• Poll closed .

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
I need to get some feedback on whipple rune for my 2018 mustang gt with manual trans. Had the car back from install for 2 days.. Dyno only made 640 rwhp. Whipple said that the tune needs to be revised.. Wtf! So am I finding out the hard way that they are behind the learning curve??? Help me mustang people. Thanks Scott z.. S550 love!!
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you mention bama tuner in your poll? I've had a couple of revisions from whipple, but that is expected as this is a new platform. I've had no check engine, or wrench lights, and the car makes in the mid 700 range.

95civic2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m a little confused on the poll myself. What exactly do you mean?

I have a 2018 MT82 and it’s making close to the same numbers as yours. 628hp on a mustang dyno and 643hp on a dyno jet. According to the dealer who installs these kits and Whipple these power numbers seem to be inline with others.

I understand all dynos will read a little different but how did Whipple dyno 700hp through the 10spd auto and ours 60hp lower.

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
I have a act tuner from before I had whipple installed, I just had it hooked up while driving yesterday to watch my fuel trim levels... I do have the tomahawk tuner the kit came with. The car was pulling timing at 6500 rpms.. It pulled 4 deg.s total by 7500.. The guy was not to sure why its pulling timing.. We called whipple and sent them data log. Don't know what's the deal.. Do you have any ideas??

95civic2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What fuel are you using? My car only seen 17 degrees of timing on the dyno they said. Still waiting for the logs tho...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
This is my first time on a forum like this so I'm not to sure how to start my conversation at the start with the threads etc.. Anyways, Steve from whipple said that 639 two was defiantly low for the stage 2.. From what I understand every degree of timing equils 10 hp roughly. So that would be right about where it should he without the detonation issue..

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
Why do you mention bama tuner in your poll? I've had a couple of revisions from whipple, but that is expected as this is a new platform. I've had no check engine, or wrench lights, and the car makes in the mid 700 range.
Cool, I figured that this would be the case.. In very happy with the kit for sure... I m new in the sc game so to speak, so trying to get all the info I can to really see how other people are doing with the same setup.. Thank you for the response..

95civic2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is my first time on a forum like this so I'm not to sure how to start my conversation at the start with the threads etc.. Anyways, Steve from whipple said that 639 two was defiantly low for the stage 2.. From what I understand every degree of timing equils 10 hp roughly. So that would be right about where it should he without the detonation issue..
I didn’t realize you were a stage 2 kit, must have missed that somewhere. I’d be on the phone with whipple getting a revision tune ASAP. Any information you can provide them with data logs will help.

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
I am running 93 octane fuel.. I have flowmeter scavenger x pipe, and kooks mufflers.. No active exhaust.. But, I really want to go back to active.. The car is just TO LOUD now.. Has anyone had an issue with their wiring harness from the factory ? My active went out and I didn't know why until my guy took the stock mufflers off, my wires were exposed at the harness point and cauaed the electrical system to flash a short so my active exhaust stopped working. I am going to see if my dealer will warranty that harness so I can go back to my active system.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a act tuner from before I had whipple installed, I just had it hooked up while driving yesterday to watch my fuel trim levels... I do have the tomahawk tuner the kit came with. The car was pulling timing at 6500 rpms.. It pulled 4 deg.s total by 7500.. The guy was not to sure why its pulling timing.. We called whipple and sent them data log. Don't know what's the deal.. Do you have any ideas??
It will pull timing for a few
Cool, I figured that this would be the case.. In very happy with the kit for sure... I m new in the sc game so to speak, so trying to get all the info I can to really see how other people are doing with the same setup.. Thank you for the response..
The first time I dynoed my car on the original time from them, it was pulling a bunch of timing as well. Turned out it was due to a bad tank of 93. Got better gas and all was good.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
I didn’t realize you were a stage 2 kit, must have missed that somewhere. I’d be on the phone with whipple getting a revision tune ASAP. Any information you can provide them with data logs will help.
Yea sorry I didnt mention the stage 2 part.. Pretty important..lol!!

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
Yea sorry I didnt mention the stage 2 part.. Pretty important..lol!!
Yea, for sure.. Last night it went onto a limp mode of some sort and my sct tuner is giving a throttle code. I don't know if that is correct or not.. But will get to the bottom of it this week hopefully.. So no driving dark knight until she gets some love..

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
It will pull timing for a few

The first time I dynoed my car on the original time from them, it was pulling a bunch of timing as well. Turned out it was due to a bad tank of 93. Got better gas and all was good.
How did you know it was bad gas???

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
And my check engine light is now STAYING ON.. only after it puts itself into the limp mode .. I drove VERY SLOW last night about 2 miles to get it home.. It didnt pop into limp.. But something defiantly going on with it...

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Dustin posted the other day that every 1 deg timing pulled is more like 25 hp.

For throttle codes check the extension harness. Unplug it, inspect pins, plug it back in and make sure it clicks. I’ve had this problem before.
Sponsored