Sponsored

GT350 will live past 2019 with GT500 engine block!

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
With the Bullitt dynoing close to 510-20 at the crank, I suspect the next 5.0 will soon get refreshed with similar power in 2021. That would close the lead by a lot of what the GT350 has over a GT with PP2, other than gearing and cooling. I would not be surprised if in 2021 or 2022 the GT350 isn't updated to a 575-600HP range.
I can only find where the Bullitt is only 480...
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
With the Bullitt dynoing close to 510-20 at the crank, I suspect the next 5.0 will soon get refreshed with similar power in 2021. That would close the lead by a lot of what the GT350 has over a GT with PP2, other than gearing and cooling. I would not be surprised if in 2021 or 2022 the GT350 isn't updated to a 575-600HP range.
Am I the only one one to see this, 510-520 at the crank??!!!??? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My read, and I could be wrong is the GT500 and 350 will share a block until end of production this year
This is exactly as I understand it and makes complete sense in terms of production. Why on earth would you not use the same block when they are virtually identical sans additional oil passages?

Lets not make this more than it is, a quoted statement made by a publications saying so-and-so told us, when so-and-so isn't even quoted.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
SNIP hopefully call it quits at the end of this YM cycle. Part of the allure to these cars, (outside of the fact they're unique and incredible cars), was that they were limited production. The GT350 has seen steadily increasing yearly production numbers since 2016 and they're becoming more and more common. I honestly figured when they announced the face lift for 2018 that would be the end of the GT350. Here we are staring a 2019 and possibly beyond in the chops.
I hope Ford makes a bunch more and I'd like it if Ford did a power increase as well. I don't think it's likely, but it would be great in my opinion.

I understand wanting a less common car, but I like mine so much I'd like to buy another. Maybe in about 3 years if I could buy a brand new GT350 making 575-600 hp with a slightly smaller and lighter Mustang body wrapped around it.. that would be perfect! But I never thought I was buying something collectible or cared whether it would be rare. I just wanted a car that I would love to drive. And I got that.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
As much as I love my GT350's looks and the FPC performance and sound, I still can't shake the worry about engine failures especially out of warranty. The only thing I might trade it for would be a new GT350 with the same looks and a 5.2L CPC engine making a little more NA horsepower and I assume more reliable.
Only time will tell if they’re more reliable.

Call me crazy but it seems to me the increase in oil consumption complaints corresponded with the increase in production. Many of us here on the forum (small sample I know) who bought early production models have not complained of excessive oil consumption. Those that have excessive oil consumption have not been informed of the causes and now Ford is being reported to identifying the block as the fix?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Only time will tell if they’re more reliable.

Call me crazy but it seems to me the increase in oil consumption complaints corresponded with the increase in production. Many of us here on the forum (small sample I know) who bought early production models have not complained of excessive oil consumption. Those that have excessive oil consumption have not been informed of the causes and now Ford is being reported to identifying the block as the fix?
I do not believe Ford has said the new block is a fix. For their to be a fix their would need to be a problem Ford has identified. Either way, the new block is virtually identical.

I can here it now, "this is what I get for a 70k+ (GT500) car? Squeaky brakes, shit panel adjustment, shit paint, interior rattle, OPG, and oil consumption??? UNACCEPTABLE in a 70k+ car. do you here me FORD!":cwl::cwl::cwl::headbang::headbang::headbang::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I do not believe Ford has said the new block is a fix. For their to be a fix their would need to be a problem Ford has identified. Either way, the new block is virtually identical.
I took this passage from the article, if it’s really going into the GT350, as an indirect statement of cause and fix:
Consequently, the Voodoo block got new, longer bolts for the cylinder heads, new gaskets, additional cooling passages, and different seals.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I took this passage from the article, if it’s really going into the GT350, as an indirect cause:
Consequently, the Voodoo block got new, longer bolts for the cylinder heads, new gaskets, additional cooling passages, and different seals.
This was done to handle the boost and temps for the GT500. Indirectly might it help oil consumption? maybe? What I do know is that the new block revision alone will not provide a performance bump for the voodoo.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
This was done to handle the boost and temps for the GT500.
How convenient for Ford (said w my conspiracy hat on):sunglasses:.

Don’t get me started on their newfound exuberance for heat exchangers...

Sponsored

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If a new GT350 comes with DCT, high rev V8, around 520-540 hp, fpc or cpc doesn’t matter as long as it sounds similar to current GT350, more people will buy it.
Just look at how many people want to buy the GT3 once the auto box is allowed.

I don’t see a reason why Ford would not put DCT in other mustangs. They will not develop that box only for the GT500.
DCT GT350 looks very promising to a wider group of people.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Am I the only one one to see this, 510-520 at the crank??!!!??? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!.
I can only find where the Bullitt is only 480...
Steeda got 435 wheel from a stock Bullitt. That's about 510 crank with 15% loss. Even with about 12% thats, 495HP.

Even just an 93 oct tune they are putting down 457whp/400wtq. That puts it in spitting distance of the GT350's dyno numbers with more TQ. For about 10k less.

If the 2021 GT makes BULLITT power and has PP2 handling, the GT350 is going to have to step up its game to make it's price difference worth it.

Personally I think that Ford should have released the PP@ and BULLITT performance increases on the same car. Would have been a nice middle finger to the SS 1LE.

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Steeda got 435 wheel from a stock Bullitt. That's about 510 crank with 15% loss. Even with about 12% thats, 495HP. Even just an 93 oct tune they are putting down 457 wheel.
Steeda got 435 wheel from a stock Bullitt. That's about 510 crank with 15% loss. Even with about 12% thats, 495HP. Even just an 93 oct tune they are putting down 457 wheel.
WOW!!! So my first GT350 on 93 and Borla Atak made 470+RWHP, so how much is that at the crank????? I must have a factory freak :wink: Anyway, a dynamometer is a tool with so many variable parameters that are easily changed to chase HP. Just changing the tire size changes gear ratio there fore affecting hp at the wheels. Take whatever HP numbers you get as a reference not a fact.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
My read, and I could be wrong is the GT500 and 350 will share a block until end of production this year
Forgive my ignorance, but if they go with the new block does that mean the GT350s going forward with them would be CPC? Or can they still retain the FPC in the new blocks as well?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I took this passage from the article, if it’s really going into the GT350, as an indirect statement of cause and fix:
Same here and as I said earlier these are what they are reporting that has changed. I wouldn't doubt other unannounced changes being made as well.

How convenient for Ford (said w my conspiracy hat on):sunglasses:.

Don’t get me started on their newfound exuberance for heat exchangers...
I knew this was gonna come up when I read how many coolers were on the new GT500. :crackup:

At least it looks like Ford learned their lesson on that one.
Sponsored

Last edited: