Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Hi Winx, No I do not have a vin# yet. Dealer tells me they do not have a build date yet. Nothing seems to have taken place at this time. I was told by the dealer I could make any changes before the order is scheduled.
If the dealer doesn't have a VIN, then Ford has not accepted the order. If this has been going on for 4 months, I would bet one of my kids (granted, the one I don't like) that the dealer doesn't have an allocation for the car and either can't get one or isn't trying.

Everyone does what they feel is best, but if I were in your position, I'd be talking to other dealers and asking if they have / can get the allocation. It really looks like your guy is stringing you along.
I second Zooks completely.. I'd look into what's the holdup in getting your order in. The real wait only begins once you have a VIN.
Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Yes Zook's sure looks that way. I was there yesterday adding some options to the order.

What would be the reason any dealer would want "stringing you along"? I would think the main objective is to make a sale.
Allocation problem very likely, as this dealer has 18- 2019's sitting on his lot. I guess it's a possible the motive would be to delay my purchase as long as possible to perhaps entice me to buy one off the lot? Or to have a future sale in the bag once new allocations are available.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
I found this post while searching for Dealer allocation process. Kinda explains why some dealers are hindered when ordering new cars. The text is not so great but I was able to read it.

https://operationsroom.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/pulling-cars-and-allocations/

I don't really think it is my dealer who is causing the delay by negligence. I would attempt to take my order elsewhere but am unsure that any of the dealers in my area would be able to match the trade-in value and selling price I have locked in. For that matter what would prevent another dealer from claiming to have allocations just to steal the deal away?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I don't really think it is my dealer who is causing the delay by negligence. I would attempt to take my order elsewhere but am unsure that any of the dealers in my area would be able to match the trade-in value and selling price I have locked in. For that matter what would prevent another dealer from claiming to have allocations just to steal the deal away?
The cynic in me would say that the dealer you're working with can't meet the trade-in / selling price either if he's unable to produce the car you want.

A lot depends on how straight-forward the dealer is. I spoke with several.
  • One said straight up that he didn't have and didn't think he could get an allocation, and waved my order off.
  • One asked for 3 days to try to get one, did, but then wouldn't move off of MSRP on price. He's the biggest dealer in the area, and my feeling was that he didn't think anyone else could get the allocation in the region.
  • Little small town dealer near me said he didn't have an allocation, was sure he could get it, and dealt on price from the start. I placed the order with a $500 deposit on the condition he could have an order confirmation within 2 weeks. It actually took him 3, but Thanksgiving was sitting in the middle of that time, and I had time to burn as I didn't want the car to show up in the middle of winter.
  • Two other guys said they had allocations in hand, but the guy I went with beat their prices so I never found out if they really had them.

I think what I would do is tell your current dealer that if he can't get you a VIN in, say, 2 weeks that you're going to cancel your order. If he wants to talk you up to 3 weeks, fine. Talk to other dealers in the interim. Negotiate a deal if you can with one, contingent upon the guy you're currently with being unable to come up with a VIN on time. You have a benchmark to go with ($xx,000 + my current car). Doesn't cost anything to look.

Last edited:

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
Good sound advice Zooks. I have considered doing that. What keeps me from placing an ultimatum on my dealer is the negotiated prices. My efforts to get the best trade-in and lowest pricing has so far proved to be best with the present dealer. I would hate to burn the bridge and find myself in a similar wait and see position. One good point if there is any is that my trade-in allowance is locked in for as long as it takes to receive the car as well as the selling price. I am very frustrated with this ordering process as yo can tell, but I have no realistic urgency to have to have the new car. So I guess I will keep up with the optimism that the dealer is sincere with the deal we have made and will eventually come through. Does this look like a good deal? Any comments welcome.

My 16 Mustang V6 A6 with 29k mi. trade-in allowance 17,000.
2019 Mustang GT Prem. 6sp. 400A, Nav. opt, Sec. Act, total purchase price all discounts and rebates 37,264.

Sponsored

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I would hate to burn the bridge and find myself in a similar wait and see position.

My 16 Mustang V6 A6 with 29k mi. trade-in allowance 17,000.
2019 Mustang GT Prem. 6sp. 400A, Nav. opt, Sec. Act, total purchase price all discounts and rebates 37,264.
For what it's worth, I don't see why you can't take exactly that, and see if another dealer would beat it. :) You don't need to burn your bridge until you get another dealer to beat it. If they don't, then no harm was done!

My method: I recommend looking at another dealers site, schedule a drive with a mustang.. when I did that I got more receptive salesmen vs walking in off the street. They seemed to be prepared for me. And worked better with me.

But warm up to them, drive the car, talk about what you like and don't like, don't hide that you're getting offers.. but when you go to sit down, show them what X is offering.. you probably won't even need to ask if they can beat it. They would likely just try, if you show your serious enough about it.

:like:

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Current), 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track (Current), 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Mustang V6 Premium
Just wanted to throw it out there to anyone who is in Toronto or Ontario Canada, that we have a brand new: 2019 GT, Shadow Black, 6-Speed, 401A, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security Package, Performance Package Level 2 on our lot available for sale. (Yes, I work at a Ford dealership).

Tell a friend, save a life! Haha

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just wanted to throw it out there to anyone who is in Toronto or Ontario Canada, that we have a brand new: 2019 GT, Shadow Black, 6-Speed, 401A, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security Package, Performance Package Level 2 on our lot available for sale. (Yes, I work at a Ford dealership).

How did you get a PP2 at this time of the year. I gotta believe the weather in Toronto has been pretty cold. You better put the wooly's on those tires!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Hey Trystan,

I literally just joined the forum, and I'm from Toronto - Hello to a fellow Canadian and Torontonian!
I actually just picked up a 2019 GT PPL2, Shadow Black, 401A, Active Exhaust and Safe and Smart, back in Jan.

What dealer do you work at?

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
How did you get a PP2 at this time of the year. I gotta believe the weather in Toronto has been pretty cold. You better put the wooly's on those tires!
IronG,

So I live in Toronto, and per my previous post, I bought one in early Jan. I took delivery Jan 17th.
I had them put on my winter tire/wheel combo, and the summer tire/wheel combo in the trunk and backseat, before I drove it off the lot.

I gave the dealer specific instructions to not drive it more than needed (other than for them to put gas in the car) and I took down the mileage the day I saw it, and compared it to when I took delivery, all because we know how the MPSC2s can crack.

With winter tires, as others have said in other threads, if one doesn't drive like it's summer on winters, its more than capable.

Weather is so wild here in Toronto (I assume the same or similar in NJ) - Right now, as I type this, it will go to 7*celsius overnight, then back down to -10*celsius by tmr afternoon...

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Supposed to be delivered on the 6th. Date keeps changing!

upload_2019-2-8_7-10-52.png

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
3 days yesterday. Today it says 4 days WTF?

upload_2019-2-9_9-1-32.png

Duffman8887

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Picked it up today!

Now if it would just warm up and dry out.
Looks really nice. I’d love to see some pictures of that interior. I never got to see it in person at a dealer before my order and couldn’t pull the trigger on it without seeing it.
Sponsored