Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Um, hello? ZL1 1LE?

And besides that, that's still not innovation. I can offer you a hamburger for free, that doesn't make me an innovator because I'm offering free hamburgers
Redesigned front end. 5.2 cpc. 2650 sc. Most powerful mustang, Dct. CF options.. not unique at all

Any muscle car have that? The ZL1 has dct and CF?

Your argument is textbook to what a POOR would say.. the shoe fits hombre
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Redesigned front end. 5.2 cpc. 2650 sc. Most powerful mustang, Dct. CF options.. not unique at all

Any muscle car have that? The ZL1 has dct and CF?

Your argument is textbook to what a POOR would say.. the shoe fits hombre
Front end based off a 5 year old car. same supercharger as competitors. Not even most powerful car in the segment. Outsourced transmission.

ZL1 has CF and offers the 10 speed (more ratios = faster) which has a higher torque rating, meaning responds better to mods

But to me, reading the brochure and spouting it at Camaro owners at the Cars and Coffee while standing in front of your 2015 Ecoboost sounds more like a POOR thing to me. Actually looking at facts and considering the best investment opportunity? Well, guess that's something you wouldn't know much about

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Front end based off a 5 year old car. same supercharger as competitors. Not even most powerful car in the segment. Outsourced transmission.

ZL1 has CF and offers the 10 speed (more ratios = faster) which has a higher torque rating, meaning responds better to mods

But to me, reading the brochure and spouting it at Camaro owners at the Cars and Coffee while standing in front of your 2015 Ecoboost sounds more like a POOR thing to me. Actually looking at facts and considering the best investment opportunity? Well, guess that's something you wouldn't know much about
Id just hold your savings, judging by the amount of incorrect and wrong interpretations youve shown in that post. "A fool and his money.."

Tell us why a gt500 front end will fit an s550 chassis.
Show me where ford builds there own transmission
Show.me the benefits of the 10r90 vs 9070 dct..

Ill be waiting

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tell us why a gt500 front end will fit an s550 chassis.
Because, like I said, the front end is based off a 5 year old car. Care to tell me why the bumper WON'T fit on the revised 2018 front end?

Show me where ford builds there own transmission
Uh, 10R80?

Show.me the benefits of the 10r90 vs 9070 dct..
Um, the fact that GM's 10L90 is rated for 663ft lbs compared to the 9070 which is rated for 640ft lbs... also, the 10L90, as I already mentioned, has more ratios which results in faster acceleration. I'd wager that it'll be faster shifting as well, considering it shifts faster than a PDK

But yeah, keep reading that brochure there, bud

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wish I had the funds to get one myself.
Me too. I'm gunning to pay off my property soon instead, not to mention do some capital intensive improvements.

What I do have in lieu of those funds for now is a paid-off, low-mile 2015 GT that's just about out of warranty, and I've yet to own a twin-turbo car.....

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Because, like I said, the front end is based off a 5 year old car. Care to tell me why the bumper WON'T fit on the revised 2018 front end?

Uh, 10R80?

Um, the fact that GM's 10L90 is rated for 663ft lbs compared to the 9070 which is rated for 640ft lbs... also, the 10L90, as I already mentioned, has more ratios which results in faster acceleration. I'd wager that it'll be faster shifting as well, considering it shifts faster than a PDK

But yeah, keep reading that brochure there, bud

Going by your answers, you dont know anything. So please google what the gt500 front will fit
Then tell me who makes to 1080 or 1090
And then tell me how fast they shift
And then tell me the gearing advantages, in concrete solid numbers.

Ill give you a hint, you have been wrong on all accounts thus far.
But if you were as intelligent as you think you are, you wouldn't be too poor to buy a gt500

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Going by your answers, you dont know anything. So please google what the gt500 front will fit
Then tell me who makes to 1080 or 1090
And then tell me how fast they shift
And then tell me the gearing advantages, in concrete solid numbers.

Ill give you a hint, you have been wrong on all accounts thus far.
But if you were as intelligent as you think you are, you wouldn't be too poor to buy a gt500
What is unique about the GT500 front end that would make it NOT bolt right onto a GT350?
10R80 and 10L90 were jointly developed by GM and Ford, whereas the 9070 was developed by Tremec
Ford and GM have both confirmed they shift faster than a PDK, but we've heard nothing similar on the 9070
Gearing advantages are simple; 10R80 has 7 underdrive gears, the Tremec does not. That's the gearing advantage

No google needed... you know, because I'm not a fucking idiot and I actually know my shit... without having to read the brochure like a poor

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
What is unique about the GT500 front end that would make it NOT bolt right onto a GT350?
10R80 and 10L90 were jointly developed by GM and Ford, whereas the 9070 was developed by Tremec
Ford and GM have both confirmed they shift faster than a PDK, but we've heard nothing similar on the 9070
Gearing advantages are simple; 10R80 has 7 underdrive gears, the Tremec does not. That's the gearing advantage

No google needed... you know, because I'm not a fucking idiot and I actually know my shit... without having to read the brochure like a poor
To recap, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong on unique front end
You believe a codesigned, old school technology transmission is unique, while a new technology, 1st innits market dct is NOT unique
You dont truly understand gearing

Got it. No wonder youre a poor.
Answer with facts please.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
To recap, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong on unique front end
You believe a codesigned, old school technology transmission is unique, while a new technology, 1st innits market dct is NOT unique
You dont truly understand gearing

Got it. No wonder youre a poor.
Answer with facts please.
Deflection at its best. pretty poor move

It may be "unique", but it's still just a slightly modified version of a 5+ year old front end and can certainly fit on a GT350
It wasn't co-designed, it was outsourced. And it's not new technology, DCT has been around for YEARS. And it's still going to be slower than the 10 speed
I certainly do understand gearing. 7 forward underdrive gears means closer ratios than 5 forward underdrive gears. This isn't rocket science

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
And it's not new technology, DCT has been around for YEARS. And it's still going to be slower than the 10 speed
As much as I loathe to get in this pissing contest, this stood out to me.

I find it hard to believe that Ford is going to allow their 10R80 to be superior in any way to their halo cars (GT/GT500) DCT...especially in regards to performance.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Deflection at its best. pretty poor move

It may be "unique", but it's still just a slightly modified version of a 5+ year old front end and can certainly fit on a GT350
It wasn't co-designed, it was outsourced. And it's not new technology, DCT has been around for YEARS. And it's still going to be slower than the 10 speed
I certainly do understand gearing. 7 forward underdrive gears means closer ratios than 5 forward underdrive gears. This isn't rocket science
Ahh, so, to summarize, you were wrong, you were wrong, and still wrong
Got it

I find it hard to believe that Ford is going to allow their 10R80 to be superior in any way to their halo cars (GT/GT500) DCT...especially in regards to performance.
He still doesnt get it

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Maybe they won't, but it would be quite easy to make a 10R80 superior to the DCT (see: 10L90)

Besides, Ford NEEDED a DCT to be able to sell the GT500... otherwise, it's just a GT350 with a supercharger. Just like the GT350, where the flat plane crank isn't exactly BETTER, but boy, did those words help sell cars!

Ahh, so, to summarize, you were wrong, you were wrong, and still wrong
Got it

He still doesnt get it
To summarize, you still haven't provided ANY evidence whatsoever to support your outlandish claims other than what the brochure claims

I know it's hard for poors to read, but if you try really hard, you can expand to other sources of literature

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
The question I have is, how much horsepower do we really need?
I get it for track visits, but...

For me, as a daily driver, not so much. I will hang onto my 460, for now :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The question I have is, how much horsepower do we really need?
I get it for track visits, but...

For me, as a daily driver, not so much. I will hang onto my 460, for now :)
Every time I drive Daytona in say to myself "I wish I had 100 more HP and another 100 ft/lbs of torque".

If you don't need this kind of performance and above all don't want to pay for it, my best advice is don't.
Sponsored