GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
They said the blown GT500 needed 50% more airflow than GT350; and everyone says no fender vents... I think there is and everyone is missing right behind the front tires at the side splitters to the bottom fender there what looks like an opening ;-)
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
What's up with generic looking rear spoiler and these side flares on the front fascia?
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Reveal-Debut-42_zpsxvrnci4a.jpg
2020-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-Reveal-Debut-33_zpscbsyquun.jpg
All part of the track pack that also comes with the rear seat delete and pilot sport cup 2's. Functional aerodynamics are not always the prettiest.

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
Has it already been stated what the button next to the mode button is for, looks like binocalalours*

Sponsored

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
Has it already been stated what the button next to the mode button is for, looks like binocalalours*
That is the active exhaust mode selection switch. Much like the gt350 and the 18 refresh active exhuast.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It is white/grey on a Shelby but once installed on a mustang with my color option you can switch colors. The gauge does have RGB LEDs inside. I have taken apart already.

Sponsored

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I am not sure I like the way the headlights look. It almost looks like they forgot that the wider stance would require a shift in the lighting, and when they got to assembly they just squeezed some black filler in there instead of making a bespoke headlight assembly. However, it might be something else and the pictures just don't do it justice.

Can't wait to see it in person.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That's the toggle switch for the active exhaust. Same as the GT350.

Interesting to see that they've moved some stuff around compared to the GT350 though since the Mode switch is now down on the center console and the steering resistance and shock absorber adjustments have been moved to the left side of the steering wheel vs the right.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
What is 1 suppose to do with that besides store it away in a garage ?
Insurance would be outrageous .
Drive it of course. You would be surprised. My GT350 insurance rate isn't more than my wife's 2014 Accord or my 2011 Escalade. Even if it was high though, people who buy this car don't care. Sort of like complaining about the MPG. Not making fun, just sayin'

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I am not sure I like the way the headlights look. It almost looks like they forgot that the wider stance would require a shift in the lighting, and when they got to assembly they just squeezed some black filler in there instead of making a bespoke headlight assembly. However, it might be something else and the pictures just don't do it justice.

Can't wait to see it in person.
GT350 and GT500 both use the 15-17 headlights since they both also share the carbon fiber front crash structure that was originally molded to fit the 2015 GT350. That GT500 fenders are another 10mm wider than even the GT350 which is 13mm wider than stock. The way they've designed that pocket will allow them to temporarily trap some air on the front of the car for added downforce, like a built in canard, and then release the air through the front wheel arch. That being said I'm even more surprised with this element in place that they did away with the rear fender vent from the GT350 that's specifically designed to evacuate air trapped in that wheelwell.

Edit: on second look it looks like that portion doesn't flow through so it would then just be utilized as a styling element and as a canard.
Sponsored