Sponsored

2018 Fore Fuel System with Whipple

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
So - I've been embarking on this garage install journey with my 2018 GT PP. Lots of little differences between this year and the 15-17's for sure. The fuel system is a noteworthy one. I'm in the midst of replacing the stock fuel system with a Fore twin pump system. I did this on my last 15 GT and it was not that hard. Honestly, the 18 isn't that much more difficult - Fore has a T-block that goes right on the HPFP to feed the loop for both sets of rails and both pressure regulators.

The snags so far mostly relate to the whipple rails that come with the whipple kits on the 2018 models. I've talked to Mike at Whipple and Rick at Fore and gotten my thoughts together. The passenger side front connection to the Whipple fuel rail is in close proximity to the stock heater hose. This has a LARGE metal crimp connection to a 90* factory snap on fitting to connect to the top of the block. Whipple uses -6 size fittings on their rails and Fore uses minimum -8. To get the lines to work, a -8 to -6 adapter has to be screwed into the end of the Whipple Rail before any hose connection can be made with the Fore system. Fore sent these adapters knowing this. But because of the increased length this adds to the rail, it becomes a impossible to put a 180* fitting for the fuel system in this location to connect the system.

I'm on my PC so I'll try to add some pictures to illustrate the area and fitment concern later. I think my solutions are to cut the factory heater hose and attempt to swivel the factory fitting out of the way, or to remove the factory fitting and simply put a piece of coolant hose onto the stem and use a worm drive clamp or something to get it to stay. I think this would look like crap and be a real concern for a failure point, so it's definitely my option #2.

People have installed Fore systems on 18 Whipple cars I'm sure - I'm open to any ideas or what you might have done - especially any pictures - to help get over this hurdle. I'd love to not hack up hoses but in the end it's not THAT big of a deal. I was just hoping not to have to drain my coolant in a 10* garage today!

Post up - I'd love to hear and see what others have done.
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
So - I've been embarking on this garage install journey with my 2018 GT PP. Lots of little differences between this year and the 15-17's for sure. The fuel system is a noteworthy one. I'm in the midst of replacing the stock fuel system with a Fore twin pump system. I did this on my last 15 GT and it was not that hard. Honestly, the 18 isn't that much more difficult - Fore has a T-block that goes right on the HPFP to feed the loop for both sets of rails and both pressure regulators.

The snags so far mostly relate to the whipple rails that come with the whipple kits on the 2018 models. I've talked to Mike at Whipple and Rick at Fore and gotten my thoughts together. The passenger side front connection to the Whipple fuel rail is in close proximity to the stock heater hose. This has a LARGE metal crimp connection to a 90* factory snap on fitting to connect to the top of the block. Whipple uses -6 size fittings on their rails and Fore uses minimum -8. To get the lines to work, a -8 to -6 adapter has to be screwed into the end of the Whipple Rail before any hose connection can be made with the Fore system. Fore sent these adapters knowing this. But because of the increased length this adds to the rail, it becomes a impossible to put a 180* fitting for the fuel system in this location to connect the system.

I'm on my PC so I'll try to add some pictures to illustrate the area and fitment concern later. I think my solutions are to cut the factory heater hose and attempt to swivel the factory fitting out of the way, or to remove the factory fitting and simply put a piece of coolant hose onto the stem and use a worm drive clamp or something to get it to stay. I think this would look like crap and be a real concern for a failure point, so it's definitely my option #2.

People have installed Fore systems on 18 Whipple cars I'm sure - I'm open to any ideas or what you might have done - especially any pictures - to help get over this hurdle. I'd love to not hack up hoses but in the end it's not THAT big of a deal. I was just hoping not to have to drain my coolant in a 10* garage today!

Post up - I'd love to hear and see what others have done.
Personally I'd drill out the Whipple fuel rail and tap it for a -8 connection :shrug: at the end of the day the fore rail wants the -8 connection. Or go with Fore rails? Couple ways to skin the cat and not have to run 15 adapters.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Personally I'd drill out the Whipple fuel rail and tap it for a -8 connection :shrug: at the end of the day the fore rail wants the -8 connection. Or go with Fore rails? Couple ways to skin the cat and not have to run 15 adapters.
These were my first two thoughts. The Whipple rails aren't big enough to bore to -8 and the orientation of the fore rails are set up for a stock manifold style so that's a no-go. I wish it was that easy. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I had to cut off the end about 5 inches back and spliced in a new end. I added a new connection with a hose clamp on it.

View attachment 323813
whipple.jpg
Perfect man. Thanks. I couldn't get a 90* bend hose at the auto parts store. I rrally need one. The factory hose is 3/4" but the neck where you pop off the factory white retaining clip really needs more like a 5/8" hose and clamp - do i guess i need a 3/4" x 5/8" connector, a section of 5/8" hose with a 90 degree bend, and a quality hose clamp. I originally wanted to bend the tube slightly forward and spin the factory fitting 180* so it exited towards the front of the car and then just splice it in with an extra length of hose. Looks like that's not happening tho.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I custom made a hose for mine with sleeving and heatshrink also - i have it plenty of room so i could move it as needed for other close clearance stuff and maintenance. It's no longer an issue. Thanks for the help!

I ran my hoses a little different than some because of where i could mount my regulator on that side. I've not worked with ptfe before ive always had FlexLP. PTFE is unforgiving. I also ran 2 274 pumps, it sounds like a house fan through those things and the ptfe line. I need to soften that up some.
6D718B80-35CB-4F45-A369-625FDCD9C2C3.jpeg

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
looks great, always our goto system. you won't find better quality or better people to deal with and they stand 110% behind their line. Proud to be their largest dealer!

were around 8 to 10 seven days a week if you ever need help or questiosn on the system

and Fore specifially recommends not feeding the rails from the sides like you see in some of the other systems out there.

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
With the Whipple setup it's different than most as they use their own rails on them. We put together a kit specific for the Whipple setup which you can see in the pics below feeds the Whipple rails from the sides rather than at the ends like most other aftermarket rails. We made 941rwhp on this system not too long ago on E85 and have plenty of room to go. I don't feel the Whipple rails will be a restriction so until someone shows that they've done it we recommend sticking with them.

We have a really nice bracket that secures the regulator to the strut tower but I had it off the car when I took these pics to have them duplicated.
IMG_4155_zps1olsxtis.jpg

IMG_4154_zpsjswxcdtf.jpg

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-style-fuel-system-whipple-superchargers.html
18_fs_norails_1_.png

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Can you post the photo of the regulator brackets you made? Interested

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post the photo of the regulator brackets you made? Interested
Here they are before they get painted black.
F46F26C9-C48B-4690-8C97-85128CE21E07_zpsbghpyjyv.jpg

Sponsored

JRavelo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Kona Blue, PP1, Whipple Stage 2, 3.625 pulley, ID 1050x, Fore triple, E85, ARH 1 7/8", Corsa Extreme, A10R80 upgraded clutches, Full Steeda suspension, PBD tuned, 820 RWHP/615 RWTQ
With the Whipple setup it's different than most as they use their own rails on them. We put together a kit specific for the Whipple setup which you can see in the pics below feeds the Whipple rails from the sides rather than at the ends like most other aftermarket rails. We made 941rwhp on this system not too long ago on E85 and have plenty of room to go. I don't feel the Whipple rails will be a restriction so until someone shows that they've done it we recommend sticking with them.

We have a really nice bracket that secures the regulator to the strut tower but I had it off the car when I took these pics to have them duplicated.
IMG_4155_zps1olsxtis.jpg

IMG_4154_zpsjswxcdtf.jpg

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-style-fuel-system-whipple-superchargers.html
18_fs_norails_1_.png
Who would you recommend for such an install?

JRavelo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Kona Blue, PP1, Whipple Stage 2, 3.625 pulley, ID 1050x, Fore triple, E85, ARH 1 7/8", Corsa Extreme, A10R80 upgraded clutches, Full Steeda suspension, PBD tuned, 820 RWHP/615 RWTQ

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JRavelo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)

JRavelo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)