Sponsored

Sad day indeed

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Ford will be buying my Mustang back soon and I just wanted to thank everyone on here for their help, advice and knowledge while I owned the car...sadly I will not be buying another Mustang...not sure what I will get next, but for now I will drive my winter beater til next spring...without this forum and its members I would never even known my car had an issue and I thank you all for that! I will be on the forum for a bit longer and will have some aftermarket items up for sale when I get pics of everything...
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
All because of the BBQ tick? Question, did it go away after it warms up a bit? I've noticed mine ever so slightly when my windows are down in a parking garage, but it doesn't last long. I just left it alone after reading several posts about it and it seems like nothing is wrong.

Either way, that sucks. Hopefully you can find a car you don't run into issues with.

careature

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 2017 pp
Ford will be buying my Mustang back soon and I just wanted to thank everyone on here for their help, advice and knowledge while I owned the car...sadly I will not be buying another Mustang...not sure what I will get next, but for now I will drive my winter beater til next spring...without this forum and its members I would never even known my car had an issue and I thank you all for that! I will be on the forum for a bit longer and will have some aftermarket items up for sale when I get pics of everything...
my car is also at dealership for engine ticking/knocking.

if not the forum I'd still think I had some minor clutch issue (as ticking was mostly happening when the car starts moving from standstill).

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Was the BBQ tick the only thing wrong with it?

Not trying to say, "Oh well if that's all it was you should have kept it" or anything. Just curious if you had any other issues.

Good luck finding something that you like. Life's too short to drive something that doesn't make you happy AND isn't reliable.

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Yes but that was enough for me after having a cam phaser issue twice with my 2012 Roush before getting the 2017 GT

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Yes but that was enough for me after having a cam phaser issue twice with my 2012 Roush before getting the 2017 GT
I understand. Not judging, like I said. Just sheer curiosity.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good luck with the next car. I've had great luck with Ford. Mustangs in particular. Dodge cars has been my huckleberry. But ive had great luck with jeeps. Its a crapshoot. Anyway at least they bought the car back.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
@p411mstang Now I know why I never saw you cruising around, the car was in the shop all the time.

Good luck with whatever comes next, and please let me know when you post your take off parts!

Sponsored
OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
@p411mstang Now I know why I never saw you cruising around, the car was in the shop all the time.

Good luck with whatever comes next, and please let me know when you post your take off parts!
Parts coming off this weekend. Whatcha need?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
I will have wheels/tires, strut tower brace, ford power pack 2, jacking rails and maybe a few other things

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Ferrari 812 Superfast FTW.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
For what it’s worth I got 18 years and 375,000km out of my car without opening the engine (1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX) before I sold it to Mustangs Alley, a Mustang restorer. If you think this is unusual, here is a guy who has his 27 year old 1991 5.0 with over 300,000 miles and never opened the engine and he put it on the dyno and was pleasantly surprised. Today’s engines should be even better in durability. I guess they don’t make them like they used to...

Sponsored