Sponsored

Leaked GT500 Pics and specs from dealer meeting today!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The ‘18 front end is the 996 of Mustangs........ in my opinion.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really don't care a whole lot about the lights. I would prefer the styling of the front end were different, but I think if the car performs well enough, all will be forgiven. Hopefully the car will be worth the wait.

drgoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looking at the pictures again, definitely a good looking car....the older style looks more aggressive to me.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The more choices the better. If I was a betting man. Id bet the dct wont make a mustang til the 7th gen. Gotta offer a stick in a stang for the traditionalists. And the 10 speed has already proved its metal with the drag racing crowd.
Ford Performance is releasing this car and plan on Racing it in a series. Nobody cars about hobby'ist who like to drag their cars for hollars & giggles and bragging rites. You can do that with ANY cart ever made. GT500 is about road courses...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh don’t get me wrong, the new lights have cool elements (in my opinion), its just they’re not (in my opinion), homogeneous to the cars lines (in my opinion).:wink:

I’d be interested to talk to the designer to find out the reason for the new shape. If it was a nod to the past, or something regulatory that necessitated the shape they are.

It’s all subjective anyway, and Ford will do what they do. And while I much prefer the old style for the look of the car, I’ll probably buy a GT500 whatever lights they end up putting on it!
Darth Vader is the inspiration. True story.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If they did, it wouldn’t be out until 2025

:cwl::cwl:

But honestly, they would have had to reengineer the GOR, and that’s why it remained per-facelift.
Yeah, I understand why they used the pre-facelift nose, but with all the delays on the car (and considering exterior design was probably one of the first things completed), I don't see any reason why they couldn't have reengineered it to keep it fresh

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ford Performance is releasing this car and plan on Racing it in a series. Nobody cars about hobby'ist who like to drag their cars for hollars & giggles and bragging rites. You can do that with ANY cart ever made. GT500 is about road courses...
What series? IMSA and PWC are using the GT4 Mustang that is homologated using GT350 panels.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
What series? IMSA and PWC are using the GT4 Mustang that is homologated using GT350 panels.
He's been saying that for a while but never adding any relevant information to back up his opinion.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Yeah, I understand why they used the pre-facelift nose, but with all the delays on the car (and considering exterior design was probably one of the first things completed), I don't see any reason why they couldn't have reengineered it to keep it fresh
So they didn’t have to do everything involved with re-engineering it.

That costs money, keeping it fresh wasn’t a priority to Ford. It’s called ROI. If they can return as much cash as not re-engineering it, then why?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
He's been saying that for a while but never adding any relevant information to back up his opinion.
If you listen, they have said the GT500 will add to their racing heritage. Please, tell again why can't a GT500 race in GT4, or another series..?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
"A" GT500 implies the street car so I'm not so certain of what type or configuration you're positing.

The GT4 Mustang is a body in white (regular S550) with a cage welded in at Watson Engineering in Michigan. It is then shipped to Multimatic in Markham, Ontario. The car is a custom build that meets a homologated specification with the SRO which allows it to be raced in IMSA and PWC. Multimatic uses GT350 front fenders/nose, factory rear fascia, factory roof and rear quarter panels, but the remainder of the body is CF. The car isn't a GT350 and nobody claims it is. The engine is a cross plane crank 5.2L and comes from Roush/Yates, uses some factory castings, but for the most part is nothing like what you can get from Ford. This is how it gets done.

Could Ford have the GT500 "body" homologated and be used instead of the GT350-esque in GT4? I suppose so. Would Ford be using a supercharged engine in the GT4 car? No (as in no way Jose). Aside from autocross or open tracking, I'm not sure what series a GT500 would ever be used in.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
The GT350 starts as a "regular s550" body in white. I'm sure the GT500 will also start from a "regular s550" chassis.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm surprised Ford just let the leak ride and hasn't published anymore official GT500 pics. Even if they're still just teasers of different parts of the car. I'm starting to think this was done on purpose to gauge reaction to the blacked out center bumper given all the hate on the 19 Camaro SS. I have a feeling we'll see a body color painted version as well.
Sponsored