Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I'm not only equating "fun" to straight line speed, but the rush to 40mph is the most fun you'd be able to have on the streets. What fun is a twisty backroad having to go 20mph the whole time? Sounds like more of a nuisance than "fun".

It's not a Shelby? Go ahead and take a look at your front splitter for me and tell me what it says. Just because it's not made by "Shelby American Inc" doesn't mean it doesn't use the Shelby name, and that's all you're paying for.

As for my last comment... I'm not surprised you can't comprehend a simple statement. What I was saying is just because it's "unique" doesn't make it "good". So, yes, a Porsche GT3 certainly is both unique and good, but a Nissan Altima with Ferrari badges all over it, albeit being "unique", is not good. Simply being unique isn't what makes something good, thus "'unique' is rarely synonymous with 'good'"
Look we get it, you couldn't afford a GT350 so to make yourself feel better, you go on a GT350 forum and try to convince owners that they are "stupid" for buying one. Pretty sad really...
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Look we get it, you couldn't afford a GT350 so to make yourself feel better, you go on a GT350 forum and try to convince owners that they are "stupid" for buying one. Pretty sad really...
Again, reading comprehension, bud. I already said I could've easily afforded a GT350, I personally decided not to get one because it'd be stupid to buy one when I can build something MUCH faster and more durable with the $20k I saved, so it's not envy whatsoever. I actually pity y'all GT350 owners, you paid so much for your car just to get beat by a $40k GT PP2.

Also of note, this isn't a GT350 forum. Try again there, big fella

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Since I have been buying all sorts of HP Ford Mustangs (including Boss and Shelby cars) and enjoying them immensely for the last ~50 years some of which I have tracked and most of which I have not I certainly must be one of the most stupid Ford/Mustang enthusiasts out there but what an outstanding ride it has been!

:wink:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Again, reading comprehension, bud. I already said I could've easily afforded a GT350, I personally decided not to get one because it'd be stupid to buy one when I can build something MUCH faster and more durable with the $20k I saved, so it's not envy whatsoever. I actually pity y'all GT350 owners, you paid so much for your car just to get beat by a $40k GT PP2.

Sorry, forgot this is the GT500 section, which makes your posts here even more ridiculous. OK so you are just a troll, thanks for the clarification!

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

The PP2 isnt faster than a GT350 on track, and you're coming off as a real douchebag.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, forgot this is the GT500 section, which makes your posts here even more ridiculous. OK so you are just a troll, thanks for the clarification!
Funny thing is though, I haven’t said anything negative about the GT500 yet, as everything we know is speculative. My comments have been directed at the GT350. It was a great value when it first came out, but at this point, it’s pointless. It should’ve been discontinued so the PP2 could fill its place to compete with the 1LE and the GT350R should have been the only one still produced.

The PP2 isnt faster than a GT350 on track, and you're coming off as a real douchebag.
It is though... the GT350 is 3 seconds off the pace of an R at VIR Grand... the PP2 is 2 seconds off. And again, not the first time I’ve heard that. But if I recall, I’m the one here who’s not name calling and acting high and mighty with the “you’re too poor for an almighty GT350!” type comments, now am I?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...the GT350. It was a great value when it first came out, but at this point, it’s pointless. It should’ve been discontinued so the PP2 could fill its place to compete with the 1LE and the GT350R should have been the only one still produced.
The PP2 should have gotten the GT350's aluminum knuckle and radial mount caliper arrangement. Ford had the opportunity to reduce the cost of these components with an economies of scale shift along with even greater performance. Instead, they maintained exclusivity and lessened potential by sticking with the more mundane choices. Looks like they listened to you.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Some people refuse to accept that others have different preferences, requirements from them. The same people that argue that a Mustang GT is a horrible daily driver :crackup:. I feel sorry for those who are unable to hold two differing ideas in their head. There are so many reasons one chooses a certain car, most of which are not speed / $. With these types of cars, it's often ~75% subjective (how driving it makes you feel).

Back to GT500...

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The PP2 should have gotten the GT350's aluminum knuckle and radial mount caliper arrangement. Ford had the opportunity to reduce the cost of these components with an economies of scale shift along with even greater performance. Instead, they maintained exclusivity and lessened potential by sticking with the more mundane choices. Looks like they listened to you.
I agree the PP2 should have gotten those, and I feel like it could have if Ford had discontinued the GT350 and only left the R. Probably could've gotten a diff cooler that way, too

Some people refuse to accept that others have different preferences, requirements from them. The same people that argue that a Mustang GT is a horrible daily driver :crackup:. I feel sorry for those who are unable to hold two differing ideas in their head. There are so many reasons one chooses a certain car, most of which are not speed / $. With these types of cars, it's often ~75% subjective (how driving it makes you feel).

Back to GT500...
I mean, it is, but this isn't the place to dickskuss that. But there's literally not a single thing to like more about the GT350 unless you track it, and that doesn't change the fact that it's slower and nowhere near as good of a value as the PP2. If someone were to say "I just don't like modifying cars and like the way the GT350 feels on track", that would be somewhat respectable. I'd still make them aware that they could modify a GT and have a 10x better car for the same price, but if they're dead set on not modifying their car, then power to them

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It is though... the GT350 is 3 seconds off the pace of an R at VIR Grand... the PP2 is 2 seconds off. And again, not the first time I’ve heard that. But if I recall, I’m the one here who’s not name calling and acting high and mighty with the “you’re too poor for an almighty GT350!” type comments, now am I?
3 and 2 seconds off where? Comparing laptimes from different tracks? Looking at lap times from a bunch of amateurs from C&D's Lightning Lap? If you believe that crap, i'll show you a video of a Camaro turning faster lap times than a Ford GT and a Spec Miata passing a Ferrari on track.

If you were on the other side of the fence arguing how great GT350's are, it wouldn't surprise me if you did pull that card, but you pretty much treat GT350 owners that way. It's hard to put me down when I own a GT like you do.

Take this irrelevant argument back to that other thread where you can champion and justify your GT purchase and put down GT350 owners. Last time I checked, this was a GT500 thread.

But there's literally not a single thing to like more about the GT350 unless you track it
The looks (best looking mustang IMO), the sound, the handling (on canyons), the reduced depreciation.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
3 and 2 seconds off where? Comparing laptimes from different tracks? Looking at lap times from a bunch of amateurs from C&D's Lightning Lap? If you believe that crap, i'll show you a video of a Camaro turning faster lap times than a Ford GT and a Spec Miata passing a Ferrari on track.

If you were on the other side of the fence arguing how great GT350's are, it wouldn't surprise me if you did pull that card, but you pretty much treat GT350 owners that way. It's hard to put me down when I own a GT like you do.
Oh, so now same driver same track isn't enough for you, it literally has to be a robot driving both cars at the same exact time with collision mode turned off so that it can be as absolutely precise as possible! It's not hard to see that the PP2 is faster than the GT350... Hell, I'm pretty sure it was this thread where a video was posted of a PP2 passing a GT350 with ease on track

And I'm not putting anyone down. I'm simply explaining that the GT350's sole purpose nowadays is to neuter the PP2, and that it's a ripoff to buy. If anything, I'm putting the car down. If the owners feel bad about their purchase after me putting the car down, maybe they should've thought harder about it before spending $60k+ on their car

The looks (best looking mustang IMO), the sound, the handling (on canyons), the reduced depreciation.
Already addressed all of this, but I'll do it again just for you
Looks: Literally just a GT with bumpers, a hood, and a spoiler. would be about $15k cheaper to buy a GT and put some GT350 body parts on it
Sound: already said this is the only unbeatable feature of the GT350, as they sound absolutely nuts. Is it really worth $20k though?
Handling: The PP2 will put down better numbers, and if you care about "the canyons", you're retarded. Save reckless driving for the track, don't be a douchebag and put innocent people's lives at risk
Reduced depreciation: Cars should never be an investment. If you're worried about "depreciation", you shouldn't be spending $60k on a car, you should be driving a $15k Honda and investing in real estate

I don't need to "justify" my GT purchase. Like I said, I could've bought either. To me, the 2018 GT looks much better, and I can get way more out of the car for the same price. The numbers speak for themselves, but you fanboys have ol' man Shelby's dick too deep in your ears to hear them

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh, so now same driver same track isn't enough for you, it literally has to be a robot driving both cars at the same exact time with collision mode turned off so that it can be as absolutely precise as possible! It's not hard to see that the PP2 is faster than the GT350... Hell, I'm pretty sure it was this thread where a video was posted of a PP2 passing a GT350 with ease on track
Lightning Lap doesn't use the same driver. :crackup:

Who cares what one amateur can do vs another. Like I said, miatas can pass ferraris.

Already addressed all of this, but I'll do it again just for you
Looks: Literally just a GT with bumpers, a hood, and a spoiler. would be about $15k cheaper to buy a GT and put some GT350 body parts on it
Sound: already said this is the only unbeatable feature of the GT350, as they sound absolutely nuts. Is it really worth $20k though?
Handling: The PP2 will put down better numbers, and if you care about "the canyons", you're retarded. Save reckless driving for the track, don't be a douchebag and put innocent people's lives at risk
Reduced depreciation: Cars should never be an investment. If you're worried about "depreciation", you shouldn't be spending $60k on a car, you should be driving a $15k Honda and investing in real estate

I don't need to "justify" my GT purchase. Like I said, I could've bought either. To me, the 2018 GT looks much better, and I can get way more out of the car for the same price. The numbers speak for themselves, but you fanboys have ol' man Shelby's dick too deep in your ears to hear them
I have not seen a GT350 style hood. That's what I hate most about my GT. 2018s are better but still nothing like a GT350 hood.

PP2 does not put down better numbers. Who said canyon driving has to be reckless? There's nothing wrong with enjoying the better handling traits and character of a car within the speed limits. You don't have to push a car to its limit to feel it.

As I said before; it's not an "investment" rather than a better financial decision to buy a GT350 over a GT. Quit trying to deny that because you just bought a brand new 2018 GT and that goes against your purchasing decision and possibly makes you doubt spending a lot of money on a car that may not have been the best financial decision.

As I said before....take this crap to a different thread. This is a GT500 topic.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lightning Lap doesn't use the same driver. :crackup:

Who cares what one amateur can do vs another. Like I said, miatas can pass ferraris.

I have not seen a GT350 style hood. That's what I hate most about my GT. 2018s are better but still nothing like a GT350 hood.

PP2 does not put down better numbers. Who said canyon driving has to be reckless? There's nothing wrong with enjoying the better handling traits and character of a car within the speed limits. You don't have to push a car to its limit to feel it.

As I said before; it's not an "investment" rather than a better financial decision to buy a GT350 over a GT. Quit trying to deny that because you just bought a brand new 2018 GT and that goes against your purchasing decision and possibly makes you doubt spending a lot of money on a car that may not have been the best financial decision.

As I said before....take this crap to a different thread. This is a GT500 topic.
"amateur drivers" don't just casually set lap records at a track. To think these guys are "amateurs" is pathetic, especially coming from someone who so strongly backs "canyon carving".

IIRC, Anderson Composites makes a GT350 hood. Worst case scenario, The Parts Farm is always getting totaled GT350s, I doubt it'd be too hard or expensive to find an OEM hood.

PP2 does put down better numbers. Hell, it put down higher cornering Gs than a 720s! That's on par with the R's numbers! Canyon driving doesn't have to be reckless, but "canyon carving" is inherently reckless, as it's defined as the idea of going beyond the legal speed limit on public roads. Trust me, you won't come ANYWHERE near the "limit" of a GT350 or PP2 anywhere on the street without breaking the speed limit. Those cars would likely handle twice the speed limit on a canyon corner with ease. You DO have to push your car's limit to feel it, that's why its a limit. What you're feeling is your car pushing the maximum lateral Gs that the DOT wants you to experience on the streets (likely not much more than .4 Gs).

It's not a better financial decision at all. Since when has it been a "better financial decision" to spend $60k on a car when you can have something on par with it for $40k? Again, I'm not doubtful at all. I've been looking into buying a new mustang since 2015, and I've had the GT350 on my radar since then. Only reason I didn't buy one was because I wanted to wait and see what the 2018 had to offer, and I'm so glad I did, because it offered MUCH more for my money. I was able to buy my Mustang, my R6, and my jetski and still have a car that with about $5k or so in wheels, tires, and suspension will absolutely blow the doors off of a GT350. I don't give a fuck about resale value, because cars are awful investments, so I plan to keep the car until I (or it) die.

But quick question, if you're oh so set on not derailing this thread, why are you so adamant about responding? It's not like when we get back on subject with the GT500, I'm just going to come in screaming "GT350s SUCKKKKK!!!". So, if you really want to get back on topic, take the L

Status
Not open for further replies.