Sponsored

2018 up SCT BDX update

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I have noticed over past couple weeks 3 separate multi file updates coming through on my BDX. Today was an 8 file one. Anyone with BDX especially with any driveability issues stay on top of updates. Fyi.
Sponsored

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
A software update to the BDX should not have anything to do with the tune that goes into the car. Driveability issues would be tune related.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
A software update to the BDX should not have anything to do with the tune that goes into the car. Driveability issues would be tune related.
Good to know. Although I swear my occasional trans flare that did it on stock tune too is now gone. It also downshifts smoother in D. No tune updates.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Update. Had 2 more updates from SCT for my vehicle. The occasional harsh downshifts when braking hard to a stop in Drive is completely gone. No trans flare either. These say updates for “my vehicle” before I download. I have to disagree that these pre/post tune hiccups where corrected by the tune. Fyi.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Update. Had 2 more updates from SCT for my vehicle. The occasional harsh downshifts when braking hard to a stop in Drive is completely gone. No trans flare either. These say updates for “my vehicle” before I download. I have to disagree that these pre/post tune hiccups where corrected by the tune. Fyi.

Are you using the base sct tunes in the hand held? Are these replacing your existing tune?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Are you using the base sct tunes in the hand held? Are these replacing your existing tune?
Lordy no. The device itself will update when hooked into wifi under device settings. Have had 10 plus file updates to the BDX. I then just reloaded my custom tunes. The A10 runs perfect now.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
No. Lol. SCT is sending device updates for my specific vehicle and VIN. You have to manually check for them though. Separate from tune files.
The BDX most be a lot different than the X4

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I had an X4 on my 15. But I never saw updates like that.
I did it on my X3 that way for my 14. But, did not get many updates. The BDX uses wifi for both tunes and updates.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Bit confused.... SCT updates their device but you somehow are seeing results IE; with shifts, etc etc etc.. While using a custom tune?

Not sure that makes sense, your custom tune is already loaded and nothing in your cars ECU is changed unless you reflash... Whatever the are updating is not effecting your car. The files downloaded are for their own device./tunes .. Not a custom tune you got elsewhere.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Bit confused.... SCT updates their device but you somehow are seeing results IE; with shifts, etc etc etc.. While using a custom tune?

Not sure that makes sense, your custom tune is already loaded and nothing in your cars ECU is changed unless you reflash... Whatever the are updating is not effecting your car. The files downloaded are for their own device./tunes .. Not a custom tune you got elsewhere.
You are on a roll... lol.

Wrong. What would be the point of doing vehicle file updates on the device? Read what I said.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
You are on a roll... lol.

Wrong. What would be the point of doing vehicle file updates on the device? Read what I said.
I did, those updates for your VIN is for their canned tunes... not custom tunes.
Sponsored