• Start date
  • Watchers 78

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
My $.02...

Since the service manager has proven himself to be an asshole I’d be sitting in the GM’s office tomorrow showing him the videos and calmly and professionally explaining what’s happened from the time you realized it to where the service manager challenged you to prove it.

If the GM shares his service manager’s unprofessional attitude then I’d contact Ford directly.

I’d be pissed too. I wouldn’t go to social media just yet though. I’d give the GM a chance to make it right.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 35786

My $.02...

Since the service manager has proven himself to be an asshole I’d be sitting in the GM’s office tomorrow showing him the videos and calmly and professionally explaining what’s happened from the time you realized it to where the service manager challenged you to prove it.

If the GM shares his service manager’s unprofessional attitude then I’d contact Ford directly.

I’d be pissed too. I wouldn’t go to social media just yet though. I’d give the GM a chance to make it right.
^^^ This right here.. I mentioned this to the OP in a earlier post. I also suggested that whatever he/she does, do not get into a pissing contest with them or nothing will get resolved. Be professional but state that you expect some sort of resolution on the matter, whether it be compensation or reimbursement on the inspection.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
^^^ This right here.. I mentioned this to the OP in a earlier post. I also suggested that whatever he/she does, do not get into a pissing contest with them or nothing will get resolved. Be professional but state that you expect some sort of resolution on the matter, whether it be compensation or reimbursement on the inspection.
Wholly agree with ya.

The situation devolving into a pissing match helps nothing. Keep climbing the chain and eventually you’ll come across someone who will not condone the behavior or slough it off.

The betrayal of trust by their service tech and manager is a big deal for me. I’m a loyal customer to places that show that they’re serious about their service. Unfortunately too many places now aren’t focused on that or have the “not my problem” mentality.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Just so everyone is aware since I didn’t see it mentioned, BBB is nothing more than “Yelp for old people”. They are a privately run, for-profit business that charges other companies a membership fee in exchange for being labeled with an A+ rating, not some kind of enforcement agency with any legal authority. It’s completely a waste of time and effort to communicate with BBB about this stuff.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Don't slander the Dealer until the owner is aware of the problem.

Whoever told you to "prove it" doesn't believe your story, or he would've asked for you to come in, so he can see it himself. Walk in (up front) and ask to speak with the owner, or set up an appointment with them.

No need to deal with "Service Manager" on this. This is about the Dealership itself and how they treated your car.

Sponsored

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
File a complaint with Ford in regards to this matter. They will at least launch an internal investigation which in turn, will uncover the issues at the dealership.

May not help you directly, but ultimately it will help others down the road. Ford is really pushing to be #1 and offer excellent service and products.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I think you need to ask yourself and be realistic in what you want in the end. Some car payments? Extended warranty? The tech fired? Chances are the guy didn’t do anything you haven’t done, but I can understand why you are pissed. As a tech for a long time I’d be lying if I said I haven’t done some stupid things in customers car 10-15 years ago. Including finding out the top speed of a C5 in for an alignment. It was stupid I was stupid for doing it. At the time I didn’t think of how I was treating the customers car, I was a single dad and glad I didn’t lose my job over it. But I wasn’t caught, a coworker was and he lost his job and I straighten my ass up. It was a year later, so I’d be hypocritical if I said fuck that guy get him fired, because I did it. I learned a lesson maybe he needs to also.. in the end I seriously doubt another dealership is going to find anything wrong with your car, I think you’d be wasting your time, putting your car in someone else’s hands once again. I’d advise to see about getting a extended warranty or something of those sorts call it a day and never return to that dealership.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
You have video documentation of objectionable behavior by the service tech; now you need to document all the steps you have taken to ensure no future customers will receive the same mistreatment.

Start a log, enter every conversation—date, time, participants—each party's statements as close to verbatim as you can manage. When you get to Court this kind of thing carries a good deal of weight.

I had an experience without the video evidence: My once and still dealer's techs managed to put two miles on the odometer during an oil/filter change. The service manager's initial response was that the dealership covers a lot of ground, and they needed to shuttle the car around to do the service. I told him I thought that was not a reasonable explanation, and I'd appreciate him investigating rather than just make up an excuse on the spot. He said he'd look into it.

I went home and did as much documentation as I could, putting it in the form of a calm, concise letter addressed to the Dealership General Manager, with copies to the Service Manager, the owner, and Ford's customer service. Part of the documentation was a screen shot of the dealership from Google Earth. My complaint was that the extra two miles contained usage over which I had no control, and I'd worry there had been damage to engine, transmisson, or suspension that could eventually cause problems I hadn't earned.

Each of the addressees responded by telephone. I told them I'd prefer written answers, so the conflict didn't become a "He said, he said" contest. One of them sent a letter, very nice and apologetic, and offered free service for a year. That was the General Manager.

I have been back to that dealer for service a minimum of twice a year ever since, have always been treated respectfully and fairly, and with a minor exception have had no subsequent need to complain. I don't know if service personnel make come kind of descriptive mark on my "file"; I'd like to think every customer will be treated thus.

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
Saw these on Amazon, come in sticker and magnet. Might be a good thing to have when you take your car in for service.....
51yUqajFQUL.jpg

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
I think that we could all provide you with better direction if you posted the video here on your post. After all, this is not social media, this is an educational platform where we all come to learn, share, and get educated on all issues pertaining to the S550 Mustang.
Once we have had the opportunity to view the video, we could then offer you a more in depth sight as to how to proceed.

Truth is, don't expect to receive anything of real value from the dealership or Ford. Maybe an oil change or two, or a detail and tank of fuel. The tech could face termination, depending on local job market is for hiring a new qualified alignment tech, the tech could only face a hand slap from the service manager.

Depending on the size of the dealership getting time with the Owner or even GM can be daunting. These people often hide behind layers of buffer people whos job is to insulate them from unwanted public contact.

Lastly, keep in mind that this is not a matter of a personal nature to anyone other than yourself. To the dealership this is nothing more than a business matter that may have or in the future be cause for some bad publicity that they will survive.

Again, it is only "Personal" to you,

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
At this point? Fuck yes. And send that bastard the links for him to see.

What an asshole.

Having said that, OP, there's probably nothing wrong with your car. They're built to take it, and you've probably done worse.

What you really need to decide, is what you want out of this.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 335i, 2016 VW Golf R
The BBB is a consumer funded agency. The people you file a claim against can simply pay money to have the negative reviews altered or deleted.

Take the case to your state Attorney General. Go online and file a detailed complaint; times-dates-locations-names etc. They will contact the people in question as well as yourself. In the meantime, go onto the dealerships Facebook and Instagram pages and leave comments alluding to what happened and indicate that you wanted to have the problem resolved but they became hostile etc etc

THEN, take the case to your local news stations. Present a detailed record of all that happened, tell them you're in contact with the state AG, and you're debating pursuing legal action. Usually the station/stations you approach will take the info down and then search social media to see if anyone else has the same complaints as you so they can do a story. That's where your Social Media posts from earlier come in. Usually the news companies contact the dealership etc etc. then you get approached by a dealership employee trying to make it right.

BTDT, best of luck to you

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I think even an acknowledgement that the tech is an asshole and an apology would go a long way. The service manager sounds like a complete JO.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I'm with 88 Lx50; go to the dealer's Facebook page and serve them up a giant shit sandwich. then sit back and watch the calls come in from the management.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35786

The BBB is a consumer funded agency. The people you file a claim against can simply pay money to have the negative reviews altered or deleted.

Take the case to your state Attorney General. Go online and file a detailed complaint; times-dates-locations-names etc. They will contact the people in question as well as yourself. In the meantime, go onto the dealerships Facebook and Instagram pages and leave comments alluding to what happened and indicate that you wanted to have the problem resolved but they became hostile etc etc

THEN, take the case to your local news stations. Present a detailed record of all that happened, tell them you're in contact with the state AG, and you're debating pursuing legal action. Usually the station/stations you approach will take the info down and then search social media to see if anyone else has the same complaints as you so they can do a story. That's where your Social Media posts from earlier come in. Usually the news companies contact the dealership etc etc. then you get approached by a dealership employee trying to make it right.

BTDT, best of luck to you
Here is the skinny on the BBB
https://jalopnik.com/the-better-business-bureau-cant-help-you-1718817695
Sponsored