost all my mods one at a time except springs and dampers (those should be done together).

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
The rest of your list you don't need to take the cradle back down again to do nor get an alignment after. So like I said, the bold items all together and then you can piecemeal from there. I have done almost all my mods one at a time except springs and dampers (those should be done together).
Sounds good. Now to get the dampers on order. Thank you kind sir

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. Now to get the dampers on order. Thank you kind sir
You'll be amazed at how much the car changes! It feels fantastic with just those items.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I also agree, start with the big stuff which has the most effects (springs, shocks) and work down to the little stuff which will barely be noticeable (bearing replacements).

You're going to love how the car drives after those mods tho. After the springs, shocks, and sways, you might not even feel the need to do the little stuff.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Thanks for posting this, I'm trying to figure out the logistics of my own, similar first wave. Since I'm starting with an EB, I have to consider my lower control arms as well. I hadn't planned on including them in this go round, but they should go in before the alignment. Looks like its going to be brake upgrades one weekend and springs, dampers and control arms the next. I'll be looking for a narrow window between the beginning of warmer weather and boating season.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Well I took advantage of the Steeda sale and pick up the control arm to install the tension link bearings I already have to decrease install time. Ordered the alignment kit for the CB005 as well to aid with the 005+762 install

Thinking about going the same route with the RLCA and ordering a set to decrease downtime.
Now to find a shop press!

Yesterday I ordered Vorshlag Shock mounts so the only thing left are the dampers...somewhat procrastinating for eBay to have a big promo before I pay 500 lol

Thanks for all the advice. Can’t wait until install
1F356408-EEEF-4E39-A0CF-A46D35BC614C.jpeg

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well I took advantage of the Steeda sale and pick up the control arm to install the tension link bearings I already have to decrease install time. Ordered the alignment kit for the CB005 as well to aid with the 005+762 install

Thinking about going the same route with the RLCA and ordering a set to decrease downtime.
Now to find a shop press!

Yesterday I ordered Vorshlag Shock mounts so the only thing left are the dampers...somewhat procrastinating for eBay to have a big promo before I pay 500 lol

Thanks for all the advice. Can’t wait until install
1F356408-EEEF-4E39-A0CF-A46D35BC614C.jpeg
Sweet! FRPP dampers + SP083?

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)