Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
How difficult of a concept is this? If you don't plan on reselling a car, then yes, resale value doesn't matter. Some people buy a car and are happy with it. If I want another car, I'll just buy another car... no need to sell my dreamcar
Dream car!!! Hahahahahahahaha
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Dream car!!! Hahahahahahahaha
I realized I was being insensitive. Everyone has different expectations at different points in their lives. But my R is not my dream car. My dream car I will not buy because I have 5 cars, 2 homes, 3 kids, 5 pets etc. So you see, I am a family man and choose to have a car that allows me the time to spend with my family and on track. Why on earth would I buy a GT if I can afford the better performer? You chose to buy a GT and jet ski etc. Good for you. You made a decision to have more instead of upgrading. The GT is no GT350 but it is close in terms of performance. Oh! Billy J. Is a member here and I am sure he will be glad to answer any of your questions. For the record, i most certainly did not buy a GT350R because it is a Shelby. That is laughable. I purchased it because it is the best of the S550 platform that I can track all day right now.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I agree the PP2 should have gotten those, and I feel like it could have if Ford had discontinued the GT350 and only left the R.
Discontinue the GT350 and only sell the R version? At what, 500 per annum? Wouldn't make financial sense at all. Sell 5000 R models only? Then you'd have hordes of R owners (since the out the door price would likely fall) complaining that it is too rough riding and in need of watering down. The mix Ford sells now actually works pretty well if you think about it.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I've already said, I have no need to justify anything. I could've bought either, but realized the 2018 would be a much better purchase
FYI, when someone keeps repeating a claim like this, the truth is almost always the opposite. But if it makes you feel better...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
IBTL? I can't see this amusement going on for much longer.....

But where would you begin? This thread would almost be prohibitive to clean up and edit into any kind of sense. It's a train wreck, just like the blown engine thread.

Let's bring YOLO back and make it complete

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Oh, my bad, they only beat the SECOND fastest car ever around VIR... most definitely complete amateurs, probably their first time ever at the track

Eeeeeeexcept, it's not? It has different body panels, carbon-composite bumper support, and aluminum knuckles. Just about everything else is the same as the PP2. Stop drinking the cool aid... they also said the 2018 is "completely different from the A-pillar forward", doesn't make it some godly supercar.

Sure, but where's that "massive weight delta" that makes the PP2 match the numbers that the GT350R put down? Since you seem to LOVE the skidpad so much, lets see here... The PP2 put down 1.06G on the skidpad. What about the GT350? Oh, 1.05G? You don't say!
BTW, I never said the PP2 was on par with the R's performance. I said that the Gs it put down in that instance was on par with the R.

We aren't talking about Civics here, we're literally talking about a mustang and another mustang. And no, you can't feel the difference between 1 S550 and another when taking a corner at AT MOST .4G. Anything above that is reckless and stupid. You keep talking about "My R" but we aren't talking about a R here, we're talking about a GT350. I've already said that the standard GT350 should've been discontinued and only the R should've been kept, because its the only one that is anything special. But if you brag about being able to buy 2 of the same car for what you paid for 1, sorry, that's pretty retarded.

Yeah, no shit big guy. But that doesn't change the fact that a car is STILL not an investment. If you're worried about resale value and losing money, why the hell would you buy a brand new mustang? If that's REALLY enough of a concern that you spend $20k more on a car just so that you don't have to lose as much, then you should be buying a used Civic... That way, you'll only lose about $500! If someone can afford a better car, then by all means get it. But don't spend more on a worse car then try to pawn it off like this "god tier unbeatable car" when you can easily get something better for less. Youtubers do it right, but a lot of the ones who are already rich do it how you should if you're worried about investment... lease the car, use your raw income to invest in appreciating assets, use your YouTube income to pay your lease, and then trade off the car for a new one with no financial hit just to restart the cycle. But it's safe to say that we don't have a single Youtuber that's getting enough views to make payments on their GT350 in this thread, so that point is absolutely irrelevant

Well, first off, I've never called anyone stupid. I've said that making certain decisions is stupid, and that holds true.

Second, the game completely changes when you start talking about completely different cars. I bought my mustang over a Camaro because 1. I like to see out of my cars, 2. Camaro interior ergonomics are awful, 3. I like OHC engines, 4. I have to put things in the trunk sometimes, 5. I like the way the Mustang looks, and it would be cheaper to buy a mustang than it would be to buy a Camaro and make it look like a mustang, the list goes on.

But when you're literally comparing 2 mustangs of the same year, one is cheaper, performs better, and is more reliable and the other has a couple body panels that can be put on the cheaper one for less and sounds a tad bit cooler, it would be stupid to buy the more expensive one
You can drink whatever coolaid YOU want to, but the fact is none of them are professional drivers. I'm sure many professional racers dream about one day being a journalist for C&D....

Who ever said anything about supercars? I simply said ALL of the bodywork from the A-pillar forward is different, as well as the suspension geometry, and the suspension components themselves, which can't be replicated in the aftermarket, which is true.

What makes you make such ridiculous comments? "Since I love the skidpad so much." This is textbook trolling. It is a controlled environment that tests static grip... it simply the best way to measure a vehicles grip limits. Did C&D do a skidpad test of the PP2? If those two numbers you posted are correct, it just shows how much superior the chassis and tuning of the GT350 is.... one car has vastly superior, stickier tires than the other, which is by far and large the biggest determining factor of a vehicles overall grip levels.

Umm, if you can't drive on backroads at more than 0.4G without being "reckless" then I'm glad I don't have to share the road with the likes of you. I can drive well within the speed limits here, sometimes even up to 10km/h over (I know, I'm going to hell!!!), and easily pull 0.8G and higher on the tighter roads. I'm not bragging, I'm simply trying to get a fact through your thick skull. For myself, I wasn't even remotely interested in a GT. Had ZERO interest in getting a regular Mustang that's just like everything else out there that had nothing unique or special about it. I would have liked a GT3, but the R was as close as you can get to it at half the price. And its evident that many BMW/Porsche/Exotic car owners feel the same and buy a 350/R to replace their European sports car or add to their collection. It attracts attention from a completely different crowd because of the fact that its unique, special, and an amazing car. And I've never felt I needed to be speeding or driving recklessly to enjoy the car. It has a more enjoyable engine, transmission, clutch, and steering than a GT, and these things you interact with 100% of the time you are in the vehicle no matter what speed you are going.

Also, PUT YOUR READING GLASSES ON. I have never, and almost certainly never will, consider or reference a car as an INVESTMENT. Now, please try hard to comprehend this. IF a buyer can afford either car, A or B. Car A is more expensive than car B, but it also is a more unique and better vehicle in almost every single metric including subjective feel, AND holds its value better. Buyer likes to switch things up every 2-5years buying a new car. Which car is a better financial decision? The one that holds its value better, the one that buyer would have the smallest NET loss? Or should he get the lesser vehicle that he would lose more money on overall during the ownership period? Hmmm.... tough call... You keep mentioning the GT is better, yet not a single review in the world agrees with you. Nobody who has driven or owned both agrees with you. Hint, you're not right.

And it doesn't perform better. It doesn't brake as well, handle as well, the diff setup isn't as good, it has a vastly inferior transmission, it doesn't have coolers so it overheats after its 1-2 lap wonder, the engine doesn't make as much power or torque... you are literally acting or believing that because all of a sudden a PP2 has sport cup 2's on it that it is somehow better than it is. News flash man, without the Cup 2's, its not even in the same playing field as a 350. And when both have the same tires, they're not even close again...

Guess you're still stupid for buying a GT when you could have bought the Ecoboost and with half the price difference in mods DESTROYED a stock GT right? Going back to the 911 comparo, guess those guys buying GT3's must be making really stupid choices not just buying a Carrera/S and modding that turbo engine right to be way way faster with that $50K price difference right?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
FFS we're not even talking about the GT500. Shut it down. Ignore troll. You will never convince someone who is a troll, who doesn't think they're a troll, that they're wrong, or in this case, that their opinion isn't an objective truth.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Funny! You made a so called better financial decision but don't care about resale value??!!?? Conundrum much?? Hahahahaha
Won't be a sale time? SAID NO ONE EVER LOL

It is possible to keep a car and not sell it... see that 68 in my signature? Been in my family since new...

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
It is possible to keep a car and not sell it... see that 68 in my signature? Been in my family since new...
Didn't say it wasn't but it is not the norm especially with modern cars and how quickly they are eclipsed by new and modern technology. I too at have said that I would keep certain cars for life. Yet, here I am. Also, there are huge generational differences in owners from the 60's and today.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I realized I was being insensitive. Everyone has different expectations at different points in their lives. But my R is not my dream car. My dream car I will not buy because I have 5 cars, 2 homes, 3 kids, 5 pets etc.
What I meant to say, was "attainable dream car". Of course, if I had limitless funds, I'd buy a Koenigsegg one:1 or something like that. But ultimately, this is my favorite car that I can currently buy (under $100k) as a 22 year old. Maybe once I'm a bit older, I'll get a Ferrari or something like that, but it's not something I really aspire towards like my mustang.

Discontinue the GT350 and only sell the R version? At what, 500 per annum? Wouldn't make financial sense at all. Sell 5000 R models only? Then you'd have hordes of R owners (since the out the door price would likely fall) complaining that it is too rough riding and in need of watering down. The mix Ford sells now actually works pretty well if you think about it.
That idea is part of a bigger picture... the GT500 should've been out 2 years earlier than it will be, the GT350 should've been discontinued as to not neuter the PP2 and let it compete with the 1LE, and kept the GT350R as a more affordable option for those who just enjoy a visceral driving experience

You can drink whatever coolaid YOU want to, but the fact is none of them are professional drivers. I'm sure many professional racers dream about one day being a journalist for C&D...
I mean, Randy Pobst sure did...

Who ever said anything about supercars? I simply said ALL of the bodywork from the A-pillar forward is different, as well as the suspension geometry, and the suspension components themselves, which can't be replicated in the aftermarket, which is true.
You GT350 guys sure seem to act like you own some kind of supercar that could NEVER POSSIBLY BE BEATEN BY SOME PEASANT IN A GT!!

And no, you're wrong. It doesn't have "unique suspension geometry that can't be replicated", it has some springs and some aluminum knuckles, both of which can be AND ARE sold in the aftermarket

What makes you make such ridiculous comments? "Since I love the skidpad so much." This is textbook trolling. It is a controlled environment that tests static grip... it simply the best way to measure a vehicles grip limits. Did C&D do a skidpad test of the PP2? If those two numbers you posted are correct, it just shows how much superior the chassis and tuning of the GT350 is.... one car has vastly superior, stickier tires than the other, which is by far and large the biggest determining factor of a vehicles overall grip levels.
No, skidpad figures pretty much just shows how much grip the tires have and how loose the suspension is... loose suspension + more mechanical grip, but less control, which is what'll turn slower lap times. Skidpad is a VERY ineffective method of testing a car's "handling"

And no, they were separate tests, which leaves room for interpretation. However, Motor Trend (the ones who tested the PP2 in my quote) are notorious for having a garbage skidpad, so those numbers are up for interpretation. I'd guess same skidpad same day, the PP2 would put down higher numbers

Umm, if you can't drive on backroads at more than 0.4G without being "reckless" then I'm glad I don't have to share the road with the likes of you. I can drive well within the speed limits here, sometimes even up to 10km/h over (I know, I'm going to hell!!!), and easily pull 0.8G and higher on the tighter roads. I'm not bragging, I'm simply trying to get a fact through your thick skull. For myself, I wasn't even remotely interested in a GT. Had ZERO interest in getting a regular Mustang that's just like everything else out there that had nothing unique or special about it. I would have liked a GT3, but the R was as close as you can get to it at half the price. And its evident that many BMW/Porsche/Exotic car owners feel the same and buy a 350/R to replace their European sports car or add to their collection. It attracts attention from a completely different crowd because of the fact that its unique, special, and an amazing car. And I've never felt I needed to be speeding or driving recklessly to enjoy the car. It has a more enjoyable engine, transmission, clutch, and steering than a GT, and these things you interact with 100% of the time you are in the vehicle no matter what speed you are going.
No, you can't. The DOT makes speed limits so that you can't legally surpass half a G in a turn. Therefore, if you ARE surpassing that, you ARE driving recklessly. You don't need to "brag", you're talking to an avid track driver here. Your whole speech of people buying the car because "its unique, special, and an amazing car" is literally exactly what I've been trying to say, that people buy it because it says "Shelby" and then get a god complex about it. The clutch is actually worse than a GT, the steering is the same, the engine has "cool" factor but is worse than the 5.0 in terms of usability and reliability, and the trans you could EASILY swap into a GT and still have money left over to make EVERYTHING ourperform an R.

Also, PUT YOUR READING GLASSES ON. I have never, and almost certainly never will, consider or reference a car as an INVESTMENT. Now, please try hard to comprehend this. IF a buyer can afford either car, A or B. Car A is more expensive than car B, but it also is a more unique and better vehicle in almost every single metric including subjective feel, AND holds its value better. Buyer likes to switch things up every 2-5years buying a new car. Which car is a better financial decision? The one that holds its value better, the one that buyer would have the smallest NET loss? Or should he get the lesser vehicle that he would lose more money on overall during the ownership period? Hmmm.... tough call... You keep mentioning the GT is better, yet not a single review in the world agrees with you. Nobody who has driven or owned both agrees with you. Hint, you're not right.
Please get your dictionary out, ANYTHING you knowingly intend to buy and sell at a later time is an investment.

To answer your question, the better idea would be to buy the one with the least overall net loss, which would probably be a base PP2, as it'll be bought for $45k and in a few years be worth about $30k, but you'll have an extra $20k to invest in an appreciating asset to offset the depreciation of the car, rather than the $65k GT350 that'll be worth $40k in that time with no other assets to recuperate.

But, FYI, I was literally just in this situation last year. I determined that "Car A" isn't "better in every single metric" or "subjective feel", doesn't hold it's value all that much better, yet costs MORE for insurance and gas, thus making it the worse "investment", and a god damn name is CERTAINLY not worth $20k. You may like when fanboys cream all over your front splitter because it has the "SHELBY" word on it, but that's not my priority

And it doesn't perform better. It doesn't brake as well, handle as well, the diff setup isn't as good, it has a vastly inferior transmission, it doesn't have coolers so it overheats after its 1-2 lap wonder, the engine doesn't make as much power or torque... you are literally acting or believing that because all of a sudden a PP2 has sport cup 2's on it that it is somehow better than it is. News flash man, without the Cup 2's, its not even in the same playing field as a 350. And when both have the same tires, they're not even close again...
Um, except it does, and there's statistics to support it beyond your uneducated opinion having only driven one of the 2 cars being discussed. "more *peak* power and torque" doesn't mean shit when it doesn't actually make the car accelerate any faster. You literally believe that because one car says the magic word "Shelby", it's an unbeatable supercar. News flash man, there's evidence to support just how fucking wrong you are

Guess you're still stupid for buying a GT when you could have bought the Ecoboost and with half the price difference in mods DESTROYED a stock GT right? Going back to the 911 comparo, guess those guys buying GT3's must be making really stupid choices not just buying a Carrera/S and modding that turbo engine right to be way way faster with that $50K price difference right?
This is just retarded, We're comparing 2 V8s you fucking mongoloid. With the 911 comparo, I don't have enough Porsche knowledge to confirm, but if it is the case that you could easily build a MUCH faster car for the price of a GT3 within the factory warranty, then yes, they would be stupid to buy a GT3 just for that fancy schmancy name

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense now. A 22-year old know it all with subconcious Shelby envy-induced hatred.
I knew some dumb fuck was going to try and attack my age.

Happy it took you twice the amount of time to afford a GT350? LMAO

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense now. A 22-year old know it all with subconcious Shelby envy-induced hatred.
LOL!!! I was waiting for it to come out. Especially when he made the Disney world reference LOL. However, he is right. You can make almost any car outperform another. Albeit, he has lost sight of his opinion and considers it fact. Additionally, he has made grand assumptions of many in this thread as well as being rude. He will not concede nor will he understand. That is just something that will come with time, pragmatism.

Status
Not open for further replies.