Sponsored

GT350 will live past 2019 with GT500 engine block!

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Regarding the block, I can't recall even one milkshake Voodoo failure, so I don't think the Voodoo has any issue with heads lifting, etc. If the Voodoo and Predator are sharing blocks, I would assume it's a matter of convenience and/or cost.
My thoughts exactly. I don't consider this an upgrade for the voodoo, since the "improved" areas are all things associated with boost. Unless you plan to go boost, these seem like changes that a 350 owner wouldn't benefit from.
Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
I strongly suspect that the only difference between the old and new block are the longer head bolts; the same head bolts that are used on the 18+ Coyote blocks as well. Its just supply chain simplicity.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like everyone can get something they want, GT350 NA with manual (just without the FPC) or a blown GT500 with DCT. Sounds like both cars would have a place in the lineup to me. BTW, I love the FPC engine, its the reason I bought a GT350.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Steeda got 435 wheel from a stock Bullitt. That's about 510 crank with 15% loss. Even with about 12% thats, 495HP.

Even just an 93 oct tune they are putting down 457whp/400wtq. That puts it in spitting distance of the GT350's dyno numbers with more TQ. For about 10k less.

If the 2021 GT makes BULLITT power and has PP2 handling, the GT350 is going to have to step up its game to make it's price difference worth it.

Personally I think that Ford should have released the PP@ and BULLITT performance increases on the same car. Would have been a nice middle finger to the SS 1LE.
upload_2019-1-18_17-21-45.png

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yeah.. we all know... Unless that's SAE rated those numbers mean nothing.

Have you heard of "under rating"?

The Focus RS makes almost 300 at all 4 wheels even with 4 wheel drivetrain loss.
The Mach1 makes same HP as the 01 Cobra that was rated 320hp, but it's rated at 305, then 1yr later 310 with 0 changes. Same reason the 03 Cobra gets closer to 400-410.
Original Cobra Jets were rated 335hp, but actually made closer to 365.

Last edited:

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I'd be interested in that. I love the FPC motor but there is no way i'd be comfortable owning one long term due to how shady/secretive Ford is being about its issues

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
This is good news to me. I have been holding off on the GT350 due to all of the reliability issues with the engine. I was literally going to post something in the 350 forum about whether it would be Sacrilegious to eventually put a Coyote 5.0 Motor into the 350 if the FPC turned out to be an inevitable ticking time bomb. The fact that they may be offering a 350 with the non-fpc engine excites me. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the Voodoo engine (i've driven in several) but when I hear guys having oil consumption issues after 2k, 5k, and even 15k of miles i'm steering clear. The base GT500 sounds interesting to me as well... not sure if it's track able though...
I actually just built a long block using a sleeved 5.2 block / Ross pistons / Manley rods /GT. 350 heads / Ford racing GT 350 spec cams / GT 350 R spec phasers/lifters/ rockers all ARP hardware
It was built as “spare “ for one on my GT ‘s that already has a 5.2 long block (GT heads/cams ) but if needed i could swap it in to my Whippled GT350.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I took this passage from the article, if it’s really going into the GT350, as an indirect statement of cause and fix:
Consequently, the Voodoo block got new, longer bolts for the cylinder heads, new gaskets, additional cooling passages, and different seals.

The simplest answer is usually the right one. Why would they produce 2 versions of essentially the same block (original voodoo vs new predator)? If the 5.2 needed beefing up for the 500 power levels, they would logically just use that block for the voodoo. Just manufacturing efficiency. Nothing else.

I believe the reason to use the CPC 5.2 in the 350 is because it already exists with the Aluminator 52XS and is designed and Beefed-up to handle the 580NAHP with the CobraJet Intake.

In addition, the XS was installed in Ford Perfomamce’s Mustang GT with the 6 Speed Automatic and 3.73 Rear Gear Ratio.

The problem with installing the 5.2 FPC in an Automatic is the Vibration. I asked the Engineers at Woodward about this last Summer. They said the FPC with an Auto would not happen.

With the CPC, Vibration is easier to handle and will work with both the Auto and Manual Transmissions, so they could conceivably offer a 6 Speed Auto, 6 Speed Manual, 7 Speed Dual Clutch Auto, or even a 10 Speed Auto.

The engine would develop the existing 526 from the FPC, plus a little extra, because you would lose the the Strut Tower Brace and Hood if going to the CobraJet Intake. So, using the existing CAI, Throttle Body and Intake Manifold would make a lot of sense.

Also, the Engine would be easily adaptable to either the Standard 350 Instrument Cluster, or the 500 Digital Instrument Cluster.

The only other major differences from the FPC would be the Tune and the Firing Order.

From the Ford Performance Web Site:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS

Ford Performance has taken the technology and hardware developed for the Shelby GT350 Mustang and has created the ultimate naturally aspirated, 5.2L cross-plane crankshaft crate engine. With a rating of 580 horsepower at 7,800 rpm, the new Aluminator 5.2 XS is the most powerful naturally aspirated modular crate engine ever built by Ford Performance. This is the worthy successor of our previous rendition-the "A50XS". Every Aluminator is hand assembled by the same technicians that build the Mustang Cobra Jet drag racing engines. Premium aftermarket components are used to ensure durability like; unique Manley® connecting rods, ARP® rod bolts, Mahle® forged pistons, forged steel crankshaft sprocket, and billet oil pump gears. Unique components developed specifically for the Cobra Jet racing program are used including Cobra Jet short runner-high RPM intake manifold, 1517 CFM dual 65mm Cobra Jet throttle body, and high RPM pulse ring. Ford Performance Engineers developed a balanced combination of high end, 580 horsepower and strong mid-range torque with the Cobra Jet intake manifold, unique camshafts and fully CNC ported GT350 cylinder heads.

Just selling rights to the 1st (VIN 001) GT500 at Barrett-Jackson now:

$1,100,000. Craig Jackson bought it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Let me try and summarize this thread.

Yesterday; my GT350 will be worth more now because...it’s a manual and a drivers car.

Today; one group is like “my GT350 will suck soon and lose all value” or the other group is like “glad I didn’t buy one yet and now I will because it’s getting the upgraded block from the GT500 resulting in a million more hoespower and cross plane crank with DCT and because it’s lighter it will be faster than the GT500”.

I’ll add, they will make the new improved GT350 till 2025 when it gets an electric motor assist.

Did I miss anything?

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
This is Great news.
I can see the chance of a 5.2 CPC being dropped into the GT350 with a auto option.
Maybe 550hp or more........hopefully this is not a dream.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Yeah.. we all know... Unless that's SAE rated those numbers mean nothing.

Have you heard of "under rating"?

The Focus RS makes almost 300 at all 4 wheels even with 4 wheel drivetrain loss.
The Mach1 makes same HP as the 01 Cobra that was rated 320hp, but it's rated at 305, then 1yr later 310 with 0 changes. Same reason the 03 Cobra gets closer to 400-410.
Original Cobra Jets were rated 335hp, but actually made closer to 365.
I have heard of that. They did that in the 60's for insurance purposes. And your point is?

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
WOW!!! So my first GT350 on 93 and Borla Atak made 470+RWHP, so how much is that at the crank????? I must have a factory freak :wink: Anyway, a dynamometer is a tool with so many variable parameters that are easily changed to chase HP. Just changing the tire size changes gear ratio there fore affecting hp at the wheels. Take whatever HP numbers you get as a reference not a fact.
540.5 :) Perhaps the 15% parasitic drive train loss isn't really 15% these days. Or maybe "bad dyno!"

That is the standard Bullet.

The Steeda Steve Mcqueen edition is that plus another $20,000.

http://www.steedavehicles.com/#/stevemcqueeneditionbullittmustang/

Standard Package Content
MSRP from $20,995 (+ base Ford Mustang Bullitt)
McQueen Racing Performance Suspension Upgrades by Steeda:

• Front And Rear Sway Bars With “Welded-In-Place” Solid Billet Ends

• Billet Aluminum Front and Rear Sway Bar Mounts

• IRS Subframe Bushing Support System

• IRS Subframe Alignment Kit

• IRS Subframe Support Brace

• Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs

• Bump Steer Kit

• Performance Tuned Struts & Shocks (NA with MagneRide Suspension)

• Performance Wheel Alignment

• Camber Plates

• Ultra-Lite Chassis Jacking Rails

• Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace

• Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
McQueen Racing Powertrain Upgrades:
  • McQueen Racing Performance Tune (500hp)

• Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter

• Clutch Spring Assist with Perch Kit Upgrade

• Black Aluminum Coolant Tank

• Steve McQueen Edition Wheels (20"x10" front and 20"x11" rear) with Steve Mcqueen Edition Center Caps

• Nitto NT555 G2 High Performance Tires (275/35-20 front and 315/35-20 rear)
McQueen Racing Interior Upgrades
  • Steve McQueen Edition Door Sill Plates

• Steve McQueen Edition Dashboard Serialization Plate

• Steve McQueen Edition Floor Mats
McQueen Racing Exterior Upgrades
  • Aerodynamic Front Fascia Enhancement Package

• Hood Strut Kit

• Engine Compartment Serialization Plate

• Rear Decklid Emblem

• Car Cover
Steve McQueen™ Edition Special Buyers Package
  • Letter of Vehicle Authenticity

• Steve McQueen Edition Key Fobs

• Signed and Numbered Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Archival Print on Fine Art Paper by Camilo Pardo

• Selection of Exclusive Steve McQueen Edition Apparel

• Plus more...
Optional Equipment
  • Steve McQueen Edition™ Four-Point Roll Cage (requires rear seat delete kit)

• Steve McQueen Edition™ 6-Point Seat Belts by Safecraft Safety Systems

• Steve McQueen Edition™ Rear Seat Delete Kit

• Steve McQueen Edition™ Leather and Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel with Green Center Stripe at 12:00 Position

• Steve McQueen Edition™ Whipple Supercharger Power Upgrade - 775HP

• Steve McQueen Edition™ Whipple Supercharger 10-Rib Pulley/Belt Upgrade

• McQueen Racing / Ford Performance Severe Duty IRS Half-Shaft Upgrade (required with supercharger upgrade)

• McQueen Racing Carbon Fiber Performance Driveshaft Assembly

• McQueen Racing Brake Calipers Painted Dark Charcoal with McQueen Accents in Green
Sponsored